How would you like to be treated by law-enforcement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    funny-hen-chicken-300x300.jpg

:D
    Close enough :laugh:

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    I would like to be left alone. MWAG call or not there is no reason to ask for a LTCH just because I'm OC.
    If I called and reported a guy driving a car down main street would they go pull him over for doing nothing illegal because I called to report it? No they wouldnt . So I shouldn't be bothered either.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    LAPD is the only department that was known for having that on the cars. IPD pre-merge had "police-community partnership."

I will do everything in my power to help those that need it and to protect those that cannot protect themselves. I will not however, be treated like you own me because your meager tax contribution "pays my salary."

You might want to check your own agency's website...right there in the middle of the screen no less.

"
    Mission Statement
    We are dedicated to upholding the highest professional standards while serving the community in which we work and live. We are committed to the enforcement of laws to protect life and property, while also respecting individual rights, human dignity, and community values. We are committed to creating and maintaining active police/community partnerships and assisting citizens in identifying and solving problems to improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods. "
    IMPD Home Page

:n00b:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So then you assert that if the pay, privilege and authority stopped, that they would still keep doing it? If that's the case, I just solved our deficit problem.

There are many people who do it for free. Those people have jobs where they make way more money but like the idea of helping people (IMPD has several lawyers, doctors and folks that make 6 digit salaries that work as reserves). Unfortunately you won't find many people willing to work 1:30p-10P after 6 days a week after having gone to court from 8am to 12 noon followed by getting called out at night for SWAT, EOD, ERG, negotiators, detective work, FACT, etc etc etc. There isn't enough time left over to work a regular job. Unfortunately there aren't enough people that make good money willing to do the job for free in their spare time and do you really want the detective that works your burglary case to work 1 week a month?

As most of the folks who constantly post negatively about cops do, you mentioned a story that i'd like you to expand upon. Most have a traumatic event that has fostered mistrust and/or outright hate. You story involves a fireman neighbor and his cop friends messing with you and i'd like to know more as you left the details out. Another member who only posted about cops enjoys the drinky drinky a little too much which results in his frequent repeated arrests...and that was the cop's fault. Another has an attractive sister that has slept with many cops and that makes him very angry.

Actually practice and history says differently.

It is a fact that certain members of society receive their own version of "justice".

Poor minority kid goes missing, you may never hear about it (unless some advocacy group gets a hold of it). Rich or upper middle class white girl goes missing - national news, for years.

The average citizen gets screwed over by the IRS - nothing. Some politician gets screwed by accident by them and it's congressional hearings.

Poor average joe gets harassed and possibly falsely charged by police. Lucky if he gets a plea deal if not thrown in jail till years later dna evidence (if he's lucky) gets him out.

Try that crap with Bill Gates and you'll be lucky to even have a job.

Fact of life.

And yet none of what you mentioned has anything to do with the police..."poor minority kid goes missing" gets the same treatment as "rich white kid didn't come home last night". The fact that YOU didn't get to hear about it doesn't change how the police operate. The police care, the news doesn't. All the police know is a kid is missing, they don't care about their socio-economic status.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    OMFG! Every dime of that paycheck was collected as taxes before it was given to you. If you take the NET amount of the paycheck, that is ALL you made. The gross is completely irrelevant due to the fact that it IS taxes. You RECEIVE taxes as a salary therefore you cannot contribute to the tax coffers but rather deduct from them. Let's say for example that everyone collects a paycheck from the government and has a portion taken out under the pretense of being "taxes". Now, how long will this go on before the coffers are empty since everyone is "paying taxes"? This is like 4th grade math for Christs sake. Why don't public servants understand money or where it comes from? How they got it? Or MATH? Could it be this? Court Oks Barring High IQs For Police - Labor Relations Information System

Here, I'll try to explain it another way. Let's pretend there is one big central "bank account". Now let's pretend every time someone that isn't a public servant gets a paycheck, they deposit a portion of it into the central account. Now let's pretend that every public employee (we'll call them that for the sake of this scenario since you have such difficulty with the word servant) goes to the central account and fills out a withdrawal slip each pay period. When he/she goes to the counter with their withdrawal slip in the amount of what they were told they could take out, the banker then tells them he'll have to give them a smaller amount instead. Which amount was the public employees earnings, the one he put on the withdrawal slip or the amount he actually got from the account? Now let's pretend everyone makes withdrawals and no one makes deposits any longer (everyone works for the government now in this part). Will the account eventually be empty even though each individual took out less than he was told he could at the bankers insistence?

