If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Carson is level and saying all the right things.

Rand just comes off a bit to off center sometimes. Not on board with some of his belief's.

Any of these folks would be miles better than the coward in thief we now suffer under.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I picked trump, because I think he will do good things for the economy, and I think shutting down the border is a TOP priority, and he seems to be the only one willing to do that.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I like Trump, Cruz, Carson but think Paul has the best shot at beating Hildabeast. I do think those 4 have the best chance to make some changes in DC. I'd love for any one of them to get into office, argue with the RINOs then support a convention of the States to rip power away from DC.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Churchmouse said:

[video=youtube;T1wQrVNmo80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1wQrVNmo80[/video]

BECK: Do I have the right to own a semiautomatic weapon?

CARSON: It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I like Cruz but voted Rubio. I think he's the best debater of the group and has the best chance against the vile media and lies to be thrown at him and can deflect the Demo**** onslaught headed the Republican Candidate's way.

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    I like some of the views that Carson and Rubio have. But I am starting to read more on Kasich and I think he may very well turn into quite a good viable option. I really wish we had a candidate with military service though.

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    Carson/Fiorina FTW. I would also vote for a few of the others depending on how it goes. Will not show up at the general for Trump, Christie, Santorum, or Huckabee

Did you see the clip where Chris Matthews tried to bully her after the debate about calling Hi#$&ry a liar. I really like how she handled it and shut him down.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Cruz!!! Mostly because I believe he would govern this country by using the constitution as a compass and not as a barrier. I think our forefathers would have voted for him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I like more than a few of the folks that are running. However I really like Mr. Trump. I like that he says what he thinks. I like that he is not a career politician. I like that he does not care what is popular at the time. He seems to be a no holds barred straight shooter. And I really like what he thinks and says about all the illegal immigrants.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Rand just comes off a bit to off center sometimes. Not on board with some of his belief's.

Any of these folks would be miles better than the coward in thief we now suffer under.

Agreed about Rand. Thats why I could go for Cruz/Rand 2016

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like some of the views that Carson and Rubio have. But I am starting to read more on Kasich and I think he may very well turn into quite a good viable option. I really wish we had a candidate with military service though.

It bothers me that he (Kasich) feels the need to talk about God/religion, but when he does you're left with the feeling he just read the Cliff's Notes version of the subject. He does have some chops on the economy - President Cruz's Sec of Treasury?

Edited to clarify of whom I speak

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like more than a few of the folks that are running. However I really like Mr. Trump. I like that he says what he thinks. I like that he is not a career politician. I like that he does not care what is popular at the time. He seems to be a no holds barred straight shooter. And I really like what he thinks and says about all the illegal immigrants.

When it comes time to govern the thought of a President Trump concerns me. I'm not sure I see talented individuals lining up to be part of his administration. I don't think Mr Trump tolerates people in his circle that are not sycophants and he always seems to need to suck up all the oxygen in the room. It takes a lot of talented people at all levels to actually implement ones vision for gov't and the country.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Cruz!!! Mostly because I believe he would govern this country by using the constitution as a compass and not as a barrier. I think our forefathers would have voted for him.

This.

I too voted for Cruz. And like many here, their are a few I would pull the lever for and a few I will stay home and eat Cheetos.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I changed jobs a year ago, but the previous 5 years I worked for a Green Bay based company covering a multistate territory. I had a ton of business in Wisconsin and spent 1 or 2 weeks a month up there. I followed Wisconsin politics very closely and became VERY impressed with Scott Walker.. I have never volunteered for a candidate before, but will work for Scott Walker when they get an Indiana organization set up...

(Edit - Wisconsin politics makes Indiana look like A ball compared to the Major League, it is truly a contact sport up there.)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom