Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Defense attorney established Hunter drove Joes Cadillac the day he bought the gun. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It has nothing to do with it.
    But since the defense has nothing, he can only wildly flail

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Defense attorney established Hunter drove Joes Cadillac the day he bought the gun. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Great. Charge Joe with being an accessory. They'd try that with Trump.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The judge in Hunter's trial has ruled that the prosecution cannot use some salacious evidence in the proceedings, including references to his U.S. Navy discharge and the child support case for his out-of-wedlock daughter in Arkansas.

Another thing for "Dems only".
    Stormy had a whole day, not one thing said was about the charges

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The judge in Hunter's trial has ruled that the prosecution cannot use some salacious evidence in the proceedings, including references to his U.S. Navy discharge and the child support case for his out-of-wedlock daughter in Arkansas.

Another thing for "Dems only".
    Stormy had a whole day, not one thing said was about the charges
    And the dismissal from the Navy shows a history of drug abuse. I mean got a direct-commission as a Public Affairs Officer (How does that work? Oh yeah!) and popped positive for cocaine.

I guess bringing up he got kicked out of an LA sex club after one day for being too freaky is off the table too? How freaky you gotta be to get kicked out of an LA sex club??!! Ozzie got fired from Black Sabbath for drug use. Mick Fleetwood was fired from the Blues Breakers for drinking so much. I guess it can happen.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    And the dismissal from the Navy shows a history of drug abuse. I mean got a direct-commission as a Public Affairs Officer (How does that work? Oh yeah!) and popped positive for cocaine.

I guess bringing up he got kicked out of an LA sex club after one day for being too freaky is off the table too? How freaky you gotta be to get kicked out of an LA sex club??!! Ozzie got fired from Black Sabbath for drug use. Mick Fleetwood was fired from the Blues Breakers for drinking so much. I guess it can happen.
    His Navy career lasted all of about 90 days. The SecNav and CNO appointed him to the USNR officer billet because they were strong-armed into it. (He wasn't a "Line Officer" either, a status unique to the Navy). Required a waiver due to his prior drug use and they knew he was a drug addict. All they needed was a failed drug test and daddy couldn't prevent him from being summarily cashiered. Knowing how such things are sometimes done within the military to make offramps for someone with high level connections that won't rock the bureaucratic boat much, I'd say it was a brilliant strategy. Satisfied daddy's demand and then gave him the Big Boot in a manner daddy couldn't block or contest. Navy definitely didn't want him.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    So you've abandoned the 2A absolutist position?
    Do I have that correct? The NFA was signed by FDR... so all these years, you've only been a 2A Absolutist for Republicans?
    So long as the law is on the books and SCOTUS hasn't struck it down, I expect him to be convicted and imprisoned just like everyone else. If and when SCOTUS declares it unconstitutional, Hunter can then petition for his conviction to be overturned, getting in line with everyone else who will also file similar petitions.

If he didn't like the law, he should have filed a civil lawsuit to have the "drug use/addiction" portion of the 4473 and "Prohibited Person" portion of the Federal Law on which it's based overturned as Unconstitutional. One violates a law they consider unconstitutional at their own peril and should realize it may take many years to get free again while the constitutionality challenge winds its way through the courts. That doesn't undo a Felony Perjury Conviction as a separate charge. Perjury is still Perjury. Nobody forced him to buy the revolver. Nobody forced him to lie and commit Felony Perjury on the 4473 in order to do so.

DOJ has repeatedly tried to argue in the past that citizens must violate the law, be arrested, tried, and convicted to have standing on constitutional challenges to a law. The Federal Courts have repeatedly told DOJ to go pound sand when they pull that "Lack of Standing" tactic.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So you've abandoned the 2A absolutist position?
    Do I have that correct? The NFA was signed by FDR... so all these years, you've only been a 2A Absolutist for Republicans?
    Your "2A absolutist position" does not exempt you from being prosecuted by them.

The dustbin of history is littered with people who thought themselves too proud and too virtuous to use their enemy's weapons to win.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville

The caddy was full of classified documents that Hunter was delivering to some Chinese guy.
    Hunter was scared and bought a gun!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    DOJ has repeatedly tried to argue in the past that citizens must violate the law, be arrested, tried, and convicted to have standing on constitutional challenges to a law. The Federal Courts have repeatedly told DOJ to go pound sand when they pull that "Lack of Standing" tactic.
    Eh…
    The Texas suppressor case for the individual plaintiffs was dismissed on almost exactly this.

The individual plaintiffs argued they had standing because they wished to build suppressors of parts sourced entirely in Texas without getting a tax stamp, but if they did so the Feds would (unconstitutionally) prosecute them.

The federal judge said since they hadn’t actually built a suppressor yet they were not in jeopardy of prosecution so they had no standing. The fact that others had been prosecuted for building unlicensed suppressors was not enough; as long as they hadn’t actually tried to build a “Texas suppressor” their fear of prosecution was only “imaginative and speculative” and that does not warrant standing.

There was more to the case, but on this issue, no prosecution, no concrete harm, no standing.

Texas AG appealed this, it’s been argued, no appellate decision yet.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    … (He wasn't a "Line Officer" either, a status unique to the Navy).
    Eh … about uniqueness..

I dunno about Hunter, but I was by definition a line officer in the USAF. Specifically I was commissioned into the “Line of the Air Force,” versus the
    the Medical Corps, Judge Advocate Corps, Chaplains, Dental Corps, etc. I competed for promotion and some assignments against every other line officer including pilots, missileers (“coneheads”), navigators, logisticians, maintenance, and a bunch of others.

As I understand their system, the Navy handles their line officers somewhat differently in the details, but essentially the concept is the same. Maybe Hunter was a Restricted Line Officer or Limited Duty Officer? (no command at sea for either).

I believe the Marine Corps considers all their officers as line officers, even if they’re JAGs. Coast Guard also.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Eh … about uniqueness..

I dunno about Hunter, but I was by definition a line officer in the USAF. Specifically I was commissioned into the “Line of the Air Force,” versus the
    the Medical Corps, Judge Advocate Corps, Chaplains, Dental Corps, etc. I competed for promotion and some assignments against every other line officer including pilots, missileers (“coneheads”), navigators, logisticians, maintenance, and a bunch of others.

As I understand their system, the Navy handles their line officers somewhat differently in the details, but essentially the concept is the same. Maybe Hunter was a Restricted Line Officer or Limited Duty Officer? (no command at sea for either).

I believe the Marine Corps considers all their officers as line officers, even if they’re JAGs. Coast Guard also.
    I believe he was an LDO.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom