I went through 23 Handguns before I found the right one(s)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock 23 and 27....great choices! As Tom Skerrit's old Knight's character in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie said, "You have chosen...wisely!"

My wife's most recent purchase was a Springfield XDm 3.8 in 9mm...and I considered their XDm in .45 acp...but went with a great deal on a Glock 36 and couldn't be happier!

1911's are great pistols...if you purchase a quality one and it fits your hand?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    So far in my quest I've been through 9 or 10 handguns. Just this week I've committed to selling my M&P9c and getting a 9 Shield...it will end some day, but the track record says otherwise.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, while I really like my Glock 17 & 23, I love my Kahr P9 & TP45. I have quit buying pistols to find that right one. Believe it or not, it is a very good feeling knowing I can now finally spend any money on ammo and training. People, I love my Kahrs....oh, I said that already. :>)

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I've gone through the same process over the last few years or so, and right now the two I primarily carry are my Hk P30 in 9mm and my HK45c. If I'm out on the trail, I usually rock the Glock 20 in 10mm Auto. I still own a few that I tried and liked enough to keep around. The 1911 is a fantastic firearm. Sigs are great. Glocks are awesome. In the end, it just comes down to what works for you. There are a lot of great options out there.

Shootallday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    central indiana
    I've defiantly been through the process of finding the best EDC gun for me. A lot of good guns but after a few years I finally settled on the glock 19 and 26. Just can't find anything I shoot better or feels more comfortable to me

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have been through probably 80 handguns over the past 16 years.

Today, I have the following:

SIG P320 Full Size in 9mm
    Beretta 92SB Compact in 9mm
    Ruger SR9 Compact in 9mm

May sell the Beretta to get another SIG P320.

That's just where I am right now. The situation is, as always, malleable.

Vanguard.45

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I find that no matter what, a 3rd Gen GLOCK in their 9/40/357 frame fits like a glove. I've found I LIKE the wide grip, and the finger grooves. It's also the easiest and fastest-drawing pistol I own.

Top Bottom