I DISAGREE with this, 100%... I recieved a paycheck, for 4 years, on AD USMC, and 22 years, for INARNG, and I DID pay FED., State, FICA, county, and local taxes on all of it !!!!! I filed a 1040 form, and a state form, just like ANY other taxpayer .....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hard to talk to a training officer about how things should be done under the law when they are calling the license in question a "permit.".

I'm sorry. Of all the crap in this thread, this one bothers me the most. It's the same. damn. thing. THere is no functional difference.

Yes, accounting gimmicks. I'm trying to explain it to someone that doesn't understand the BASIC principal.

If that's your argument, then only the self-employed pay taxes. And of those, only the ones who make enough to meet the threshold income level for quarterly payments. Very few people actually make a physical payment to .gov for satisfying their tax obligation.

Saying that Frank doesn't pay taxes because his salary is paid from the taxes is wrong.

A steward or retainer is a servant with vast power and authority representing his master's best interests. They are given deference by the public and it is understood when they speak they are speaking in the voice of the master.

I keep thinking of Joseph.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You might want to check your own agency's website...right there in the middle of the screen no less.

"
    Mission Statement
    We are dedicated to upholding the highest professional standards while serving the community in which we work and live. We are committed to the enforcement of laws to protect life and property, while also respecting individual rights, human dignity, and community values. We are committed to creating and maintaining active police/community partnerships and assisting citizens in identifying and solving problems to improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods. "
    IMPD Home Page

Where does it say he has to be willing to be treated like some *******'s *****?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I DISAGREE with this, 100%... I recieved a paycheck, for 4 years, on AD USMC, and 22 years, for INARNG, and I DID pay FED., State, FICA, county, and local taxes on all of it !!!!! I filed a 1040 form, and a state form, just like ANY other taxpayer .....

But you were still paid via 100% tax dollars. The INARNG nor the USMC (which is paid by the Dept of the Navy) DOES NOT make a product and sell it for profit...aka business. The DOD Funds all (federal)military and they are funded by U.S. Federal Tax dollars. I assume INARNG is funded by Federal and IN State Tax dollars, since the INARNG doesnt make a product and sell it for profit.

Former US Navy :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    But you were still paid via 100% tax dollars. The INARNG nor the USMC (which is paid by the Dept of the Navy) DOES NOT make a product and sell it for profit...aka business. The DOD Funds all (federal)military and they are funded U.S. Federal Tax dollars. I assume INARNG is funded by Federal and IN State Tax dollars, since the INARNG doesnt make a product and sell it for profit.

Former US Navy :D

So what?

Once it's in the hands of the employee receiving it as compensation, it "reverts" back to "private" dollars. The status as "tax dollars" is gone....until it's "collected" again via withholding.

Geez. Doesn't anyone understand this BASIC principle. I would say principal, but Skinner hasn't commented yet, I don't think.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    So what?

Once it's in the hands of the employee receiving it as compensation, it "reverts" back to "private" dollars. The status as "tax dollars" is gone....until it's "collected" again via withholding.

Geez. Doesn't anyone understand this BASIC principle. I would say principal, but Skinner hasn't commented yet, I don't think.
    The fog I believe was where the paycheck money came from....it sure wasnt profit by a business....it ALL federal and/or state tax dollars.

Did you have a question?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    So what?

THANK YOU !!!!! :patriot:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Jack, you are wrong

Stating that I am wrong and actually making a logical case that I am wrong are quite two different animals. Since 98 percent of my posts were about the nature of a servant perhaps you can explain to INGO, in detail and with specifics, just where I went wrong with my understanding of the concept.

