Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This is all going to give a bad impression to any prospective members. We can expect nothing but runners if we keep this up. Please stop.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Do moderators ever admit mistakes (e.g. undo bans made after misinterpreting someone's post) around here?

I've seen it one time where a mod got into an argument, banned a member for name calling, issued an apology, and let the member ride out his ban.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Censors gonna censor. I came here to discuss topics of import that were vital to my interests, often in a humorous way, and to learn from people - even people with whom I disagree - and there are plenty of people here with whom I disagree and who vehemently disagree with me. However, my fundamental philosophy of open minds and open markets is obviously not welcome and thus neither am I - nor would it seem is anyone else who champions either. "I swear that by my life and my love of it, I will never live for the sake of another man - nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine." Not that anyone cares, but just as general information, I am going Galt, to return only if the moderation here regains a semblance of balance and fairness to it. If that means tomorrow, excellent. If that means never, so be it.

Good luck to those who feel like figuring out how to abide within the 'rules'. Godspeed to all who deserve good tidings.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    ba79f1d4a0615167c3ad6db6fe1134b6bd1e6549.jpg

Attachments

• drama_llama_retires_by_panda_chan164-d5obrf6.jpg
      drama_llama_retires_by_panda_chan164-d5obrf6.jpg
      152.6 KB · Views: 6

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I really want to post a lengthy comments in here to share what I see about this whole situation as a non-frequent poster, but I honestly can't put it into a good phrase.

I'll just say this, I hope this whole situation works out in the end. I'd hate to see one of my favorite websites (if not the favorite) go down the ****ter because some may, OR MAY NOT, have gone on a power trip.

Guys, I was a mod and an Admin for years on, what at the time, was the biggest gaming server/and website for my favorite computer game. It's hard, and if you've never been in a position where you can just ban someone at the click of a button, then you don't understand. Having that ability, well, it's special. It truly is hard to find people who will remain neutral.

Will there be mistakes? Oh, you bet yeah. Will someone get banned for something silly? At least a million times. The key is accountability. Admit your mistakes and undo them. THAT'S the sign of a good moderator. Everyone lets power go to their head in some way. I've been there, I know how hard it is.

I also know, everything always works out. Even if a bridge is burned, it can always be rebuilt. It will just take time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Censors gonna censor. I came here to discuss topics of import that were vital to my interests, often in a humorous way, and to learn from people - even people with whom I disagree - and there are plenty of people here with whom I disagree and who vehemently disagree with me. However, my fundamental philosophy of open minds and open markets is obviously not welcome and thus neither am I - nor would it seem is anyone else who champions either. "I swear that by my life and my love of it, I will never live for the sake of another man - nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine." Not that anyone cares, but just as general information, I am going Galt, to return only if the moderation here regains a semblance of balance and fairness to it. If that means tomorrow, excellent. If that means never, so be it.

Good luck to those who feel like figuring out how to abide within the 'rules'. Godspeed to all who deserve good tidings.

See ya, HR. I hope things work out that you come back soon. Until then, I wish you the best. Doing some soul searching of my own...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/241475-im-leaving-because-___________-thread.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/360571-fun-while-lasted.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/361926-i-think-time-leave-ingo.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-floor-length-urinals-i-bid-you-farewell.html

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Are you pointing out how common it is for people to be leaving these days, or are you trying to play it down? If I left, I'd certainly leave a message. Probably not a new thread, but a message in some thread.

People leaving because of inconsistent or disagreeable moderator actions should have a light shone on it, rather than passed off as "just another one".

Otherwise, when will moderators realize their inconsistent and disagreeable actions have repercussions and consequences?

A few leave here and there, INGO won't give a crap.

More and more leave, they might start to think "Hey, maybe we're the problem."

---

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Are you pointing out how common it is for people to be leaving these days, or are you trying to play it down? If I left, I'd certainly leave a message. Probably not a new thread, but a message in some thread.

People leaving because of inconsistent or disagreeable moderator actions should have a light shone on it, rather than passed off as "just another one".

Otherwise, when will moderators realize their inconsistent and disagreeable actions have repercussions and consequences?

I'm going to go with mocking condescension.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I always find it interesting to see who are all talk and who are not. There always seems to be a lot more threats than actions.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    In those behind the scenes discussions that often occur, the following has been brought up as a salient point to the current happenings.

Those of us who love INGO for all that it offers, don't want our friends (and maybe not even our nemeses) jumping ship. What we want is a ship to be steered by a fair crew.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Jetgirl is banned until 10/24 Then I'm out until 10/24 too. I was in a situation once where I was invited to a meeting only to have someone throw a fit and tell me (and my wife and baby) to leave. I expected the people I considered "friends" who were the other ones present during the meeting to stand with me and instead they watched me leave and continued on. That's not happening here Jetgirl.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Jetgirl is banned until 10/24 Then I'm out until 10/24 too. I was in a situation once where I was invited to a meeting only to have someone throw a fit and tell me (and my wife and baby) to leave. I expected the people I considered "friends" who were the other ones present during the meeting to stand with me and instead they watched me leave and continued on. That's not happening here Jetgirl.

Another one...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Ad space is sold by traffic. When this forum was new, status updates weren't allowed but are now. Not only do we have a continuous status update thread, many more devolve to it. Unless the ad dollars stop flowing, nothing will change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom