How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

• Total voters

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah I support the Tea Parties in spirit. Have I gone to one, no, not yet, but I will get more involved. Protesting in public is a good way to educate people about your thoughts and ideas. It is also a way to socialize and meet others who share your beliefs. I think that there needs to be more to the Tea Parties for the movement to work, that is meet ups in between "protests".

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah I support the Tea Parties in spirit. Have I gone to one, no, not yet, but I will get more involved. Protesting in public is a good way to educate people about your thoughts and ideas. It is also a way to socialize and meet others who share your beliefs. I think that there needs to be more to the Tea Parties for the movement to work, that is meet ups in between "protests".

There are many meet-ups. There are also small groups that meet weekly, but admittingly, they could use some organization. The Avon Small Group is a joke in my eyes. They took it too seriously (Electing Prez, treasurerer, whatever) and eventully decided not to follow the main group in favor of petty differences.

There are many small groups though that are good and they are the ones that are affecting change in their areas. It's the waking up people that I worry about more. That's why I spent an entire weekend at the Indy 1500.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I use to support them but now i feel they are just ridiculous. They have been taken over by media outlets and loonies. They have become partisan and divisive. And they have been infiltrated by racists and hard-liners. Similar to how the protests outside ruby-ridge were taken over by the "Arian nation" guys thus making the rest of the country ignore it.

They are unwelcoming to those who are on the fence.

I think in all honesty it just de-legitimizes the movement. First, think you need to do is tell folks like Rush and Glen Beck to shut the hell up. Even if you agree with them they are bad for the cause, they scare everyone but the base. Second tell Fox News to cool it. Fox's coverage/hijacking of the original protests murdered the integrity of the marches. Last, step up and challenge any racist or extremist loon trying to infiltrate the march. When i was watching CNN i saw several pictures of signs casting racial slurs toward Obama and signs fear mongering about everything from the illuminati to the masons to the "New World Order". When you allow people like that into the march unchallenged they blend in and become part of the message. It makes it all look bad.

i honestly think that they are tainted beyond repair, sorry folks, back to the drawing board. Lets do it better next time.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here are a few pix of the racists, chuckleheads, and loonies from Independence Day. I'll let you decide who's who.

0006.jpg

0005.jpg

0004.jpg

0003.jpg

Very few people in wheelchairs attended:

0002.jpg

0001.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I use to support them but now i feel they are just ridiculous. They have been taken over by media outlets and loonies. They have become partisan and divisive. And they have been infiltrated by racists and hard-liners. Similar to how the protests outside ruby-ridge were taken over by the "Arian nation" guys thus making the rest of the country ignore it.

I think in all honesty it just de-legitimizes the movement. First, think you need to do is tell folks like Rush and Glen Beck to shut the hell up. Even if you agree with them they are bad for the cause, they scare everyone but the base. Second tell Fox News to cool it. Fox's coverage/hijacking of the original protests murdered the integrity of the marches. Last, step up and challenge any racist or extremist loon trying to infiltrate the march. When i was watching CNN i saw several pictures of signs casting racial slurs toward Obama and signs fear mongering about everything from the illuminati to the masons to the "New World Order". When you allow people like that into the march unchallenged they blend in and become part of the message. It makes it all look bad.

i honestly think that they are tainted beyond repair, sorry folks, back to the drawing board. Lets do it better next time.

So.... you reject Fox News, Rush, and Glen Beck... and then go and tell us about CNN's propaganda coverage of the Tea Parties? WOW, where do I begin? Stop watching junk on the left-stream media, and stop giving a cr@p about what liberal reporters say about anything. Do you have any idea why the media hates the rallies so much? Because people rallying and educating themselves are dangerous to their liberal agenda. But the liberals' campaign to smear us apparently resounds in you more than the message of the Tea Parties.

Maybe things are different where you live, but I didn't see any Aryan Nation skinheads, racists, loonies, or illuminati. At the 3 rallies I've been to so far, there were respectful American patriots who reject their oppressive federal government and high taxes. We want congress to follow the constitution.

All you are doing is trying to dissuade people from getting active. Why is it important to you that people avoid the Tea Parties? Why do you want people to associate us with racists? Why do you spread this liberal filth propaganda? TROLL.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    :+1:
    So.... you reject Fox News, Rush, and Glen Beck... and then go and tell us about CNN's propaganda coverage of the Tea Parties? WOW, where do I begin? Stop watching junk on the left-stream media, and stop giving a cr@p about what liberal reporters say about anything. Do you have any idea why the media hates the rallies so much? Because people rallying and educating themselves are dangerous to their liberal agenda. But the liberals' campaign to smear us apparently resounds in you more than the message of the Tea Parties.

Maybe things are different where you live, but I didn't see any Aryan Nation skinheads, racists, loonies, or illuminati. At the 3 rallies I've been to so far, there were respectful American patriots who reject their oppressive federal government and high taxes. We want congress to follow the constitution.

All you are doing is trying to dissuade people from getting active. Why is it important to you that people avoid the Tea Parties? Why do you want people to associate us with racists? Why do you spread this liberal filth propaganda? TROLL.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    They have been taken over by media outlets and loonies.

I've helped organize both of the 2009 Tea Parties in Indy. Which am I?

They have become partisan and divisive.

Hmm, we didn't have any politicians at the 4/15 rally, and we had but one (our state treasurer, Richard Mourdock, who stood up to the gov't on the Chrysler debacle). How is that partisan?

And they have been infiltrated by racists and hard-liners. Similar to how the protests outside ruby-ridge were taken over by the "Arian nation" guys thus making the rest of the country ignore it.

Proof, please. I have yet to meet a racist or a hard-liner. No, wait, I take that back. I've met plenty of hard-line constitutionalists. You're right about that one.

At our protest against cap and trade at Andre Carson's office last week, we met with quite a few people whose political opinions were very different from ours. We talked to them and had great conversations. At the end, they said, "Wow, I didn't realize all those things about the recent legislation. I'm going to look that up and probably write to Mr. Carson."

It's very easy to impugn, and you've laid out some very heavy, divisive accusations. And I can guarantee that you're wrong, as it relates to the Indiana Tea Party.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I respect you opinion, but I also think you're flat out wrong. If you don't believe in the same things as some of them do, that's fine. But they are not the base core principles of the whole and if that's what turns you off then you will NEVER find a group that fits you except the one you make. Ever. So sorry, but it's just not possible. You are basiclly saying that you would rather wait around for something bad to happen or join a group with only one issue in mind. Like the NRA. We see how far that's gotten us. Maybe this isn't what you're saying, but there will never be a dynamic group Nationally that doesn't attract people with an agenda.

I signed on initially to fight for gun rights since no one here would do so. Through time I realized there was a greater goal that encompassed EVERYONES reasons.

Those were upholding the Constitution as written, repeal the 16th Amendment, and eliminate the corrupt and weak in government.

I guess since people's belief's that encompass things like the Mason's, the Illuminati, etc, are protected by the Constitution, we should still push them away because it may offend someone. Well I'm sorry to say this, but I'm tired of having to worry about offending him or her or them or whomever. If you're offended, close your ears. If the National Anthem or Constitution or "In God We Trust" offends you, TOUGH NOOKIE! Deal with it or go back to your own Country. If you are a citizen, deal with it of pick another Country.

As for Fox News and Rush and whomever... If they wish to appear on our side, let them. I don't care what they say. They are not the People and they don't represent the People. If they have to stuff it, so does Pelosi, CNN, Anderson Cooper, Larry King, and obamatard. Let them talk. They don't represent us and we've made that clear on many occasion.

I do like Rush's speech on the Founding Fathers though. If you haven't heard it or read it do so. It's spot on and insightful. I don't care if you like the man or not. Get a copy of the speech and read it.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to tell you. It's your opinion and I'll respect that as long as you respect my opinion as well.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Nice... thanks for sharing... and INGO shirts in attendance?

I haven't found any pix of INGO gear so far. Oddly enough, there are no pix of me in knickers, either.

I was wearing my INGO hat until it became soaked and I traded it for tricorne.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Joe, you are a hard man to figure out. You see no problem with a bored police officer pulling a man over with a cracked windshield to fish for an arrest(asking consent for search with no probable cause) and have no problem with the US goverment intruding into our private lives through census but you think every ATF agent is a murderer.

Since some have a problem with vetting voters, should the age restriction be removed? After all, my 7 year old can make just as an intelligent decision as any Obama voter. Being a citizen carries with it a responsibility. What do we do with those who
    refuse it? We have people who couldn't tell us the date when asked when 9/11 happened. If you think those people voting benefits our country then we will have to agree to disagree.

:+1:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

Dude Chill. you are preaching to the choir. But I'm being pragmatic. your base is energized. the other side is against you. So what WE ALL need to do now is win the people in the middle. Show them that we aren't the loonies that we are made out to be. But we can't do that by painting this as a invite only party for those on the far right side of the aisle. And sorry to say, But when you step back and objectively look or talk to those who are undecided/uninformed on the issue thats what these TEA parties look like.

how bout you quit shooting the guy who is looking at the other teams playbook for telling you that they've got you beat. The Angle on these protests need a SERIOUS reevaluation or all you are gonna be doing is marching in the rain while for nothing more than hearing the sound of your own voices while everyone on the fence is laughing at the late night talk shows insulting you.

