• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's another gun that I love to shoot. This one's a CZ 75 (pre-B). Several years back, these could be bought all day long for less than $300 in rough shape. They were ex-Czech police turn in pistols and they were not pretty. I decided to buy a pair to refinish them for my son's as a Christmas present. When I got the pair, one was much rougher than the other and I was not sure I would ever be able to make it right. I could have sent it back, but decided to keep it as a project gun (at best) or parts gun (worst case). I ordered a third and then rebuilt them and had them done by Christmas. The following spring, I started to work on this one. It was rough enough that I could not even remove the barrel from the slide due to a big ding in the crown. With some love, it turned out to be quite the shooter. I dressed the ding in the crown and replaced all springs. The barrel actually was in great shape. The result is a pistol that I love shooting. It fits my hand better than most other guns and just continues to perform very well. It still retains most of the stock components inside, but will eventually get Cajunized. Even as is, it's a really nice shooter.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I love my springer loaded. I shoot it well, it's a pretty gun and all. But the one that always makes me smile and shake my head? The Taurus 24/7 compact. Almost sold this thing a half dozen times but I'm glad I didn't. Waste everything you feed it, always goes bang, is small and light and carries a lot of punch. In fact if I can find a couple more mags I will likely bring it out to another fns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. There's lots of inspiration to draw from on this site.

BA, after seeing the picture of 'The Beast', I kind of wish I had left it in it's original condition. There's no going back now though.

jhelm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 4, 2015
    Washington
    For me it's my sig sauer m11a1. I have several different types of handguns but my sigs are the most comfortable for my hand. Good thing they are such good quality and super accurate. Again...this is just my opinion.

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    All of those guns are beautiful. I would love to add a 1911 to my collection someday. They are a very classic gun. My favorite in my collection would have to by my Smith and Wesson shield. I got it a few years ago to carry, and it has treated me very well. It is a blast to shoot, plus I have added some color to the engraving to make it stand out a little. Thanks for the thread.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    All of those guns are beautiful. I would love to add a 1911 to my collection someday. They are a very classic gun. My favorite in my collection would have to by my Smith and Wesson shield. I got it a few years ago to carry, and it has treated me very well. It is a blast to shoot, plus I have added some color to the engraving to make it stand out a little. Thanks for the thread.

If you're interested in meeting at a range in Greenwood sometime, I'd be happy to let you shoot one of my 1911's. I'll tell you up front though, once you shoot .45 you'll have a hard time going back to anything else :)

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If you're interested in meeting at a range in Greenwood sometime, I'd be happy to let you shoot one of my 1911's. I'll tell you up front though, once you shoot .45 you'll have a hard time going back to anything else :)

I'll take you up on that! Never shot a 1911 and never even really thought about one until I got to fondle a beautiful gun in AllenM's shop a few months ago that he was working on. Just handling that gun set in stone the idea that I would own one someday.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'll take you up on that! Never shot a 1911 and never even really thought about one until I got to fondle a beautiful gun in AllenM's shop a few months ago that he was working on. Just handling that gun set in stone the idea that I would own one someday.

Sounds good. We'll need to hit PB in Greenwood together. :)

Top Bottom