• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Openstates.org had senate sponsors as Young and Yoder.

Feb 12, 2013 House Senate sponsors: Senators Yoder and R. Young

HB 1563 - Indiana 2013 Regular Session - Open States
    I was talking about SB0199 that was the original Senate bill... all the copies I'm finding don't list any sponsors:dunno:

Either way, that one is pretty much dead and the HB is the one being worked. I'm positive that Steele is 100% supportive of this bill.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Referred to Senate committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources... lets call the committee members.

Brent Steele is one of the co-sponsors of the senate version of this bill I think. The others I don't know.

Steele is as hardcore a Second Amendment supporter as you'll ever meet. Heck, if it were up to him, you'd be able to buy machineguns at Wal-Mart. :D

Seeing as how you are from my hometown, you probably already know that. ;)

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    You think we could get him to run for president then? Just once I would like to see a president that isn't anti 2A and might actually try to restore our rights, a first dog that is a hunting dog not some yuppy pup and a range installed on the White House lawn.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Yes, there was a bill introduced last year. Obviously it never passed. I don't know if it was due to lack of support or time.

Interesting. I don't agree with all of his political positions, but it seems like he is a legitimate second amendment supporter.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    According to NRA-ILA alerts email I received yesterday the Senate Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources will hear the bill on Monday. Contact the committee members asap to let them know you what this bill passed out of committee for a full senate vote.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    According to NRA-ILA alerts email I received yesterday the Senate Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources will hear the bill on Monday. Contact the committee members asap to let them know you what this bill passed out of committee for a full senate vote.

Well hopefully with it being in Yoder's committee and he's one of the senate sponsors he will be able to get it out with a do pass recommendation.

I will write him again!

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Just got this!!

Indiana: Pro-Hunting Reform Bill Advances Out of Senate Committee

Today, the Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee unanimously passed*House Bill 1563, legislation*that*would repeal Indiana’s current prohibition on the use of a suppressor while hunting.*In addition to this pro-hunting provision, an amendment was introduced in committee by state Senator Jim Tomes (R-49) that would strengthen Indiana’s shooting range protection law.* HB 1563, sponsored by state Representative Sean Eberhart (R-57) and state Senators Carlin Yoder (R-12) and Richard Young (D-47),*now goes to the Senate floor for consideration.
    Currently, more than half of the states allow hunters to use suppressors while hunting.* There are numerous benefits to hunting with suppressed firearms, including:
    Increased use of suppressors will help to eliminate noise complaints that are frequently an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country.* This will protect hunting areas well into the future.
    Using a suppressor while hunting will reduce recoil and muzzle rise to help increase the accuracy of hunters.* More accurate shooting in the field means fewer wounded and lost animals--a good thing for hunters and wildlife.
    While suppressors do not eliminate the sound of a firearm, they do reduce the muzzle report in a manner similar to the way that a muffler reduces exhaust noise from a vehicle.* Suppressors simply help to protect against hearing loss.
    Recently, Arizona,*Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming adopted new rules allowing for the use of suppressors when hunting game.**It’s time that hunters in Indiana are able to enjoy the same opportunities available to sportsmen in more than half of the country.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ***Posting as a Director of the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association***

Spoke with ISRPA's chief lobbyist at the Indy1500 gun show in Indianapolis Saturday, while the probability of passage is very high we believe, we ask all INGO members to please call their state Senator to urge passage of House Bill 1563 now that it is out of committee.

As well, if your state senator is on the Agriculture and Natural Resource Committee please call and thank them for his or her vote.

If you do not know who your state senator is, please click here (click on the state tab on the right):

External link from the www.IN.gov Web Site

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    :scratch:

I think it just needs to pass the Senate, House, and be signed by Gov. Pence. I don't think it needs put on the ballot

Yeah, I think I'm confusing this one with the "right to hunt, fish, ranch, farm" bill that Brent Steele went on Cam Edwards show and talked about. That one is a CA and it has to be voted after it passes through the upper and lower houses twice.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/1...m-constitutional-amemndment-bid-advances.html

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Indiana_Right_to_Hunt_and_Fish_Amendment_(2014)

Last edited:

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    I for one will be making that call in the morning.
    Can't see the sights without glasses, can't see the target with glasses.
    Can't hear game with hearing protection, can't hear the wife if I don't wear hearing protection. Wait just a moment, I would lose that excuse.

Top Bottom