• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok foks, what handgun stands out in your collection that makes you happiest? BA posted over on a different thread about a gun he loves, and it got me thinking (dangerous, right?) that most of us have that one gun that just simply makes us happy owning it, shooting it and even just holding it. Please post a photo of what gun makes you happiest at this point in time.

For me, here at the end of 2015, this is the gun I just love. It's a plain old Remington R1S that has been tweaked just a bit. The trigger is decent and breaks consistently at 2 1/2 lbs. I'm running a Wilson Combat match barrel and bushing in it and have fit an extended slide safety. I've also refinished the grips and checkered the front strap. By any measure, it comes up short when compared to most of my other 1911s, but for some reason, I really like shooting this one gun. In fact, I love shooting this gun. Heck, I simply love this gun.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This Springer RO. This is my first 1911 and we are still getting acquainted. I've always loved shooting them and have wanted one for myself for awhile. Stumbled upon this one used in a shop and brought her home. She's serving as my introduction to the platform and guinea pig to any mods I want to attempt. So far only mods have been sights, Harrison rear and Dawson front, VZ grips and Pearce finger groove grip. More mods to come in the future.

She's already found herself in carry duty a number of times, although I've been giving thought to a commander size for carry duty instead. This thing just makes me happy. When I hold it, shoot it, fondle it, or just prop it up and look at it.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    attachment.php

Kimber Stainless Aluminum
    Lightweight, accurate, 45 ACP
    Yup

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feels like it grew in my hand, I see the sights very well (without my normal addition of a CT Laser), trigger and reliability is second to none and it points exactly where I look.. Just doesn't get any better, at least for me.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    At this point in time as you stated it would be my hard chromed Colt Wiley Clapp government. Harrison ignition parts, Dan Wesson rear tactical ledge night sight and Dawson front tritium sight. I have quite a few accurate guns,but this one is simply amazing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok foks, what handgun stands out in your collection that makes you happiest? BA posted over on a different thread about a gun he loves, and it got me thinking (dangerous, right?) that most of us have that one gun that just simply makes us happy owning it, shooting it and even just holding it. Please post a photo of what gun makes you happiest at this point in time.

For me, here at the end of 2015, this is the gun I just love. It's a plain old Remington R1S that has been tweaked just a bit. The trigger is decent and breaks consistently at 2 1/2 lbs. I'm running a Wilson Combat match barrel and bushing in it and have fit an extended slide safety. I've also refinished the grips and checkered the front strap. By any measure, it comes up short when compared to most of my other 1911s, but for some reason, I really like shooting this one gun. In fact, I love shooting this gun. Heck, I simply love this gun.

I have the SRc1911 in commander. You ran it. It is not stock (of course not) but for a non-Springer I have a deep "Like" for it.
    It is at AllenM's as I type. I bought a 6" Clark barrel for it. I have a Clark Compensater. Allen is using his considerable skills to cut/thread/fit the comp. to the gun. Might make an interesting EDC.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    My favorite is my 1991A1 Commander. It has Houge grips, Wilson trigger, slide release, and extended beaver tail. It will drive nails with anything I feed it. Just shot it today for the first time in a year. Next to my G23, this Colt is so much more accurate. Hate to say it but I like it better than my Glock. -Jason

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's not as sexy as some and is all stock (aside from the added Magpul grips), but I love it :D

Magpul%20Grips_zpskj5nrmpf.jpg

Deviates from the true 1911 platform, has the large external extractor and heavy trigger pull, but it feels best in my hand and I'm the most accurate with it. I could run it all day, if I could afford it... lol!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Too bad my photography skills are nowhere near as nice as the rest of you folks have, but here's mine:
    Circa 1984 Marlin 39A.
    Marlin_39A.jpg

Received from my dad on my sixteenth birthday, and it's just that sort of gun.
    No, I don't carry it daily, and it would be at the very bottom of my list for home defense, but it's a real beauty and a true Americal classic in every sense of the term.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have quite a few pistols but one of my oldest is still my favorite by far, my trusty Kimber Ultra CDP II. Every time I go to the range it is always in the bag and always gets the most range time.

Top Bottom