• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Detroit sucks! I've driven there once, Never again! My dad used to have to go to Detroit to visit factories his plant stamped parts for, for quality control, I always hated riding with him for about a week after he would get back!

I went to Chicago a few times, those *******s will run you right off the road if you don't stand your ground... But they will use their turn signals while they run you off the road! People in Hendricks county drive me nuts... Of course people in Putnam county don't know how a 4-way stop works :ugh:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    After years of commuting, from one end of the city to another, or from the far suburbs to a city, and even a time from out in the sticks to the job, I made a conclussion. Commuting stinks! 3-5 hours a day behind a windsheild, that you do not get paid for, PLUS spending what is left of your paycheck after the government takes theirs off the top for car expense, is too much for me. That is probably why I really do not enjoy driving any more.

I had a time in my life that lived in a large building that was also where I worked. I made $65,000 a year plus my apartment, so even though I could afford one, I didn't even bother own a car. I was within 6 blocks of 95% of my life interests, educational, recreational, social and various entertainment. I was only a 90 cent bus token away from the car rental at the airport if I wanted a car on weekends, where I drove a nice new car for $20 a day. Even if you rented a car every weekend, that was $80 a month. You cannot believe how much extra money and time you have if your life is centered around where you live. Of course it is pretty hard to shoot full course Highpower rifle, trap, sporting clays and pistol when you live in a highrise in a major city.

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    After years of commuting, from one end of the city to another, or from the far suburbs to a city, and even a time from out in the sticks to the job, I made a conclussion. Commuting stinks! 3-5 hours a day behind a windsheild, that you do not get paid for, PLUS spending what is left of your paycheck after the government takes theirs off the top for car expense, is too much for me.

I had a time in my life that lived in a large building that was also where I worked. I didn't even bother own a car. I was within 6 blocks of 95% of my life interests. I was a 90 cent bus token away from the car rental at the airport if I wanted a car on weekends, where I drove a nice new car for $20 a day. Even if you rented a car every weekend, that was $80 a month. You cannot believe how much extra money and time you have if your life is centered around where you live. Of course it is pretty hard to shoot full course Highpower rifle, trap, sporting clays and pistol when you live in a highrise in a major city.
    It sounds really convenient, but makes me feel all claustrophobic!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pffft. Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Chicago...that's traffic. Indy is only slightly removed from a town with one blinking yellow light except at rush hour.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Pffft. Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Chicago...that's traffic. Indy is only slightly removed from a town with one blinking yellow light except at rush hour.

Good calls on all of those, London center city is also horrible, they "discourage" traffic there by ending all the motorways about 15 miles out. Stop and creep the rest of the way. I'm sure no natives try it, the trains go everywhere.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Indy has the best traffic and roads out of anywhere that I've lived. Try anywhere in Florida or the above suggestions by blueIs. Not only are our roads in better shape, our people are better drivers, and you can get anywhere easily as its a giant grid.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Sound like driving around Louisville to me... on a day that ends in "y". Idiots down here have a special way of asshattery. Crossing the Ohio river bridge every day gives me a new look on traffic. Now, DC or Chicago, that is true traffic hell and I would sooner have a root canal than drive that crap every day, anything else is tame by comparison.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    NYC was not much fun to drive either. I haven't driven in Chicago, just rode as a passenger. DC stunk.
    I don't think my car ever made it out of first gear in NYC.

Top Bottom