• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I’ve never had anyone intentionally damage a motorcycle, but I’ve seen everything from tripping over a curb trying to ignore me, to complimenting me on a non Harley. It looks to me like the older guys are a little more accepting since I think maybe they’ve had other brands. It’s the younger guys (generally) with their first bike, a Harley, who can’t acknowledge any other brand. The tag in the leather jacket is always a giveaway. (Joking. Mostly) I’m on a 1983 motorcycle, that’s older than you are dude. And it still looks 95 percent new from the factory. As I get older I basically care less and less what people think of me.

Last ride on the Raider I had two HD guys ask me if that was a Victory Jackpot, pretty excited about it. After they found out it was a Raider, lost all interest. If I’m talking to somebody I usually slip in that this is the bike Harley wished they had built. Maybe that was it?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yeah well all of the new riders won’t have to worry about “American made” any more and can just buy a Japanese bike for 1/3 of the price. Good strategy.

For 2024, the Honda Gold Wing Tour Airbag DCT will retail for $33,000 (a $100 price increase over last year), and will be available in a Pearl White color scheme only, which also sees a blackout treatment on the wheels, engine, mufflers, and saddlebag trim.

What's it worth in 10yrs? 20 yrs? 40 yrs?
    About a 1/3 of that American Union built Harley Davidson will be worth.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    For 2024, the Honda Gold Wing Tour Airbag DCT will retail for $33,000 (a $100 price increase over last year), and will be available in a Pearl White color scheme only, which also sees a blackout treatment on the wheels, engine, mufflers, and saddlebag trim.

I guess some people buy motorcycles as an investment! Wow! Never knew that.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I guess some people buy motorcycles as an investment! Wow! Never knew that.

Some are, some aren't.
    Im sure your most motor vehicles are one of the poorest investments one can make.
    I've done ok so far with my Americans, except for my 2010 twin cam.
    If I would have bought Japanese, they would have long been in the scrap yard due to lack of replacement parts.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I was on a business trip a few years ago with a co-worker who wanted to stop at the HD dealership we were passing by on our way home.
    It was an enlightening experience into merchandising.
    As she went around buying t-shirts, sweatshirts and jewelry, I went wandering around. A sales lady came up to me and asked if I needed any help. I told her I already had a lifestyle and didn't need another one. She asked what I was talking about. I then asked her what she thought they sell here. She replied motorcycles. I told that was incorrect and they were selling lifestyles. She asked me what brought me to that conclusion. I then asked her if she thought they were selling motorcycles, what all this other stuff was. She replied "accessories".
    I asked her just exactly how a whiskey shot glass or a set of playing cards or a set of BBQ thongs are considered equipment used on a motorcycle.
    She walked away from me and that is the last time I ever darkened a HD dealership.
    My co-worker spent about $300 and doesn't even own a motorcycle.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Entry riders are NOT going to be buying a new Gold Wing.
    CB1000 = $13000
    CB650 = $9500
    CBR650 = $10000
    Shadow = $8000
    Yam MT109 = $10500
    Ninja ZX6R = $11500
    Vulcan 900 = $9500

etc etc etc

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was on a business trip a few years ago with a co-worker who wanted to stop at the HD dealership we were passing by on our way home.
    It was an enlightening experience into merchandising.
    As she went around buying t-shirts, sweatshirts and jewelry, I went wandering around. A sales lady came up to me and asked if I needed any help. I told her I already had a lifestyle and didn't need another one. She asked what I was talking about. I then asked her what she thought they sell here. She replied motorcycles. I told that was incorrect and they were selling lifestyles. She asked me what brought me to that conclusion. I then asked her if she thought they were selling motorcycles, what all this other stuff was. She replied "accessories".
    I asked her just exactly how a whiskey shot glass or a set of playing cards or a set of BBQ thongs are considered equipment used on a motorcycle.
    She walked away from me and that is the last time I ever darkened a HD dealership.
    My co-worker spent about $300 and doesn't even own a motorcycle.
    Not all have fallen into the costume party.

Top Bottom