• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Manti Te’o's girlfriend? :D

R yew stwil cwying aboot twaffic wittle boi? U wanna kleenex awnd a aspwin?

No but your obsession with me still hasn't subsided. I'm flattered. Will you please be my neighbor?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    No but your obsession with me still hasn't subsided. I'm flattered. Will you please be my neighbor?

If you would drop off the face of the Earth tomorrow, I wouldn't give it a second thought......neighbor.

:nopity:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I was on 465 on the northeast side. I live 25 miles from work and make it in 30-35 minutes. About 3-4 miles of that is Lafayette or 45mph zone. It'd take that long or longer to go 10 miles in Indy.

I drive 40 miles everyday straight through Indy to get to work. It takes 45 minutes from house door to office door.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was in a cab in Vegas once for a convention and the cabbie was complaining that it took twenty minutes to get from the airport to the other side of town because of all of the convention traffic. At the time, I was living in Detroit and I was like "Geez, it takes me twenty minutes to get out of my driveway! I'd LOVE a twenty minute full commute!"

Detroit drivers are maniacs. Every time I'd come to Indy, I always noted how easy the driving was, how little traffic there was, and how polite the other drivers were by comparison. Now that I've lived here for 12 years, I've completely lost my Detroit driving ability. When I go back to Michigan, I practically get run down by the other cars on the road. I feel like I'm driving like an old lady.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was in a cab in Vegas once for a convention and the cabbie was complaining that it took twenty minutes to get from the airport to the other side of town because of all of the convention traffic. At the time, I was living in Detroit and I was like "Geez, it takes me twenty minutes to get out of my driveway! I'd LOVE a twenty minute full commute!"

Detroit drivers are maniacs. Every time I'd come to Indy, I always noted how easy the driving was, how little traffic there was, and how polite the other drivers were by comparison. Now that I've lived here for 12 years, I've completely lost my Detroit driving ability. When I go back to Michigan, I practically get run down by the other cars on the road. I feel like I'm driving like an old lady.

It's been a few years since I last drove around Detroit, but as I remember it, it's either floor it or get run over one second, the next second--stand on that brake as hard as you can--white knuckled--trying to stop before you ram the freeway parking lot in front of you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's been a few years since I last drove around Detroit, but as I remember it, it's either floor it or get run over one second, the next second--stand on that brake as hard as you can--white knuckled--trying to stop before you ram the freeway parking lot in front of you.

Sounds about right. Mix in roads that are falling apart and you've got a recipe for excitement, baby!

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I have a 22 mile one way drive to work every day. Drive through three small towns (New Ross, Jamestown and Linton) and have no stoplights at all, and only two stop signs. It takes me around 25 minutes, i'd take that any day over an eight mile drive through Indy at rush hour.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a 22 mile one way drive to work every day. Drive through three small towns (New Ross, Jamestown and Linton) and have no stoplights at all, and only two stop signs. It takes me around 25 minutes, i'd take that any day over an eight mile drive through Indy at rush hour.

25 minutes to drive 22 miles with three small towns and two full stops? You must be going 80-85 on the stretches. :):

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    You must be going 80-85 on the stretches. :):

What's wrong with that?:dunno:

:D
    Easy to do that in the M5, leave it in 4th and step on it just a tad and you are probably over the highest speed limit in the state.

Not that I know from personal experience or anything, I would never do that.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    25 minutes to drive 22 miles with three small towns and two full stops? You must be going 80-85 on the stretches. :):

Two are one horse towns, Jamestown is the largest and everyone should know not to speed through there......:D

County road for 4 miles and highway the rest. I've been known to make better time every now and then. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The wife and I went through "De-toilet" (Detroit) on our way up north on 2 wheels. We can ride with the best of them but that town is straight up nuts. Chicago is better in places than Detroit and do stay the hell out of Benton Harbor.

Top Bottom