• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Indy traffic is a breeze compared to most metro areas.

Yep.

It makes me laugh when people complain about the traffic in Indy. At its worst, its still better than most of the larger cities in the country.

Kind of how it makes me laugh when folks in Indy (and most of the state, too) complain about winter.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I lived in Phoenix Arizona for about a year. Traffic was so bad on one stretch they actually considered going 12 lanes wide each way. Even Chicago was not that bad compared to Phoenix. 15 minutes to work in the morning, never less than 90 on the way home whether surface streets or the interstate.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Know what's worse than driving in the snow?

Driving in Indy.

I don't mind the snow one bit. It's the morons around me that I can't stand.

There can be a light dusting and you'd think there was 18" on the ground.

Oh and you want to pass? Nah, the idiot in front of you is driving down the center of the road.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Dang-do you guys not like to drive or what? Indy traffic is not that bad.Maybe you just need a car that's more fun to drive:dunno: I honestly enjoy the challenge of navigating the freeways around and through Indy-just can't deal with the traffic jams.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    I agree with Scutter...Indy doesn't know what TRAFFIC is when compared to DC, LA, Boston or NY. We have it easy here by comparison. My commute is 1hr 10min , each way every work day between Noblesville and Indy. It'd be 3 hours in D.C. To do the same 33 miles during the "rush"!!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't ever drive in Chicago or Boston.

You'd not only eat a bullet, you'd eat the whole gun.

Indy is nothing in comparison to those places. Nothing.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Originally Posted by hornadylnl
    I'd eat a bullet...
    I have a nice .45 ACP round that I could recommend. Heck, I'd even supply it for you, free of charge. :laugh:

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Not exactly sure what this means. What do I have to do with the people that swerve into oncoming traffic?

Do you mean me and the "oncoming traffic" hate the potholes?

I meant. You hate potholes. And other people hate potholes. And some of those other people who hate potholes will swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting them.

Not saying you swerve into traffic. Just that you and the people who swerve into traffic all hate potholes the same. How you approach them is different.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Most traffic problems are a side effect of drivers doing anything but focusing on the act of driving. Intersections could flow much better if everyone paid attention to the light and simultaneously began moving. Instead they all wait for the person in front of them to move before they think about moving. The result is that someone's 2 second delay in front results in minutes farther back. The situation is similar on the interstate when there is heavy traffic and people don't look farther ahead than the car in front of them. Driving isn't just a mindless task, if everyone actually drove their cars we'd be better off. Sadly we won't see that happen any time soon. Our only hope is that automated driving systems save us.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I live in a town with one stop light, I drive to Chicago for work everyday. I work construction, If you think driving in Chicago is bad try working on the street with those idiots zooming by you. Or pulling a trailer with a pick-up, not to mention a dump truck pulling a back-hoe.

Top Bottom