• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I wouldn't be shocked if he did get re-elected. Too many people see him as some kind of social celebrity a la Randy Marsh. And the Republican's didn't exactly wind up with what I'd call a "strong candidate".

I'll just keep paying my NRA dues, writing my congressmen, and hoping Obama's just talking about gun control to appease followers until the recent shootings inevitably die down. We can dream, can't we....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are kidding, right?

Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar' - Guns - Fox Nation
    Obama: “I’m working on gun control under the radar” :: Northern Colorado Gazette

Just because he hasn't been able to get by with it yet doesn't mean he isn't planning on coming down hard once he no longer has to worry about re-election!
    I don't know why you can't wrap your head around that!

He may have said that "under the radar," stuff, but considering it was only heard by a bonafide nut case (Sarah Brady), I wouldn't give it too much weight. I'd expect that Obama isn't going to do anything with regards to firearms; he doesn't have the power to write and pass bills on a whim, and the thought of an executive order concerning firearms would crash and burn like a Hindenburg made of balsa wood.
    He probably would sign a "restriction" bill if it made it to his desk, but for that to happen he'd need votes that he doesn't have.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    JMHO, BUT, IF you think the first four were BAD, then HOLD ON !!!!! Because YOU ain't seen NUTTIN YET !!!!! :twocents:

We heard that chicken little stuff when he was first elected, and yet, we're still here, able to complain.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We heard that chicken little stuff when he was first elected, and yet, we're still here, able to complain.

Deja Vu?

4 years ago, it was he didn't care about a second term so he was going to destroy the country in his first term.

This is more proof that the thought that we'll get a more conservative nominee the next election is garbage. The same "we can't let this dem win" hysterics will be rolled out again in 4 years. We'll be told we have to vote for the rino because the dem will destroy the country.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Actually, I think the "People" are realizing that POTUS isn't the real goal. I don't care if a reincarnated Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, John Locke, or Tench Cove were sitting in office, if the legislature isn't in line, the office has no power.

Look at the recent primary victories of conservatives across the Country. It is starting to show a trend. I don't think the battle is for POTUS, and have said so many times before. I believe that if Nov rolls around and these folks are elected, it won't matter who sits in the White House.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Actually, I think the "People" are realizing that POTUS isn't the real goal. I don't care if a reincarnated Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, John Locke, or Tench Cove were sitting in office, if the legislature isn't in line, the office has no power.

Look at the recent primary victories of conservatives across the Country. It is starting to show a trend. I don't think the battle is for POTUS, and have said so many times before. I believe that if Nov rolls around and these folks are elected, it won't matter who sits in the White House.

But what good is it if these "conservatives" get elected to congress and don't vote conservatively? 38 house tea party members voted for the senate to abdicate advise and consent for presidential appointees. While not unconstitutional to do so, it should be obvious that advise and consent should take precedent to all unconstitutional things taking up the senates time.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Regarding your crucial point, as follows:

I don't sleep with every hot young pool boy that comes along but that doesn't mean the desire isn't there.

I think the critical questions are 1) does Mr. GT know about this desire and 2) You have a pool?!?!?! And there hasn't been an INGO pool party? What gives :dunno:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    But what good is it if these "conservatives" get elected to congress and don't vote conservatively? 38 house tea party members voted for the senate to abdicate advise and consent for presidential appointees. While not unconstitutional to do so, it should be obvious that advise and consent should take precedent to all unconstitutional things taking up the senates time.

Not to sound all Pollyanna, but I do have hopes that the new crop will present themselves in a much more responsible way than the ones currently have.

I maintain that the People have the means to control. But only if We educate and stand up to do it. The first means is to remove them from office whenever possible and make sure the new ones know that the same fate will befall them should the act against Our will.

Sitting around, looking at the world through doom colored glasses won't do much good.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I see the Obama shills are working hard for him. I am sure it is a tough job. Let's see, we have a POTUS that was also heard whispering to Putin's stooge that after the election he will have more room to maneuver. One would assume he feels that way about a lot of things. Then we have a POTUS that said a year ago that he could not Constitutionally invoke the Dream Act. But when he thought it would help him get reelected he did so anyway. One would assume that he still knows this is an unconstitutional executive order. I would also note that the bastion of objectivity, the Huffington Post reported the desire to bypass Congress in getting some common sense restrictions on guns. So if we think Sarah Brady dreamed up the whole thing (I don't), there is still plenty of smoke that makes me think there may be a fire there somewhere.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    You do realize that Obama has actually expanded gun freedoms right? Romney is worse on guns than Obama. I don't know why people can't wrap they're head around that one.

There's a clip out there where Obama says he doesn't think we should own firearms. I'm too lazy to dig it up.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    So just thought I would through this out there. What does everyone think is going to happen if Obama gets re-elected for a second term.

I'll get deployed, I'll finish school and hopefully i find a decent job. Also, what has happened over the last 4 years will continue over the next 4. The next congress is going to be too dead locked to get anything serious done.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    1997-2004: As an Illinois state senator, Obama supports banning all forms of semiautomatic weapons and tighter state restrictions generally on firearms, including a failed effort to limit handgun purchases to one per month.
    2005: In the U.S. Senate, Obama votes against protecting firearms makers and dealers from lawsuits over misuse of their products by others. The bill is signed into law by President George W. Bush.
    2008: During his first presidential campaign, Obama supports a return to the federal ban on assault weapons, which began during the Clinton administration and expired under Bush. He also endorses requiring background checks for buyers at gun shows. The National Rifle Association attacks him as an anti-gun zealot — a stand the group continues to take today.

This is from an article that argues that his views have grown... but it gives an idea of what he has said and done in the past.

Obama, Romney views have evolved toward gun rights - Yahoo! News

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I see the Obama shills are working hard for him. I am sure it is a tough job.

Isn't it cute how they always deny it when called on it, but are consistently giving their Obamapologetics? I'm sorry I can't rep you again yet.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I remember reading an article early in Obama's term that he was given advice to give up on gun control and switch his efforts to making ammunition unaffordable - thus (supposedly) making owning firearms irrelevant.

The tactic was to enforce a serial number on every bullet manufactured - to effectively raise the prices on ammunition.

I heard that for a couple months and then it pretty much died down. Does anyone else remember anything like that - and is it still floating out there as an idea he may be working on?

I wouldn't expect him to do ANYTHING related to guns, or anything controversial (if he can help it) before the election. I think he's going to have enough controversy to work through in his efforts to get re-elected that he will avoid anything he can that is ansillary.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Isn't it cute how they always deny it when called on it, but are consistently giving their Obamapologetics? I'm sorry I can't rep you again yet.

I'm looking forward to all the "INGO conservatives" disappearing or to their Romneypologetics should Romney win. That's the only tempting reason for me to vote for Romney. To watch those who ***** about Obama's actions become silent or make excuses when Romney performs those same actions.

Top Bottom