• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dyesub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I usually go to Atterbury which is about an hour away. I haven't looked into ranges that are closer just because I like Atterbury.

I will be moving to Monrovia in the summer. Does any one know of a range that is close by?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    How far do you drive to go shooting at your range?

~ 20 miles or 30 minutes driving time.

Why do you drive so far? Is there not one closer? Or do you just like your range a lot and don't care about the drive?

Closest outdoor range to my current house, and I really enjoy shooting at ACC as I'm typically the only person out there during the week.

If I had to drive more than 30 minutes one-way, I probably wouldn't shoot very much.

~STOLEN~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Greenwood, Indiana
    live off stop 11 and combs and drive to New Palestine where i grew up at dads house...
    reason being is he lives on a 5 acre lot thats 250ft wide and really long with a wooded lot backing to the property. so we shoot what we want, when we want, as long as we want. lol and dont get bothered
    call county sheriff every time just to be curtious

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    MCF&G exactly 2.2 miles. I also pass it on the way home from work and stop once or twice a week to do a little plinking before dinner and always at least once on the weekends.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I drive about 30 minutes to Midwest in Elkhart, IN. I'm really looking forward to traveling to some of the other ranges this summer though.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I drive about 40 minutes to get to Roush. I have a few options that are closer, but I like Roush better.

:+1:
    Same. Since I can't exactly shoot out the back door, I feel like Roush is worth the drive. The range is in great shape, the RO is fun to deal with, and the atmosphere is generally pretty relaxed...plus I have an excuse to swing by 21st on the way to or from.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    How far do you drive to go shooting at your range?
    Why do you drive so far? Is there not one closer? Or do you just like your range a lot and don't care about the drive?

How far ? Don's - about 13 miles , Atterbury - about 42 miles

Why ? It is what it is if I want to shoot without going to jail

Closer ? I've heard rumors that one is being built in Beach Grove .

Do I like the drive ? Nope .

If I ever hit the lottery I'm going to try to open a range in Indy . I bet it would make back the start up cost in no time .

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'd say about 45 minute drive but I like to pop off a few along the way. Reloading while driving can be a pain but I always try to get 3 or 4 magazines off before getting to the range.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I go to (1) of (2) places. If I am rushed for time or just want to try a few rounds, I usually go to Ossian Conservation Club 10 miles from my driveway. Now If I want to make a day of it, I will go down to Roush which is 25 miles.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It looks like I am the distance award winner.

I travel all over the Midwest to shoot, including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio.

For local matches, It is Harlan, Brookston, Camp Atterbury, and Gnawbone.

Oak Ridge Tennessee puts on a good program too. I like taking their money too...

This is all for Highpower matches. The wife doesn't see much of me on the weekends......

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    My range is approximately 50 yards from my back door. Only problem is it is only about a 40 yard range. DNR has a range at Quakertown, and takes about 10 minutes to get to from home.

Top Bottom