• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thumper31768

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    glocks the sh** i have owned one from day one the 3gen came out and never had a problem with it i have put 3000 rounds through it and never had any miss fire or ftl

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Jesus carried a Glock, and had to turn water in wine so Judas's XD wouldn't rust

God carries a custom 1911, one of a kind ofcourse

The angels carry tricked out AR's

The demons carry AK's, WASRs no doubt

What would the devil carry? According to this thread it would be an XD, but I don't agree. I have an XD and it has been top notch for me.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    OK guys, Jesus, the Angels, the Devil, and the Romans aside, and getting back to the arduous task of comparing these 2 weapons. Why are these Springfield XD's rusting like railroad tracks in the Florida salt air? Is Rem-Oil $h!t, or is it the XD's wonderful Melonite process, which by the way has been pointed out to me as is exactly the same as Tenifer? It's got to be one or the other, because we've got a Glock right next to it with zero rust.

Now he did point out it was an early XD, which he had the slide refinished, because as we all know early XD's were total rust buckets. Then after they sold umpteen thousands of them, we got "The New And Improved Springfield XD" which supposedly doesn't rust. Why did the inside of the barrel rust in just 2 weeks after cleaning and lubricating with Rem-Oil?

Springfield XD

1.) Barrel, RUSTED!

2.) Slide release RUSTED!

3.) Magazine release RUSTED!

4.) Retaining Pins RUSTED!

5.) Sights RUSTED!

6.) Grip Safety RUSTED!

7.) Trigger RUSTED!

8.) Slide Back Plate RUSTED!

Glock 23...... ZERO RUST ANYWHERE.

Perhaps it would have made for a more concise video if he simply pointed out WTF didn't rust! All of this in 2 weeks. He also has a Glock 23 in the exact same environment and zero rust. Why not? We just had a guy on this thread argue with me over and over how Melonite and Tenifer are exactly the same process. Then please explain why both guns didn't rust the same in the same environment?

This man seemed very honest and sincere. He didn't act like he had any axe to grind with anyone. He was neither a Glock or an XD "fanboy". That was apparently obvious because he owned both. I actually felt sympathy for the poor guy. He seemed really disappointed by what he discovered. Hell, I would be as well if I spent $500.00+ on a $250.00 gun that rusted all to hell in less than 2 weeks after I cleaned and oiled it the same as the Glock next to it that didn't rust in any way, shape, or form! Anyway Joe, you asked to be educated about all of these rusting XD's, and I just thought you would absorb the information, and add it to your vast knowledge and further your experience. Hell, I would just be happy to know why the Glock DIDN'T RUST! Bill T.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    OK guys, Jesus, the Angels, the Devil, and the Romans aside, and getting back to the arduous task of comparing these 2 weapons. Why are these Springfield XD's rusting like railroad tracks in the Florida salt air? snip.

They aren't.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    OK guys, Jesus, the Angels, the Devil, and the Romans aside, and getting back to the arduous task of comparing these 2 weapons. Why are these Springfield XD's rusting like railroad tracks in the Florida salt air? Is Rem-Oil !t, or is it the XD's wonderful Melonite process, which by the way has been pointed out to me as is exactly the same as Tenifer? It's got to be one or the other, because we've got a Glock right next to it with zero rust.

Now he did point out it was an early XD, which he had the slide refinished, because as we all know early XD's were total rust buckets. Then after they sold umpteen thousands of them, we got "The New And Improved Springfield XD" which supposedly doesn't rust. Why did the inside of the barrel rust in just 2 weeks after cleaning and lubricating with Rem-Oil?

Springfield XD

1.) Barrel, RUSTED!

2.) Slide release RUSTED!

3.) Magazine release RUSTED!

4.) Retaining Pins RUSTED!

5.) Sights RUSTED!

6.) Grip Safety RUSTED!

7.) Trigger RUSTED!

8.) Slide Back Plate RUSTED!

Glock 23...... ZERO RUST ANYWHERE.

Perhaps it would have made for a more concise video if he simply pointed out WTF didn't rust! All of this in 2 weeks. He also has a Glock 23 in the exact same environment and zero rust. Why not? We just had a guy on this thread argue with me over and over how Melonite and Tenifer are exactly the same process. Then please explain why both guns didn't rust the same in the same environment?

This man seemed very honest and sincere. He didn't act like he had any axe to grind with anyone. He was neither a Glock or an XD "fanboy". That was apparently obvious because he owned both. I actually felt sympathy for the poor guy. He seemed really disappointed by what he discovered. Hell, I would be as well if I spent $500.00+ on a $250.00 gun that rusted all to hell in less than 2 weeks after I cleaned and oiled it the same as the Glock next to it that didn't rust in any way, shape, or form! Anyway Joe, you asked to be educated about all of these rusting XD's, and I just thought you would absorb the information, and add it to your vast knowledge and further your experience. Hell, I would just be happy to know why the Glock DIDN'T RUST! Bill T.

LOL I never asked about rust. Maybe you need to learn how to read! I simply replied from the point of someone who previously owned a Xd. I had 0 problems with rust or anything for that matter. Would have I put it up, toe to toe with any Glock? Damn right I would have. Maybe you need to pull your head out of the sand. Come to the realization that they are both good platforms. Stop thinking that Glocks are the best gun period on the market right now. They may be in your eyes, but that is just your opinion.

So, do you go into denial, when you see a pic of a Glock that went boom? Yes, that's right Glocks have issues also. It can happen to any brand of gun on the market.

Last edited:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    You really need to take your lips off of the Glock ****! I love how people like you have to continualy bash another brand of firearm because you do not prefer it. I had an Xd and had 0 problems with rust. Guess I would prefer rust over an explosion. Yes, Glocks along with any gun can have flaws. No gun is perfect. So, drop the shovel before the hole gets to deep for you to get out.

They aren't.

Hey, you were the ones who asked about rust not me. I gave it to you on a silver platter, in detail. Now because you don't like the results, I'm the bad guy who's "bashing" XD's???? You don't like it, then how about keeping your mouths shut in the first place? You asked for your own poison, now you got it! Too bad. You set yourselves up for all of this, now live with it. How about instead of whining about what you don't like seeing and hearing, you both tell me why did the XD rusted like a boat anchor, and the Glock came through unscathed in the exact same environment, with the exact same cleaning and lubricating methods?? That I'll settle for. Hell, it's better than listening to a bunch of guys acting like broads who didn't lose weight on a Oprah diet. Next time choose your battles more carefully. Bill T.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    There are a lot of Glocks out there and a lot of guys are upgrading to the new Gen IV guns or they're realizing that Glocks aren't all that they're talked up to be.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom