How many of you have actually had to draw on someone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    was this after you were at my brothers house?? glad you didn't have to put another notch on your belt lol. sometime people even criminals aren't as stupid as they appear.

blah i see it was the glock not the h/k, was curious how you liked the holster under pressure :) again glad it all worked out for ya brother

mah, man this was before that. Actually, talking to your brother is what got me thinking about it.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I ask because a few weeks ago I was leaving a pizza joint and fishing for my keys in my pocket when I looked up to see an urban looking fellow with a 4 inch blade pointed in my general direction. He proceeded to tell me, in an urban tone, that I had made a mistake being a color not similar to his and in his neighborhood and now I would have to pay for my mistake.(I'm sure you can interpret what he actually said)
    He then proceeded to tell me he would be confiscating my wallet, phone, and dinner. After this, I told him he could have my wallet, and reached for my back pocket, returning with my G27 that happened to be near my wallet in location. Had he not at that point turned and ran, he would probably be dead at this point, but I am not going to shoot anyone in the back(unless they happen to be unaware of my presence and attacking someone else). After this incident I went home and ate dinner. No I did not file a police report because A: I did not want my food to be cold, and B: It's not like this guy didn't look just like the other 14 people in the dollar store next to the pizza place, and I doubt even the most diligent police work would not turn up any results. I am sure, however, that this fellow will probably think twice before approaching someone like that.
    Anyway, this all got me thinking, how many people actually have drawn on someone? I'm sure it is not common, and none of my friends have ever done it, but surely others have. Anyone here?

Yes, numerous times in uniform and a few out of uniform. Just did so two weeks ago.....and a couple of months ago. I hooked up the two a couple of weeks ago since they were in commission of a crime and I was able to do so

Next time call and report it so you dont find yourself getting felony stopped after the guy calls and says you pulled on him for no reason.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I don't recall actually drawing my weapon since I came to Indiana, but circa 1978 when I was a Staff Duty Officer at Ft. Lewis, my driver and I happened upon a very lightly clad soldier in the middle of the street dressed in an entrenching tool (did I mention it was February). He was walking down the street threatening anyone who got close. I had my driver run in to one of the barracks lining the street and call the MPs, while I drew my crummy S&W .38 (circa 1950 or so) and loaded it with cartridges. We followed this guy until the MPs showed up. I have to admit, I would have shot him after he threatened me the way he did the MPs, and my admiration knew no bounds when one MP holstered his pistol and tackled the guy; I wouldn't have risked that e-tool.

Back in 1970 I was driving a taxi in a Chicago suburb. I had been robbed about a week earlier and my suspicions were aroused when a guy asked to go to the same area where I had been robbed. At the time, since I wasn't old enough to have a pistol, I was carrying a bayonet. Long story short, the guy pulled a knife on me, got stabbed for his trouble, and fled. And no, I didn't report it.

Loving that story:rockwoot:

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    Just once, a long time ago. I was single and living in an apartment in NJ. I stayed home from work because I had a stomach bug. I heard someone messing with my lock and then the door opened. I had my gun next to my bed so I leveled it at him from the darkness of my bedroom. He didn't see me at first so I just watched him for a few seconds. Then I asked him what he wanted and I think he crapped a brick when he saw the 6" barrel of my revolver. He explained that he was the new super and that he was delivering a UPS package. The funny thing is that he did not have a package with him. I explained to him that I could have legally shot him and that if I ever caught him in my apartment without my permission, I would call the police or shoot him...maybe both. I rekeyed the deadbolt that same night (I am a locksmith). He got let go a few months later because other people caught him "delivering packages" without permission.

Last edited:

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I have, but I wrote my story in a similar thread on here. Cliff notes: Guy wouldnt leave me alone and struck me in the back of the head as I tried walking away (my fault for turning my back) I called Police, I shook like a dog ****ting peach seeds for like 2 hours afterward.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Beautiful stories, some sound so ridiculously ironic, yet scary.

Im curious O.P, I am familar with the pizza you shop, and have several 'incidents' around that area in my youth.

Why would you shop there?

First rule of being safe, is not putting yourself in unwanted danger.

FYI, there is a Ceasers on Keystone, brother. Be safe brothers.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Beautiful stories, some sound so ridiculously ironic, yet scary.

Im curious O.P, I am familar with the pizza you shop, and have several 'incidents' around that area in my youth.

Why would you shop there?

First rule of being safe, is not putting yourself in unwanted danger.

FYI, there is a Ceasers on Keystone, brother. Be safe brothers.

Yeah, Nordic I don't go out looking for trouble but I'm not going to tell my buddy who lives in a fairly nice neighborhood west of 79th and Michigan that I'm never coming to his house again because I might run into a bad guy on the way to/from his place.

Living your life in fear is the first step towards accepting "Government Safety Control".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to walk into Mayfield Green apartments or Port O' Crap...err I mean Port O'' Call apartments yellin Yo MF'rs WTF is up? while brandishing my weapon. But I'm not going to avoid the entire section of Indianapolis inside of 465 simply because anywhere you go is walking distance to some thugs.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    None, unless you count mother-in-laws and census workers, which are too numerous to mention.

Almost once on my three-year old when she was throwing a tantrum and refusing to go to bed, but I decided to just tase her.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    None, unless you count mother-in-laws and census workers, which are too numerous to mention.

Almost once on my three-year old when she was throwing a tantrum and refusing to go to bed, but I decided to just tase her.

You should have just called 911.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjjYGUi4G4]YouTube - Woman calls 911 regarding her uncontrollable child[/ame]

Im not excusing what the dispatcher said, but calling 911 because your 12 year old daughter is out of control?:dunno:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I've had to two and a half times.

The half was my hand on gun and the start of the draw, but he ran off before I needed to continue.

Luckly, in the other two situations, as well, Mr. Idiot decided to go find something else to do.

One of them was a millisecond from breakdawn on the trigger. The slack was up, and I was commiting to the shot...I would call the guy lucky, but I feel more like the lucky one for not having to deal with the mess it all would have been had I shot him. He, and the steak knife that he flashed in his belt and decided to reach for, turned and ran away...much like the hypothetical mentioned on page 4 of this thread.

Last edited:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I've drawn twice, both times ended up messy...
    sharpies-thumb-520x386-12897.jpg

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I appreciate first: that you that you were not injured or worse, second: that you were prepared and lastly, that you had the good judgement to not put one in his back as he fled... Oh, and your dinner didn't get cold.

Top Bottom