• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Calling tomorrow too. Would be nice if they could get a decent caliber approved for hunting like the 300 blackout. If they were to reduce diameter requirement to 30 cal it would be nice. a 300 blackout through a suppressor would be a nice combination. Good short range power, quiet, and almost no recoil. I guess one step at a time.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Caliber is controlled by the DNR, correct? If we can demonstrate that suppressors are beneficial to hunting, and 300 BLK would make more people use suppressors, maybe we would have a shot at getting it changed.

I don't hunt, but this is a good step. I'm going to be making some phone calls tomorrow!

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Just seen a friend posted on facebook that suppressor hunting officially legal. I'm pretty sure its not official yet, but wanted to check before saying anything.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Like I said before, I dont hunt, so I dont really know how to properly pursue this, nor do I have any real personal interest in pursuing it, other than making suppressors more common. Does it seem logical that by passing hunting with suppressors that we could get the IDNR to open up calibers that are common with suppressors, or is there just no chance of that happening?

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't see them lowering threshold to 30 cal bullet as this opens up too many high speed guns.

Here is another idea, mount your 300 blackout on pistol lower, anything over 243 cal? is then kosher. If I end up selling my 458 socom I'm considering doing this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like I said before, I dont hunt, so I dont really know how to properly pursue this, nor do I have any real personal interest in pursuing it, other than making suppressors more common. Does it seem logical that by passing hunting with suppressors that we could get the IDNR to open up calibers that are common with
    suppressors, or is there just no chance of that happening?

I don't hunt either, but I'll back up hunters in their fight and I expect them to back me up in my fight (AWB/30mags).

But, I would like to get a can for squirrel hunting. :)

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep, I'm there with you. I own suppressors but don't hunt.. Squirrel might be my gateway to hunting with a suppressor. But mostly I'm behind the legislation because I see no reason to restrict suppressor use.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't see them lowering threshold to 30 cal bullet as this opens up too many high speed guns.

Here is another idea, mount your 300 blackout on pistol lower, anything over 243 cal? is then kosher. If I end up selling my 458 socom I'm considering doing this.

Like you said, anything over .243 in a pistol platform. I have a Savage Striker bolt action pistol with a 10" barrel and chambered in .308 Winchester. It's also already threaded.:D
    I'm just praying they pass this, and then again that I can assemble the funds, find the can, and jump through all the hoops in time for this years deer season.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I called the Legislative Information Center this morning and they told me that they did not hear it yesterday. The new schedule will not be out until Monday.

This means more time to contact your Senator!

terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Just got this email -

Tomorrow, House Bill 1563 is expected to receive its third and final reading on the floor of the Indiana Senate. Sponsored by state Representative Sean Eberhart (R-57) and state Senators Carlin Yoder (R-12) and Richard Young (D-47), HB 1563 would repeal Indiana’s current prohibition on the use of a suppressor while hunting. In addition to this pro-hunting provision, an amendment was introduced last week in the Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee by state Senator Jim Tomes (R-49) that would strengthen Indiana’s shooting range protection law. Please contact your state Senator IMMEDIATELY and respectfully urge him or her to support HB 1563.

Top Bottom