i messed up big (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    1 year today!
    picture.php

Glad to see that you healed very well.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    but i said i may have jerked or something it is pretty obvious either bullet/muzzle flash or something tore my hand up. I was trying to stress the point to drop your mag and clear the gun! I had just had it locked back empty showing it to my wifes dad. Had 3 mags 2 empty, case only has slots for 2 so i slipped one in thinking i put the empty in. as soon as i closed the case her uncle said does it come apart easy for cleaning. i picked it up thinking it was still empty locked the slide back ,locked the slide back, didn't notice the shell. fliped the slide release and slid forward while pulling the trigger.
    Big boom to my surprise with the bullet going into the ground.
    he last!

I am not just trying to say check your gun I was reminding you to make sure to drop the mag first when checking don't think you have a empty mag. I will post this every page if needed. I wasn't debating weather it was the slide or bullet. Just trying to help others,by admitting my big mistake.

A RANGER T HOLLOWPOINT PROBABLY SHREDDED MY HAND.

Note the highlighted part. this is how you got muzzle blast. The slide was loose when you pulled the trigger so it became part of the forward motion as in the slide and bullet turned into one big bullet so you most likely caught all of the muzzle blast. im guessing the slide went flying to floor and the shell free floated for a sec. do the disasembly in slow mo with a snap cap in chamber and your will see what i mean.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom