• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Was going to say this in purple, but then realized that I am not being sarcastic, just sick: Still trying to find "compliance parts" as required by the people's right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Too bad CZ's lawyers aren't standing up to ATF but bowing down before them.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Since ATF has previously said that nfa items are not subject to 922 rules, I am tempted to forgo the CZ stock and add another type of stock instead, solely to avoid having to buy other parts in order to add their stock.

I've seen a letter since that stated otherwise, not that it really counts for much...

ETA:
    atfresponseregardingpar.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's ridiculous that where a part was made makes any damn difference whatsoever.

What's even more ridiculous is that it is effectively unenforceable. Other than the actual receiver, most firearms parts are not stamped with manufacturing location (and I would bet that the few that have stamps are most likely marked as such so they can be sold as "compliance" parts for a mark-up).

What are the ATF's prosecution numbers for 922r non-compliance against individuals? I'm betting they are virtually non-existent, unless they just stack it on top of a bunch of other charges, trying to bury someone in paperwork so they'll plea out.

922r was meant as a means to stop importation of "assault weapons" as components to get around the other completely arbitrary (and arguably unconstitutional, at least in spirit) import bans. It was never really conceived of as being applied to individuals and honestly, the ATF hasn't really tried to change that. They just will issue a letter here and there, to keep the paper tiger alive.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Not a damn thing. Forensics could make a pretty good case if it went to court, and you'd better believe that ATF would spend the lab and lawyer bucks on making the first case stick.

I think since it applies to the maker, simply possessing a non-922r compliant weapon would be a danger for confiscation rather than prosecution unless the building can be pinned on you somehow.

The real hawks are forum trolls; I can't think of too many scenarios that LEO/GOV would be taking down your AK to check the piston. Unless you had already done something criminal, or ran your fool mouth, I can't see probable cause coming up. Doesn't stop "the man" from making arrests/seizures that they know won't stick. How many guys haven't been able to get seized guns back even with a court order, or that they were "destroyed" (aka taken home).

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I scored 4 of the 30 round mags just a little while ago. CZ had 1000 of them come into stock on their website at 1300hrs and they sold out in 20 minutes.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    nice! every time I've tried to find the mags on their website so I can get a notification when they are in stock, I can never find them.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I scored 4 of the 30 round mags just a little while ago. CZ had 1000 of them come into stock on their website at 1300hrs and they sold out in 20 minutes.

Hope you got a Hoosier lotto ticket too today. Did you get an email or facebook notice from CZ?

I have not received any email's for anything since I registered with CZ.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got email from CZ notifying me that the mags were in stock yesterday. They posted on FB yesterday also that the mags would be released for sale today at 1300.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    CZ Usa said:
    Dear Customer,

We are writing you about your CZ-USA webstore order for 30 Round EVO magazine(s). A computer glitch in our system caused the magazines to be oversold, and unfortunately your order is unable to be fulfilled immediately. We understand how frustrating this must be for you - especially given how hard these magazines are to get a hold of - and we apologize for that.

Rest assured, your order will be filled when we receive our next weekly shipment from the Czech Republic. You do not need to do anything to keep your order in our system. We expect that we will be able to ship your order on 5-15-15. Once we ship, you will be emailed a FedEx tracking number when FedEx picks up your package (after 4pm central time).

Again, we apologize for any aggravation our mistake has caused you and hope that the fun you have with your 30 round magazines makes up for the delay in receiving them.

Best regards,

CZ-USA

:facepalm:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks, got 3. For anybody with a SilencerCo Octane 9, they now have a fixed barrel adapter to directly thread the Octane to the weird Scorpion threads. Cost is $61 from Lanbo's.

Is there enough barrel exposed to just cut it and have it rethreaded in 1/2x28? Though I guess maybe you could get a 1/2x28 adapter made and just fixed into place.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Is there enough barrel exposed to just cut it and have it rethreaded in 1/2x28? Though I guess maybe you could get a 1/2x28 adapter made and just fixed into place.

I looked into this not only for a more common thread pitch but also because a cut/thread changes the barrel from a foreign part to an American part so one less 922r to worry about. When talking with ZR Tactical, he didn't feel there was enough barrel exposed for a suppressor to clear the handguard.

Top Bottom