If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Any combination of Carson/Cruz/Fiorina/Paul (listed alphabetically) but my first choice would be Carson/Fiorina. I'm sick of career politicians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, I concede. Christie apparently showers regularly.

How would you know?

Oh, wait. I understand. It's probably an outdoor shower.

Some other potentially positive things about Chris Christie:

If elected, the Secret Service wouldn't have issues keeping track of him. He shows up on radar.

I've heard he has a good side. Too bad it takes up too much fuel to get to it.

His schedule is very busy. It's good that he can really haul ass but hauling ass takes him two trips.

He's trying to lose weight. It's discouraging though, when he steps on the scales it reads "to be continued..."

Last edited:

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    How would you know?

If elected, the Secret Service wouldn't have issues keeping track of him. He shows up on radar.

I've heard he has a good side. Too bad it uses up too much fuel to get to it.

His schedule is very busy. But he had to quit hauling ass because it takes two trips.

He's trying to lose weight. It's discouraging though, when he steps on the scales it reads "to be continued..."

That's not very nice making fun of his thyroid problem!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Guys, you all make valid points. And The Lord knows anyone that can save us from the Hildebeast is to be acclaimed. Its just that anybody with a history of crawfishing on 2A or currently mealy-mouthed about it is a total deal-breaker for me. Can't do Trump or Carson

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yet another vote for Trump, but not for the reason some might expect. He's richer than snot--after going bankrupt. He somehow managed to come through bankruptcy and become even wealthier than he was beforehand--and I don't really care how he managed it... The fact is, he did.

I think that is something this country needs to seriously worry about, given the rather epic nature of our national debt and the Congresscritters' collective cluelessness on how to even approach it let alone deal with it. Trump may well have some financial insight that could potentially help us substantially. Maybe not, but as I have said before, ANYone is better than the Hillary, and I think he'd have a real chance of beating her in the final race.

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    Yet another vote for Trump, but not for the reason some might expect. He's richer than snot--after going bankrupt. He somehow managed to come through bankruptcy and become even wealthier than he was beforehand--and I don't really care how he managed it... The fact is, he did.

I think that is something this country needs to seriously worry about, given the rather epic nature of our national debt and the Congresscritters' collective cluelessness on how to even approach it let alone deal with it. Trump may well have some financial insight that could potentially help us substantially. Maybe not, but as I have said before, ANYone is better than the Hillary, and I think he'd have a real chance of beating her in the final race.

I just worry about him and foreign policy. Can he truly lead our military and make us formidable again? We need to be the super power we are and reach out and touch anyone that threatens us.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Trump, at this point, because he says what he thinks and doesn't give a ****. I don't have to like eating spinach to benefit from it.

Even if I don't agree with him on many things, I do like what he's saying about immigration and his general confrontational approach. Too much BS about, "Our friends across the aisle..." from both parties for the last 40 years. We don't gain anything from being polite when the other side are full of loud mouthed, demanding, douche bags. All we do is lose in chambers, despite winning the House and the Senate.

Further, his behavior and curt presentation may encourage someone else in the field to be just 20% bolder which might be enough to make a difference some day.

We have never had a candidate who said, "**** you!" to Dems and the assorted clown car of misfit losers who form their base.

EDIT: Further, the role of the President is to be Chief Executive of the Federal government, not savior of the ****ing planet, reverser of high tides and dictator of morality. If all he did was hire decent people and run things more efficiently, we'd be well ahead of where we are now.

EDIT 2: And at least his wife wouldn't be ugly.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would love to see the screwed up faces on the lefty anti-corporate journalists' faces every time they had to say the words "President Trump". I want someone like him addressing the UN and negotiating with the leaders of other countries - I don't see him caving as easily as everyone else. He's built a multi-billion dollar empire, and has experienced both extreme failure and extreme success. He isn't beholden to others in the same amount as the rest of the candidates are. He says on immigration what many of us have been saying for decades now, but no other candidate has ever had the guts to say. He's loud, bombastic, and confrontational, and he says what he means.

He can't possibly be any worse than the last several presidents we've had, and I think he in fact could be a whole lot better from an economics standpoint than any of them.

I bet that's a paddlin'?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I would love to see the screwed up faces on the lefty anti-corporate journalists' faces every time they had to say the words "President Trump". I want someone like him addressing the UN and negotiating with the leaders of other countries - I don't see him caving as easily as everyone else. He's built a multi-billion dollar empire, and has experienced both extreme failure and extreme success. He isn't beholden to others in the same amount as the rest of the candidates are. He says on immigration what many of us have been saying for decades now, but no other candidate has ever had the guts to say. He's loud, bombastic, and confrontational, and he says what he means.

He can't possibly be any worse than the last several presidents we've had, and I think he in fact could be a whole lot better from an economics standpoint than any of them.

I bet that's a paddlin'?

Excellent point about negotiation. He has been in the trenches and knows you negotiate from strength and/or an extreme position, not the middle. You negotiate "in" from the "fringe" to get what it is you are really after. GOP starts in the middle and ends up being tug-o-war'ed left of center time and time again because they have no brains or balls. If they do otherwise, they may end up not being liked by their "friends" across the aisle. And that would be sad... :crying:

john-boehner-crying.jpg

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I picked Cruz, but at this point i could have also picked Carson, Fiorina, Walker or maybe Rubio. Sucks that the primary is so late relative to several other states.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How would you know?

I've heard he has a good side. Too bad it uses up too much fuel to get to it.

His schedule is very busy. But he had to quit hauling ass because it takes two trips.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yep, lots of paddlins.

There are Democrats running that are more conservative than Trump. Those of you enamoured with him may want to consider what influenced you to think this way.

A wise man would bet that those places are on Trumps payroll.

Top Bottom