• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2015
    Cincy
    This is on my nightstand. My comped Hi-Point with hi-cap clip. I love this gun. I trust my life with it and it will take yours!
    100_3064.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This Springer RO. This is my first 1911 and we are still getting acquainted. I've always loved shooting them and have wanted one for myself for awhile. Stumbled upon this one used in a shop and brought her home. She's serving as my introduction to the platform and guinea pig to any mods I want to attempt. So far only mods have been sights, Harrison rear and Dawson front, VZ grips and Pearce finger groove grip. More mods to come in the future.

She's already found herself in carry duty a number of times, although I've been giving thought to a commander size for carry duty instead. This thing just makes me happy. When I hold it, shoot it, fondle it, or just prop it up and look at it.

Love the grips. How has the mag release cutout worked for you? I'm toying with picking another set up this fall and am on the fence about the mag release cutout.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Love the grips. How has the mag release cutout worked for you? I'm toying with picking another set up this fall and am on the fence about the mag release cutout.
    I love it. No longer have to shift my hand to hit the release. I went with the slim lines in an effort to stay slim as I transform this into a carry gun. So far I really like them. Had to get the shorter bushing and shave off my factory grip screws a little bit as they were a little long and the mag wouldn't insert.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Plastic has its place, but it's not in here. They are tools, some nicer than others, but anything plastic I own I would gladly get rid of in favor of something metal. I'm down to only one plastic gun and it's a sweetheart, p09....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Oddly, the least expensive gun that I own: an H&R 949 9-shot .22 revolver. Whenever I go to the range, I take multiple firearms, but this one is guaranteed to go on every trip. Just too enjoyable to leave behind.

pNwPxrc.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oddly, the least expensive gun that I own: an H&R 949 9-shot .22 revolver. Whenever I go to the range, I take multiple firearms, but this one is guaranteed to go on every trip. Just too enjoyable to leave behind.

pNwPxrc.jpg

Nice Pudly. These are the types of guns this threads about. No matter if it's expensive or inexpensive, it's the gun you just love to take to the range, shoot or simply fondle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Plastic has its place, but it's not in here. They are tools, some nicer than others, but anything plastic I own I would gladly get rid of in favor of something metal. I'm down to only one plastic gun and it's a sweetheart, p09....

P07 Duty suppressor host. It has a purpose and not EDC/Range.
    Only Revel gun I own.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom