How many ounces of pop do you drink in a day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many ounces of soda/pop do you drink in a day?

• Total voters

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I will only drink Sprite every once in a while when we go out to eat.

I drink 2 gallons of water a day, and the only caffeine I get is from 2 cups of Green Tea a day.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Zero. I quit cold turkey on Labor Day 2008.
    I was hospitalized with 3 kidney stones. My doc. says I could have 1 soda a day.
    Beer is good though....it makes you pee.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Zero. I quit cold turkey on Labor Day 2008.
    I was hospitalized with 3 kidney stones. My doc. says I could have 1 soda a day.
    Beer is good though....it makes you pee. Hooray!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I used to be addicted to diet pepsi...would go through a 24 pack about every three days....now a 24 pack lasts about a month. I try to drink more water all the time, have gotten off the caffeine almost completely....might have one cup of coffee in the morning, or I might not...more not. I find I have been sleeping better, food has a better taste, and I'm not walking around starving all the time.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I can't even remember the last time I drank pop. Knowing that it's pure crap just makes me not want it in my body or destroying my teeth.
    Like some others here, I'd rather save my drinking calories for good beer or wine. I usually start off the day with a cup or two of coffee, then drink water throughout the day, maybe some green tea, or iced sun tea if it's summer. A couple of beers or wine later on.

chasinfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    NWI
    I drink about 2 to 3 cans a week. Some food just tatses better with a coke. Fruit juice is a little better but still acidic. My wife, a hygienist says drink it if you must then drink some water to rinse some of the acid off your teeth. I would rather eat my calories. I work out to equal out what I eat, so I dont gain too much weight. That mindset has slowed my pop drinking down.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My target is 1-2 diet Mt. Dew a day, right now I'm at 3-4. It fluctuates depending on how much stress I'm under. I can do 1-2 cans a day for months then all of a sudden it bumps up and I have to work to take it back down. I do a lot of water throughout the day.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    In a week I will average a can a day - somedays none, others a couple. My brother is the soda freak, from when he first wakes up in the morning until he goes to bed at night. Sometimes 9 or 10 cans in a day.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I used to be addicted to diet pepsi...would go through a 24 pack about every three days....now a 24 pack lasts about a month. I try to drink more water all the time, have gotten off the caffeine almost completely....might have one cup of coffee in the morning, or I might not...more not. I find I have been sleeping better, food has a better taste, and I'm not walking around starving all the time.

That's what has led me to cut back on Diet Coke - cutting out the artificial sweetner. Really hasn't worked so far. Still hungry all the time. I guess I need to cut it out all together.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm down to a can a day or so. My "high" was 6-8 cans a day (96 ounces). Bad, bad, bad, in so many ways. I just can't do that to myself any longer.

I hope to drop to a can a week during the holidays. No pop at home, but we have free soda at the office. That doesn't help any!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I couldn't vote 0, since I'll occasionally have a soda, but it's effectively 0. I think the last time I had a soda was last Wednesday, maybe :dunno:. About 5 years ago, I gathered up the courage to go to the dentist after 3 years of not going. I had 2 cavities right behind my front upper teeth. The dentist immediately asked how much soda I drank, and at the time it was > 2L per day of Mountain Dew. I got the lecture, and got educated, then got serious.

I'll only drink soda if there is no other option, I have tea or water when we go out to lunch. At work, I'll drink a cup of coffee in the AM (8oz), and will most often have a hot tea in the afternoon. Occasionally, though not very often, I'll get a can of soda from the machine instead of tea.

I was well on my way to Mountain Dew Mouth, and I know several people who are there now. I'll pass, F that. Soda is bad folks, and keeping that addiction to caffeine is not good either.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I went for a span of 5 years without a single pop that didn't have Whiskey or Rum in it. Now, it's may 5-7 bottles of Mexican coke a week, but about half are mixed drinks.

Top Bottom