GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is all very unfortunate. I am sorry it turned out this way. Not the mod I would want to step down. Que you're a very good man who, like all of us, occasionally makes a misstep. I hope you reconsider. If not, I thank you for the countless hours you have undoubtedly contributed to this forum. I look forward to seeing you in person again. I also hope you will still be a frequent contributor here.

I agree.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks for all the support. Wow, my phone was blowing up...text messages, emails, facebookers, you name it!
    I can't believe the signature lines and some avatars...THANK you. All of you.
    After all the "I agree" PMs and rep comments, I didn't understand why no one else was speaking up, but if it took me getting banned (even a temp one) to bring things into the light, then I'd have taken every minute of it even though I felt it unjust.
    Right is right. And wrong is wrong. And you people are some of the best this floating rock has to offer!

As far as the ship jumpers...don't do it! YOU are the exact people this place needs! Checks and balances and even-handedness.
    Please don't go.

88GT is right about the unanswered questions/concerns, and I'll be reading along to see those answers, too.
    She will make a great addition to the mod squad if they take her up on her offer. "Just the fact's ma'am! Just the facts!"

I'm glad it was seen as "fitting" to lift my ban, and for that I will say "thank you". I hope that the actual reason will be brought to my attention so I won't repeat it, as I know it wasn't for swearing, personal attacks, or skirting the rules...but I don't know what it actually was for. The only thing stated as a "reason for ban" was; "You can choose to come back or not. It's up to you."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Glad this is getting sorted. Inquiring minds are wanting to know.

Bill of Rights said it best, and I think it should be a rule across the board.

He won't moderate in a discussion he is taking part of. I've never seen him do that in all the years I've been here.

Edit: not to leave any other mod out, this may be their policy as well but I just remember reading what BoR wrote on the matter.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

He won't moderate in a discussion he is taking part of. I've never seen him do that in all the years I've been here.

Exactly.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

He won't moderate in a discussion he is taking part of.

THAT is exactly what I'm talking about. He is very wise! That's exactly how it should work. Good on BoR!!
    Some boards even give certain moderators jurisdiction over specific areas.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Edit: not to leave any other mod out, this may be their policy as well but I just remember reading what BoR wrote on the matter.
    I was a moderator on another forum, and that was my rule too. Anything I was personally involved in I let another moderator deal with, and asked that they identify themselves so anyone reading it would know my hands were off any corrective actions.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Some boards even give certain moderators jurisdiction over specific areas.
    I do believe this would help alleviate a lot of the issues. It works well for the other forums where I've seen it employed. (It would certainly make VUPD happy not to have to mod the peanut gallery.)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Anyone who has never made a decision that they have later regretted can step to the front of the line. You can stand right beside those who have never let their emotions get the better of them. This is not a win for anyone. A good man, an imperfect man like all the rest of us, has stepped aside. This isn't a good day for INGO or for anyone involved. I am glad a wrong has been righted but I really shudder at the cost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom