I WAS ABUSED BY FOUR ARMY RANGERS TODAY!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Thanks for sharing, Frank. I enjoy learning from the experiences of others. Note to self: don't volunteer for anything that involves being bitten by dogs.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    That's awesome Frank.

Even if it hurts a little, it's still another life experience that you have. Not everybody gets to do stuff like that, and I think it's cool.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Did they leave that suit flap over your ass down for you? :D

In my younger tougher days, I could hurt one dog if I was expecting him. You add one more though that know how to work together and the odds drop quickly. Four, now that is just entertainment.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've taken quite few hits over the years with a sleeve but haven't had the suit on yet. It's a pretty humbling experience when an animal 1/3 your weight or less takes you off of your feet.

I always enjoy it and never pass up the opportunity.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    But I guess it didn't really count as abuse because I volunteered for it...

As I was getting ready to leave training today, two IMPD K-9 vehicles and two unmarked (but obviously gubment) SUVs pull in. The question was asked of who the guys were in the SUVs and we were told they were Rangers there to train their patrol dogs on explosive detection and people apprehension. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed I raised my hand when the Ranger-in-charge (didn't catch his rank) asked if anyone wanted to put on the bite suit. I thought I was just going to "run" from one dog and let him apprehend me, little did I know I was going to have to help train 4 dogs.

If you've never seen a bite suit, they are constructed of burlap and some kind of padding. Not very thick padding I should add... The one they gave me to wear smelled of urine and fear, not all of it my own.

Of the 4 dogs, 3 of them were big enough to knock me on my ass when they jumped on me. The 4th didn't weigh enough and I was able to walk back to its handler with it still hanging off my arm. The Rangers took their sweet time getting the dogs back on lead and off my arms, and one of them even had to choke his dog a little bit to get it to release. The last dog to hit me hit hard enough that I spun when I fell and landed on it. I sure would have felt bad if I'd have broken it... :D

I've got some decent scratches and bruising on the back of both arms, but even though it felt like it no teeth made it far enough through the suit to cause puncture wounds. I can honestly say now that I have some compassion for fleeing criminals that are apprehended by the k-9.

Guess you look like ALQUEDA:D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It is pretty neat that we have a very good working relationship with Ranger and Delta dog handlers. They come out here to train with us and vise versa. Dang Fritz, that sounded like fun. I have never done that.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It was actually quite fun, although I am extremely glad that I had the suit on. I'm not afraid to say that I was a little scared of those dogs. Like phylodog said you've got to respect an 80-90 pond animal that can knock a 6'6"/246 pound guy on his ass.
    Im glad you enjoyed it. saying you were a little scared is just being smart and honest. i dont think any sane person could even hear one of those dogs bark and not streak their shorts a little knowing they were gonna be getting bit. even with that suit on it doesnt feel good does it? :):

was vitamink sitting on his futon watching you? that would be scary too :laugh:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    On a side note, I like the "posse comitatus" tag for this thread. I guess whoever made that tag doesn't realize that the dogs and handlers are being trained for duty overseas and aren't used against US citizens. But who am I to be the tag Nazi.

Top Bottom