• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Well, we definitely know that one of them makes a living off the tax payers. I don't recall on the others but I think another may be on the draw (some Fed money, retirement or disability) from comments he has made. So they may all be looking for that mystical Obama money.

Or a republican giveaway to the 1%. Guess it depends on your point of view as to which you think is more evil.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Or a republican giveaway to the 1%. Guess it depends on your point of view as to which you think is more evil.

How do you define 'giveaway'? If you refer to such forms of corporate welfare as subsidies and grants for those who don't need them (i.e., most any recipient) I would agree. If you are talking about a slightly lower tax rate that is still significantly higher than most everyone else's, that is an entire different matter as refraining from theft is not a giveaway, contrary to the Democratic Party talking points.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You do realize that Obama has actually expanded gun freedoms right? Romney is worse on guns than Obama. I don't know why people can't wrap they're head around that one.

How did Obama expand gun freedoms? Not being snide here, simply curious.

Designer99 is correct that Obama expanded gun freedom. He made them available to Mexican criminals who otherwise would not have been able to purchase them.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If Obama gets re-elected he'll give us the gift that keeps on giving long after the re-election.

supreme_court.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Of this, I was not aware. Was it passed the same way the Parks language passed?

By virtue of it being in a bill for credit card legislation. It's a bit disingenuous to suggest that he supported it just because some legislator was smart enough to attach it to a bill he knew Obama would sign.

Though technically correct, it hardly solidifies your position that Obama is not a threat because two whole pieces of legislation that standing alone I am most supremely confident he would have red-penned right into the round file.

He wants to be re-elected. Duh! I don't sleep with every hot young pool boy that comes along but that doesn't mean the desire isn't there. It simply means the consequences outweigh the benefits.

Of course, he has tried to ban target practice on federal lands. And his administration has succeeded in illegally transferring firearms to foreign nationals, instituted a ban on "historic" rifle imports, and does support the UN Small Arms Treaty.

His administration is also responsible for instituting new rules on the sales of "high power" rifled and nominated Traver to head the ATF. Traver supports gun bans.

What's the count now?

And yet during that same term, he extended the term of firearms licenses from four to six years, reinstated a 90-day grace period for license renewal, and signed a law providing free replacement licenses. Yeah, he hates firearms and firearms owners.

Yeah but you're forgetting his administration extended new and expanded freedoms to Mexican drug cartel straw purchasers. Think of all the new gun owners south of the border!

Well, some of them are south of the border...except when they're conducting business north of the border. ;)

(Indy, you beat me to it, dang it)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Designer99 is correct that Obama expanded gun freedom. He made them available to Mexican criminals who otherwise would not have been able to purchase them.

No one wants to hear it, see it, nor say it... lol, partisans

13306917291cG1BQ.jpg

But D99 speaks the truth...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No one wants to hear it, see it, nor say it... lol, partisans

But D99 speaks the truth...

How do you figure? Realistically, other than some reported whispers, Obama has done very little (if anything) and said very little other than ridiculing gun owners. He is certainly no friend of liberty in this regard or any other. Criticism of Romney being as bad or worse on the gun issue obviously is earned. I can't say that I really understand where you are going with this thought.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good point, but then again, Roberts is the one who sold us out in a huge way.
    Our side has chosen several Justices that have turned out to be lemons over the years. The Dems never seem to have that problem. But I have heard that there is tremendous pressure on conservative justices. All the law professors around the country are constantly trash talking them. They don't get invited to the legal community cocktail parties in Georgetown. Their wives are likewise shunned.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Our side has chosen several Justices that have turned out to be lemons over the years. The Dems never seem to have that problem. But I have heard that there is tremendous pressure on conservative justices. All the law professors around the country are constantly trash talking them. They don't get invited to the legal community cocktail parties in Georgetown. Their wives are likewise shunned.
    I'm not sure Republican presidents have always done a good job vetting candidates, or sticking up for them when the Senate and media turned up the heat. Also in the aftermath of Bork, the strategy has seemed to be to choose inoffensive 'moderates' with little or no paper trail.

james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Well, the Republican aren't going to lie down and give up, so I think your weapons are safe more or less. Since Obamacare will definitely not be repealed, we all actually start to learn what was actually in that bill (much of which will kick in during the 2nd term). We may see our economy tank, which may be the whole end game for those of Obama's ranks. I believe they want to see capitalism replaced and when better to do this when capitalism "fails."

But, I'm just not going to worry about it.
    whatever will be will be

I agree with you that we need to start looking at the actual bill that pasted. It is not creating government run health care, it is creating government mandated Healthcare. people that think that the government taking over everything in our lives, which may be true to some extent.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    sticking up for them when the Senate and media turned up the heat.

To paraphrase William F. Buckley, the right is horrific at picking up its wounded off the battlefield. (That's because the culture is Leftist in the Media centers).

Also in the aftermath of Bork, the strategy has seemed to be to choose inoffensive 'moderates' with little or no paper trail.

That transpired waaaay before Bork. I give you Potter Stewart, J.P. Stevens, Burger, Blackmun, et al.

james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I'll get deployed, I'll finish school and hopefully i find a decent job. Also, what has happened over the last 4 years will continue over the next 4. The next congress is going to be too dead locked to get anything serious done.

I hear you party politics and politic pressure will prevent most legislation from making it through, except some small ticket items. However, the presidential race is really not what is important it is the more important to control the House and Senate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree with you that we need to start looking at the actual bill that pasted. It is not creating government run health care, it is creating government mandated Healthcare. people that think that the government taking over everything in our lives, which may be true to some extent.

Some of both. I has the government doing enough 'running' that I am losing my coverage first of the year. The provider decided that it made more sense to fold it in than to deal with all the new requirements and similar coverage from other providers is prohibitively expensive (approx double the money) and my employer can't afford it.

It is also interesting that I am given to understand that the majority of the law has little to nothing to do with actual health care. If I had time to wade through 1200 or so pages of lawyerese I am sure I would walk away ready to vote for anyone promising to repeal the law and jail those who supported it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How do you figure? Realistically, other than some reported whispers, Obama has done very little (if anything) and said very little other than ridiculing gun owners. He is certainly no friend of liberty in this regard or any other. Criticism of Romney being as bad or worse on the gun issue obviously is earned. I can't say that I really understand where you are going with this thought.

Then I'll put it to you plainly. Did gun owners have more right just prior to Obama than they do now, yes or no?

Top Bottom