How many of you have actually had to draw on someone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Handed him the pizza, which is the most cumbersome to handle, feigned for my wallet, and shot him in the face. At that range it would have been a very simple motion.

lol i love it. that is exactly right. i usually keep a gun in my back pocket just for this reason. stay calm i am getting my wallet for you right now. just hold this pizza for me

also another very sold option is to throw your wallet at his feet and wait for him to bend down or stoop to pick it up

also if you have ever been in a situation like this you notice most the time they don't just stare at you they are always looking around to make sure no one is coming or that the police aren't pulling in so wait for him to glance away and then handle your business

if the subj is armed with a gun or is in close enough to get to you quickly and do serious harm, you must defend yourself imo. i had a good buddy who was robbed late night at a liquor store and he gave the guy his cell phone money and wallet the guy turned to walk away then turned back around and shot my buddy 3 times in the chest and he died, the store had it all on video and he was caught but that doesn't bring my buddy back. he did everything the liberals say to do. give him your stuff thats what he wants and hopefully he will run off and leave you alone. i kinda believe its your civic duty to make sure he can't do it again to the next guy tomorrow night

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Almost everyday lol. The first time outside of the military, way back in 2007, I was working an apartment security gig on the westside, 56th and Moller. I used to go to the Speedway right up the road on Lafayette and BS with the attendants during my breaks. Well, one night I'm in there and they got a guy from day shift on duty. Real nervous guy, kinda OCD, and he kept saying how he hated night shift because they always got robbed at his last store. The guy I knew up there was training him, and the way they used to work they only had one guy on nights. Luckily he was there to take out the trash, because no sooner had this kid stared talking about robbery, my buddy came back in and said " be cool, we're about to get robbed". I thought he was pulling the new guys leg, but just out of habit I turned to the door while dropping my hand to my holster. Just in time to see a young urban male with a shirt tied on his face like a cowboy, carrying a nickel 1911. He looked around the store saying "don't push no buttons, etc, the whole while waving his gun around. Mind you all of this is happening within about 10 seconds.... the BG's gun stops waving right in my face from about 5 feet. He stops, looks at me Mr. 6'6 250 with a badge and gun, and says " OH SH^T!" and ran out the door.
    After about two seconds of realizing my brains could have been on the floor, I radioed my boss, left my radio on the counter (rookie move, lesson learned) and gave chase. While he was running his mask fell off and I saw his face real clear. At that time I told him to drop his weapon and lay down, which didn't happen. At about 50 yards I saw a flash from his hand so I stopped and leveled my .40 at his chest as he ran around the Lee's Inn. I "cut the pie" and went around the front side just in time to see him in the back of a caddy with a urban woman driving. The car veered over the curb at me so I stepped back and emptied 16 rounds into the car as fast as I could. Cops found the car down the road, nobody inside, and two bullets about an inch apart in the headrest. Got yelled at a little by my boss, patted on the back by the cops, and offered a job by Speedway corporate, which I respectfully declined.

djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    Thats interesting I use to work at advance on 71st I think we got robbed about 4x in a year and they never did anything about it.
    The Autozone on E. 38th has a cop that works/sits up there and gets paid.
    The check cashing place got robbed and there use to be a mexican restraunt across the street that got the glass kicked in and robbed.
    I think last year someone got shot in that parking lot of lil caesars as well.

Guess that area is not as good as you would think.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I had typed up my prior experiences in a thread on the board many moons ago. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._you_ever_needed_your_handgun.html#post234165

As I stated in that post, I would be more apt to draw quicker now that I know more. There are times that indicating you have a pistol is good enough, however if indicating causes escalation, I would rather have the pistol already in my hand. Live and learn. As long as you get the live part right.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I ask because a few weeks ago I was leaving a pizza joint and fishing for my keys in my pocket when I looked up to see an urban looking fellow with a 4 inch blade pointed in my general direction. He proceeded to tell me, in an urban tone, that I had made a mistake being a color not similar to his and in his neighborhood and now I would have to pay for my mistake.(I'm sure you can interpret what he actually said)
    He then proceeded to tell me he would be confiscating my wallet, phone, and dinner. After this, I told him he could have my wallet, and reached for my back pocket, returning with my G27 that happened to be near my wallet in location. Had he not at that point turned and ran, he would probably be dead at this point, but I am not going to shoot anyone in the back(unless they happen to be unaware of my presence and attacking someone else). After this incident I went home and ate dinner. No I did not file a police report because A: I did not want my food to be cold, and B: It's not like this guy didn't look just like the other 14 people in the dollar store next to the pizza place, and I doubt even the most diligent police work would not turn up any results. I am sure, however, that this fellow will probably think twice before approaching someone like that.
    Anyway, this all got me thinking, how many people actually have drawn on someone? I'm sure it is not common, and none of my friends have ever done it, but surely others have. Anyone here?
    I know i'm a little late to reply to the OP, U should have called the police!! if you draw ur weapon CALL THE POLICE!! THE FIRST TO CALL THE POLICE HAS THE UPPER HAND!! Say this thug rounds the corner and is the first to contact the police now their looking for YOU as a person who brandish a weapon. always be the first. Another scenario, a bystander witnesses you pull ur weapon makes the call? AGAIN their gonna be lookin for you. I didnt read all post so maybe this has already been talked about.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    Snayperskaya I love your aptly worded prose. It made the story quite interesting to read... as for your question, plenty of times on duty. However while living in TX I routinely left my off duty in the center console for my wife when she used the other car. There was a rash of road rage and car jacking incidents that made me more comfortable with her having it nearby, had the scenario played out. A broad state interpretation of the Castle doctrine is nice too! Glad you're safe.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Handed him the pizza, which is the most cumbersome to handle, feigned for my wallet, and shot him in the face. At that range it would have been a very simple motion.

Yeah- even if he had a gun trained on ya he'd have been in an awkward position trying to take a pizza without dropping it while keeping his gun on you... You still risk getting shot, but it would have been the way to go.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    this happened to me..

In answer to OP's original question: Yes.

It was thirty years ago when five men entered my room. They accused my roomate and I of throwing bottle caps out our window at their car, (what an offense!) which was not true. The leader then said on several occassions that he was going to kill us both, this threat was unconditional. My roomate and I tried reasoning with this group through its leader to no avail. They had the door blocked, the room was on the third floor we could not jump out the window, the phone was blocked as it was on the desk near the door.

I then tried to stand very firm against the leader to get him to realize this was no game and to back off. He walked up to me and stood face to face, very close and said "You don't tell me ****, boy!" I attempted to stand my ground, but I was intimidated by his superior height and took a very small step backwards and my butt hit my desk. I was now cornered and scared, my thinking changed completely. I went from trying to reason with these idiots to making the first move on the leader which I thought would be to tackle him and smash his head repeatedly against the metal milk crate on the floor behind him. As I thought this, I realized that I could kill him doing so and it occurred to me that there was one more option.

I had an unloaded Ruger blackhawk in a holster hidden in my backpack in my closet. My roomate tried another round of pleading sanity and reason with the leader, as the leader was distracted I walked slowly and calmly to the closet and calmly pulled the Ruger out. I then hurriedly jumped on my bed, cocked it, and aimed right between the eyes of the group's leader. He threw his head back in shock and his eyes were open wide. No one moved. I said loudly "Get the **** out of here, NOW!" The group fled like the Keystone cops getting out the door.

The police were called. I told my story and they told their's. The leader admitted to threatening to kill us twice, unconditionally. The following day, the DA reviewed the case and said "Your actions were totally justifiable under the law." I got my revolver back and still have it.

Immediately after the group fled and before the cops got there, I turned white as a ghost, broke out in a cold sweat and felt nauseated. I believe that was the adrenalin afthermath.

The thugs swore that the revolver was loaded and they could see the hollow point bullets in the chambers. The investigating officer asked me several times was it loaded? I replied, "No." The gun wasn't loaded, not that that should make a difference. I told the cop that they saw what I wanted them to see and it worked, no one was harmed especially my roomate and I.

I post my experience so that it may provide some information to learn from if possible realizng that I risk an onslaught of unwanted advice. I ask that those so inclined please refrain from doing so.

That was my experience.

Terry

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    In answer to OP's original question: Yes.

It was thirty years ago when five men entered my room. They accused my roomate and I of throwing bottle caps out our window at their car, (what an offense!) which was not true. The leader then said on several occassions that he was going to kill us both, this threat was unconditional. My roomate and I tried reasoning with this group through its leader to no avail. They had the door blocked, the room was on the third floor we could not jump out the window, the phone was blocked as it was on the desk near the door.

I then tried to stand very firm against the leader to get him to realize this was no game and to back off. He walked up to me and stood face to face, very close and said "You don't tell me ****, boy!" I attempted to stand my ground, but I was intimidated by his superior height and took a very small step backwards and my butt hit my desk. I was now cornered and scared, my thinking changed completely. I went from trying to reason with these idiots to making the first move on the leader which I thought would be to tackle him and smash his head repeatedly against the metal milk crate on the floor behind him. As I thought this, I realized that I could kill him doing so and it occurred to me that there was one more option.

I had an unloaded Ruger blackhawk in a holster hidden in my backpack in my closet. My roomate tried another round of pleading sanity and reason with the leader, as the leader was distracted I walked slowly and calmly to the closet and calmly pulled the Ruger out. I then hurriedly jumped on my bed, cocked it, and aimed right between the eyes of the group's leader. He threw his head back in shock and his eyes were open wide. No one moved. I said loudly "Get the **** out of here, NOW!" The group fled like the Keystone cops getting out the door.

The police were called. I told my story and they told their's. The leader admitted to threatening to kill us twice, unconditionally. The following day, the DA reviewed the case and said "Your actions were totally justifiable under the law." I got my revolver back and still have it.

Immediately after the group fled and before the cops got there, I turned white as a ghost, broke out in a cold sweat and felt nauseated. I believe that was the adrenalin afthermath.

The thugs swore that the revolver was loaded and they could see the hollow point bullets in the chambers. The investigating officer asked me several times was it loaded? I replied, "No." The gun wasn't loaded, not that that should make a difference. I told the cop that they saw what I wanted them to see and it worked, no one was harmed especially my roomate and I.

I post my experience so that it may provide some information to learn from if possible realizng that I risk an onslaught of unwanted advice. I ask that those so inclined please refrain from doing so.

That was my experience.

Terry

why did they wait around for the cops to come?

Top Bottom