Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If people can have Bible quotes in their signatures, which blatantly defies forum rules, then we should be able to say whatever the **** we want to in our signatures.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm with you 88GT. It's been awhile, but I might have to volunteer myself.

Then in a few months, I'll remember why I stopped moderating forums...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It seems that dissent of any kind is no longer allowed.

Ahh come on, you guys know the drill. It's been how many months since I've been a Mod and now I'm seeing the same stuff put up by the same characters.

Of course you can't come to INGO to ***** about INGO. That's like eating at my table and then complaining about my wife's cooking. Not gonna fly. Good news is, there are plenty of other places on the net to go complain. But it appears no one wants to go hang out at those places.

I don't know who's right or who's wrong in this particular case, but I do know that whining about it here does no good.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Wait a minute! My grandmother was 100% Cherokee Indian! That's it, they hate people who's grandmothers were 100% American Indians!! First you take my land, now you take my threads!!
    Time to go into my wife's make up box and put on the war paint!! And maybe her pumps!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I currently run another forum, and I have modded several forums and email listservs. But I think the mod situation is ****ed up from the top down, and I don't think that support from the top would be consistent.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    but I do know that whining about it here does no good.
    Speak for yourself, whining gives everyone something to do, and gives me something to read! When these threads start, content in the others slows to a halt, so these threads are the only new content!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ahh come on, you guys know the drill. It's been how many months since I've been a Mod and now I'm seeing the same stuff put up by the same characters.

Of course you can't come to INGO to ***** about INGO. That's like eating at my table and then complaining about my wife's cooking. Not gonna fly. Good news is, there are plenty of other places on the net to go complain. But it appears no one wants to go hang out at those places.

I don't know who's right or who's wrong in this particular case, but I do know that whining about it here does no good.

Thanks for that. I will consider your advice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

That's not really the correct analogy. One of the cooks invited a person in and gave them "free reign". Then, for reason(s) still unknown, the cook (or one of the other cooks in the kitchen) threw that person out of the house when she took advantage of the cook's offer.

ETA: I would offer another perspective on the complaints--if your product begins to fail to meet your customers' expectations, I would at least look at the complaints and consider if it's time to make some corrections to keep my customers happy.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    When elected mod supreme, I promise to handle all things impartially and only take action when rules are broken!

#mbills2223ForModerator

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's not really the correct analogy. One of the cooks invited a person in and gave them "free reign". Then, for reason(s) still unknown, the cook (or one of the other cooks in the kitchen) threw that person out of the house when she took advantage of the cook's offer.

Bingo. Maybe a "free reign" campaign should take place. Hashtag Free Reign... or "What does Free Reign mean to you?" bumper stickers, and put it in signatures.

Ah, I'm sure a diligent mod is working up a response now. Either it'll be well-spoken of the BOR variety, or insulting and "petulant".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom