i messed up big (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Kudos to you (and +1) for being man enough to admit to your mistake and post your story so that the rest of us can learn from it!

Being a newbie here, I don't know the answer to this question, but I assume there's been an "AD" thread before, in which folks have all admitted to their misadventures? I'm sure there would be a lot of great lessons to be learned!

Well, I started a thread called "Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun."
    after I dropped my Bersa on a tile floor in a public restroom. Luckily there was no AD/ND.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/39884-dumbest_thing_you_have_done_with_a_gun.html

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Wow that looks bad. Hope your hand heels quickly. While that sucks at least you had good sense about it and had the gun pointed in a safe direction. kudos for that. I was told that N.D.'s happen to everyone around guns long enough. Its where they happen that makes the difference. I dont entirely agree with that but it is food for thought. Good luck

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Well, I started a thread called "Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun."
    after I dropped my Bersa on a tile floor in a public restroom. Luckily there was no AD/ND.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/39884-dumbest_thing_you_have_done_with_a_gun.html
    I think that would have huge value - as a great learning opportunity for all of us. I've been a certified instructor for a long time, and I've had one particular "learning experience" myself, although unlike the OP, I'm not sure I'm man enough to share it.

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    at therapy
    hand2.jpg

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Aw, buddy. My thoughts are with you - as well as my hopes for a very speedy recovery!! (So how the hell are you typing? One-handed, I assume??)

Of course, the good news is that chicks dig scars. :rockwoot:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    actually i'm typing with both hands now it didnt damage much muscle and no known nerves and no tendons.

That's very fortunate to hear. :rockwoot:

Thank you for sharing your story. Out of curiosity, it looks like most of your skin was taken with the slide...what's the plan to repair it? Is there enough left that it will scar over? If so, what are the plans for scar-care to make your hand as flexible/usable as possible? This is something I've always wondered about since my knee surgery left me unable to knee-down because of sensitive scar tissue beneath my knee cap.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Get well soon.

Sheesh. I can't imagine how long that baby is going to take to heal.

I've heard of hammer-bite, but this is my first known slide-bite. Or was most of the damage from the breach?

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    `i had just left from shooting zombies at the range. At this point i don't know about the scaring other than the plastic surgeon said it will be a good one. at this point i have almost my full range of motion.

WoodWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Some moment of stupidity there, hope your hand is O.K.
    Stuck my left one in a dado saw once,I'm Still amazed how well it came out.

Top Bottom