To you guys hammering Frank, Denny or anyone else willing to participate in these threads, just ****ing tone it down a notch,

Hammering? Frank has got his big boy pants on... I think he can take any discussion we are having. The nature and relationship of those who are invested with great authority such as cops are with the rest of society is an important issue that needs to be discussed.

many of these threads are these officers willing to participate in, and how many will they participate in if they are just brow beaten to death?

surely you're not suggesting that cops get a pass on any criticism of their logic and reason in their posts merely because they are cops? Plus I wasn't aware that anyone actually died in the process of this thread -- embarrassed a little, but not actually killed.

It would be like us going to that Copblock.com or whatever it is and trying to give our point of view.

INGO is an all-purpose forum open to everyone. I assume that copblock is for the posting of cops only. Quite a difference.

Damn, I feel better now

Emotional rants often do that for folk. Not much light shed but lots of "feel betters".

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY

"
    Mission Statement
    IMPD Home Page

Wow the whole IMPD homepage is printed on the side of their cars? Technology nowadays is incredible.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    And yet none of what you mentioned has anything to do with the police..."poor minority kid goes missing" gets the same treatment as "rich white kid didn't come home last night". The fact that YOU didn't get to hear about it doesn't change how the police operate. The police care, the news doesn't. All the police know is a kid is missing, they don't care about their socio-economic status.

Keeping in mind that my post was in response to your perceived sarcasm...

But wait, it says something entirely different on the internet!

... it actually does (have something to do with "police").

"Police" are not just the guys patrolling the streets. They also consist of the higher ups (and some times patrol guys wanting to move up) who in some cases are very much concerned about their careers and they do have the authority to say if a case gets more or less attention than others.

Certain cases are handled differently because of the potential for public scrutiny and/or it's usefulness in promoting certain individuals.

Having been "on the job" myself I can tell you with certainty that some people got treated differently and more often than not it had to do with their social standing and who they were connected to. Some people you knew not to "bother" and some people you knew you could get away with just about anything with.

Obviously some departments/cities/counties are worse than others.

Now as far as police caring, that is another broad assumption isn't it? While a lot of officers I know do care... I know/knew several ROD's (retired on duty) that don't/didn't care a lick for the public.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    So then you assert that if the pay, privilege and authority stopped, that they would still keep doing it? If that's the case, I just solved our deficit problem.

There are many people who do it for free. Those people have jobs where they make way more money but like the idea of helping people (IMPD has several lawyers, doctors and folks that make 6 digit salaries that work as reserves). Unfortunately you won't find many people willing to work 1:30p-10P after 6 days a week after having gone to court from 8am to 12 noon followed by getting called out at night for SWAT, EOD, ERG, negotiators, detective work, FACT, etc etc etc. There isn't enough time left over to work a regular job. Unfortunately there aren't enough people that make good money willing to do the job for free in their spare time and do you really want the detective that works your burglary case to work 1 week a month?

As most of the folks who constantly post negatively about cops do, you mentioned a story that i'd like you to expand upon. Most have a traumatic event that has fostered mistrust and/or outright hate. You story involves a fireman neighbor and his cop friends messing with you and i'd like to know more as you left the details out. Another member who only posted about cops enjoys the drinky drinky a little too much which results in his frequent repeated arrests...and that was the cop's fault. Another has an attractive sister that has slept with many cops and that makes him very angry.

Reserve officers don't receive compensation in the form of a salary however you seem to forget about the other criteria listed, privilege and authority....they seem to be more than enough for some don't they. The reserve officer program hardly qualifies in this case.

The "traumatic event" as you call it was hardly the reason I take issue with those that would violate my rights simply because they can. I and many others in society have issue with being taken advantage of by those with privilege and perceived authority. Have you ever heard anyone make the claim that "in court it is a cops word against an ordinary joes word"? Usually followed by "Who do you think the judge is going to believe?". This bull **** happens WAAAAY more than anyone would care to admit and I know from experience. I'm not going into the details here or anywhere else but I've suffered as a result of lying bastard cops in this manner my whole life, time and time again. Don't mistake what I've said, I understand there are some good guys that are police that probably aren't lying bastards, I just haven't met any yet. You just have to take my word for it, I have no positive experiences with LEOs and have no use for them. As long as they leave me alone and mind their own business, I'll leave them alone and make sure I'm none of their business. I'll even keep paying taxes so they can continue to have jobs. I take personal responsibility for my life, safety and property and suggest we should all do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom