• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    CZ got a ruling from ATF and US compliance parts AND the factory stock will be available this summer :rockwoot:

I guess that's bitter sweet. Good that they'll be supplying us with compliance parts but bad in that it's further confirmation that 922r does apply to making an SBR. Any idea which parts will be compliance? Guessing the mags and trigger group? Was this on their FB page?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yes, several people have gotten them approved and put stocks on them. CZ hasn't released their stock because they're waiting for an ATF 922r ruling. You can get an AR stock adapter and add a stock of your choice that way. People seem not to care about 922r and are falling back on the fact that since they are considered the manufacturer, 922r doesn't apply.

My Google-fu is failing me, but would it be legit to put a pistol tube and a Sig brace on one of these to avoid going SBR?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Since ATF has previously said that nfa items are not subject to 922 rules, I am tempted to forgo the CZ stock and add another type of stock instead, solely to avoid having to buy other parts in order to add their stock.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    They could sell a US trigger pack, along with a US flash hider and it would then be in compliance.

I don't envision the "compliance kit" and the stock selling for less than $300

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    It is hard to see a 16 part kit as being "afford able", but we shall see. Hopefully it has an improved trigger and safety.

For the Scorpion to be 922r compliant in rifle form it can not have more that 10 of the 922r parts. Currently the ATF lists it as having 16. The kit would not have to have 16 parts but only 6 to make it 922r compliant.

A magazine counts as 3 and a trigger group could be counted as 2-4.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Trigger housing, trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, pistol grip are all 922 parts. If they simply replaced the entire trigger pack with a US made one, my math says this would fly.

Top Bottom