Im not saying don't protest. I'm saying that we in all honesty need to think about our tactics and image.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I haven't found any pix of INGO gear so far. Oddly enough, there are no pix of me in knickers, either.

I wore my INGO Tact hat the entire time. When Channel 8 did their initial brodcast I was right beside the pretty little blond reporter off camera. It was the one with the "Where's the Birth Certificate" sign in the background. I chose to stay off camera for the well being of the camera. I'd hate to crack a lens when they take a picture of me... :D :):

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009

Are we talking about the same things, here? I have seen none of what you describe, and what I have I view as a good thing. I don't think anyone thinks we are going to convert the die-hard Obama supporters, but there is a huge portion of the population in the middle that can be swayed, and all it will take to rally them behind us is to get the message to them. To that end, I am happy with any and all media coverage, regardless of the source. The vast majority of those watching Fox news, or listening to Rush or Glenn Beck are probably ill-informed as to the true nature of what's going on, and if we can reach even a few of them at a time, we will grow. Since we can't really expect anything but silence or ridicule from the rest of the media, this will have to do.

As far as racists, kooks, and politicians, this movement is bound to attract those types, just as Ron Paul's campaign did. I think he would have been better off if he had distanced himself more from them, and so far the Tea Party organizers have done very well to keep these elements subdued by maintaining a focus on the issues rather than individuals or parties. There are parties and politicians that have been clamoring, in fact, to be a part of these rallies, and they have been denied, specifically to avoid polarizing and dividing the movement.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009

I believe someone posted some pictures on the IDL MeetUp site, and I do believe there is one of you and the boys on stage in your period costumes.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    We went to the first one but both of my kids were running 103 degree fevers on the 4th so we stayed home.

No excuse just an explanation. We will go to more as they have them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We went to the first one but both of my kids were running 103 degree fevers on the 4th so we stayed home.

No excuse just an explanation. We will go to more as they have them.

As always sir, I appreciate the support and dedication! I always say family comes first. :patriot:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not true. The mission of the Indiana Tea Party is: To restore limited government, fiscal responsibility, and accountable representation through citizen activism and education, in order to preserve the Constitution for the United States of America.

That's all well and good, but it is too broad in scope to attract attention and a following...something such as this requires a spike of interest, a focus.

When you look at the historical namesake, what was the mission of the real tea party? Destruction of private property to stick a thumb in the eye of Parliament to put that body - and the king - on notice that they had gone too far. It was focused on the Tea Act in particular, and also on the closely related concept of taxation without representation.

Do I advocate destruction of private property? Of course not.

But I have to agree with the sentiments of another post. Right now the "Tea Party" movement looks more like it is asking permission to be upset.

Now, I believe that those who attend the rallies and support the group - for the most part - have their heads in the right place; this is not meant to cut them, but to analyze effectiveness.

Unfortunately, while their heads are in it, the governments don't seem to read enough heart and, therefore, heat behind the movement.

What is the answer?

More cowbell, of course :D

:cowbell:

Seriously, while the mission of the Indiana Tea Party is a noble one, there have really only been two methods of rolling back oppressive government that have been remotely effective. One example was given a few short years after the Boston Tea Party, when the British government was pushed out by force.

Another method later forced the same empire to release its grip on India and, similarly helped to draw attention to and eventually end injustices in this country.

What will it take to get back to something of which the founders would not be ashamed? A miracle. But miracles have happened before.

Great men willing to pledge their "lives, fortunes, and sacred honour" to make it so secured liberty, however briefly, for this nation.

Equally great men willing to stand empty handed and be violently beaten down or even shot for refusing to submit to the unjust secured independence, though maybe not liberty as we know it, for India.

I think there are few, if any, ready to answer either call at the moment.

It is not stating principles that get the attention of governments, but standing on them, willing to face that which may come.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    They have been taken over by media outlets and loonies. They have become partisan and divisive. And they have been infiltrated by racists and hard-liners.
    How have they become "partisan and divisive"? By asking for smaller government, less government, less spending, and returning to a more Constitutional form of government? What values would you stand for? The other side's?

As for the infiltration, there was a concern the larger ones were going to be infiltrated by opponents, with plans to act up and display signs of a racist or other contemptuous message, just to illicit the response you had. There were plans afoot openly on a number of leftist blogs to do this. How does it feel to be led along by the hand by CNN? Lets see, CNN's open support of Obama, CNN's showing of the signs you saw, and the implied message you were led to. Looks pretty deliberate to me.

If I remember, you were (and probably are) a Ron Paul supporter. This surely wouldn't be a bit of bitterness and resentment on your part because your candidate and his message was basically ignored in the race, is it?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom