• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I do believe this would help alleviate a lot of the issues. It works well for the other forums where I've seen it employed. (It would certainly make VUPD happy not to have to mod the peanut gallery.)
    I don't know if it done on this site, but others had Moderators record bans, deleted posts, etc. as a way of ensuring accountability

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Bravo to Que for having the fortitude to reexamine his original decision objectively. Such things take well-worn character.

Modding INGO is incredibly rewarding, but it also slowly eats at your soul. I can relate. I hope his absence doesn't create a vacuum wherein we get more even more noise and increasingly less signal.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Thanks for all the support. Wow, my phone was blowing up...text messages, emails, facebookers, you name it!
    I can't believe the signature lines and some avatars...THANK you. All of you.
    After all the "I agree" PMs and rep comments, I didn't understand why no one else was speaking up, but if it took me getting banned (even a temp one) to bring things into the light, then I'd have taken every minute of it even though I felt it unjust.
    Right is right. And wrong is wrong. And you people are some of the best this floating rock has to offer!

As far as the ship jumpers...don't do it! YOU are the exact people this place needs! Checks and balances and even-handedness.
    Please don't go.

88GT is right about the unanswered questions/concerns, and I'll be reading along to see those answers, too.
    She will make a great addition to the mod squad if they take her up on her offer. "Just the fact's ma'am! Just the facts!"

I'm glad it was seen as "fitting" to lift my ban, and for that I will say "thank you". I hope that the actual reason will be brought to my attention so I won't repeat it, as I know it wasn't for swearing, personal attacks, or skirting the rules...but I don't know what it actually was for. The only thing stated as a "reason for ban" was; "You can choose to come back or not. It's up to you."
    So, , if I like my monkey avatar I can keep my monkey avatar?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bravo to Que for having the fortitude to reexamine his original decision objectively. Such things take well-worn character.

Modding INGO is incredibly rewarding, but it also slowly eats at your soul. I can relate. I hope his absence doesn't create a vacuum wherein we get more noise and increasingly less signal.

I applaud you both for having done the job well.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I applaud you both for having done the job well.

Thank you. I'm not one to require a pat on the back every single day, but it sure would've been nice to hear such sentiment for every 1,000 negative things said about INGO, our work, our decisions, our character, etc.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What if he makes it blue for a boy? :D

Wayyyy back in the day, in late '08 or so... that avatar was so linked to me, whenever a n00b would join and use it, I'd get TONS of PMs with people saying "Are you aware??? You need to put a stop to that!" LOL...like I owned it.
    The one I use now was actually done up for me by Jay when he used to post here. He had somebody shop out the Glock for a CDP. I'm the one that made the shirt purple and I put "Molon Labe" on it. Any time you see my actual avatar anywhere else, that's the only one that really was "mine" if there is such a thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, , if I like my monkey avatar I can keep my monkey avatar?

If you're looking for a new avatar, might I suggest this:

img_7361-version-2.jpg

or maybe this:

dirty-sock.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom