• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We really need to have an emergency alert system for this kind of thread. I can't believe I missed it for two days. Entertainment like this is hard to find. :):

Lazy posters that put up difficult to read posts NEED to be schooled. It is rude to make readers have to work to understand intent. Rude behavior that is tolerated will get worse and spread making it a huge chore to cypher through the chicken scratching.

Spelling and grammar do not matter near as much as making content legible. No paragraphs, no caps, no punctuation all make for junk that is being asked to be read. Simple software included in most browsers will solve most issues. Combine that with a quick proof read and you are good to go.

There are quite a few prolific posters here who started with txt posting who have "been learned." :D

I'm really hoping the OP sticks around to contribute to INGO! I'd love to hear his intentions?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We really need to have an emergency alert system for this kind of thread. I can't believe I missed it for two days. Entertainment like this is hard to find. :):

Lazy posters that put up difficult to read posts NEED to be schooled. It is rude to make readers have to work to understand intent. Rude behavior that is tolerated will get worse and spread making it a huge chore to cypher through the chicken scratching.

Spelling and grammar do not matter near as much as making content legible. No paragraphs, no caps, no punctuation all make for junk that is being asked to be read. Simple software included in most browsers will solve most issues. Combine that with a quick proof read and you are good to go.

There are quite a few prolific posters here who started with txt posting who have "been learned." :D

I'm really hoping the OP sticks around to contribute to INGO! I'd love to hear his intentions?

I guess hillbilly41 is gone... :(

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow- 7 pages, and about 6 pages of "I kin speel bitter then himm". Wonderful....but I'm not surprised.

Anyhoo (go ahead, tell me that's not a word),

18 U.S.C. sec. 923(a) states, in pertinent part:
    No person shall engage in the business of...dealing in firearms, ...until he has...received a license to do so from the Attorney General...

So, the question then is- where do I find the definition of "business of dealing in firearms"?

18 U.S.C. sec 921(a)(21)(C) states:

(21) The term "engaged in the business" means -
    (C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;...

...so how do you tell a hobbyist or collector from a dealer.?...wrong question. How do THEY tell a hobbyist or collector from a dealer?

Here's a case, an oldy, but a goody from another circuit, that provides some guidelines, but there is still no precise answer:

To make out the crime under the statute it was incumbent upon the Government to prove the status of the defendant as a "dealer" in firearms. In order to satisfy this burden the Government need not prove that the defendant's primary business was dealing in firearms or that he necessarily made a profit from such dealing; "it must (however) show a willingness (on the defendant's part) to deal, a profit motive, and a greater degree of activity than occasional sales by a hobbyist." [citation omitted]. The Government may do this by showing that the defendant "had guns on hand or (was) ready and able to procure them and sell them to such persons as might accept them as customers." [citations omitted]. The bulk of the conversations between the defendant and the undercover agents was thus relevant in establishing the defendant's status as a dealer by showing that the defendant had a supply of guns... which he had sold to other customers and which he was willing then to sell to the undercover agents.

United States v. Masters, 622 F.2d 83, 88 (4th Cir. 1980).

Moral of the story? Be careful and be conservative. If you think you might go over the line from hobbyist to "dealer"- you probably have, at least in the gvt's eyes and if the gvt. wants to, they can probably prove it.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I'm an old guy, graduated in 1956.

Our 7th and 8th grade English teacher hammered conjugation into our little pea brains until we were so saturated with "Good Grammar' we cannot write any other way, nor do we want to write any other way.

It is a shame the college graduates cannot spell nor use the spell checker on their computer as their handwriting is illegible. (my two sons)

Pick up you daily newspaper and count the number typo's and just plain bad grammar on just one page.

Now they are issuing Lap Top computers to what grade? If you think it's bad now, wait a few years.

"Nuf Sed"

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Posting in this thread is like poking at a dead carcass with a stick just to see how dead it is. Believe me, I could smell this with my browser turned off!

willie53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Doug, very good answer to hillbilly, to bad others thought more of themselves. Hope he sticks around, but maybe not. Indiana, you can sell any number of firearms from your private collections. But a person above mentioned, Appearance

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    This thread is a sad representation of this forum... I hope everyone got the ego boost they were looking for.

Self esteem is a funny thing....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I like peach Snapple.

snapple_peach_ice_tea.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you can manage to sell at least 5+ guns a year, you should get an FFL.

I wouldn't be worrying about reaching a limit, I would be working towards keeping/getting an FFL.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Kinda like acting high and mighty, eh?

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Apparently its ok for 50 *******s to gang up on the new guy, but it isn't ok for one member to call them out?

The fact that the mods allow this kind of **** is pretty questionable. Poking a little fun is one thing... but everyone ganging up to flat out insult someone is just pathetic.

I'm mature enough to handle the insults.. and I'm sure he is mature enough to let them roll of his shoulders as well and he probably is proud enough to not bother coming back to a place that he obviously wasn't welcome. However...the point of this forum is to bring in new members and incite interest in firearm ownership and the 2nd amendment....

Why are current members being allowed to run new members off? You'd think after 7 pages of bull****, you'd have your fill.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom