How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hate to break it to you, but to many of your fellow Americans (you know, the people you think of as "brain dead idiots,") YOU are the one who meets that description. To any of the people on the left who look at the fact you feel the need to carry a gun, you qualify by default.

Oh, well. At least you have something in common with our Dear Leader. You both have an extreme disdain for the American people, and you both think you should be allowed to decide who gets to be free, and who doesn't.

I hate to say it, but Joe is right. All this talk of restricting the ignorant from voting makes those who advocate this just the same as the people we are fighting against. We shouldn't be able to have a gun in their eyes, but we do. They shouldn't be able to vote in your eyes, but they do. How does that make you any different than them?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A Gun Writers View Of A Texas Tea Party

Howard Nemerov, the Austin Gun Rights Examiner spoke at a Tea Party on the 4th and wrote up on it. There were some problems and they are, (as far as I can see) widespread in the movement. Too many Republicans and not enough "independents" and others are involved. And what about the black, hispanic and asian communities? Without across the board outreach the movement is doomed. It's already unfocused and scattershot and unlikely to get better unless folks really get it together.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Howard Nemerov, the Austin Gun Rights Examiner spoke at a Tea Party on the 4th and wrote up on it. There were some problems and they are, (as far as I can see) widespread in the movement. Too many Republicans and not enough "independents" and others are involved. And what about the black, hispanic and asian communities? Without across the board outreach the movement is doomed. It's already unfocused and scattershot and unlikely to get better unless folks really get it together.

I'll take principles over diversity any day. We didn't outreach to white voters or Republicans. The message resonates with conservatives and libertarians, and it doesn't with liberals. I'm not into social engineering.

Interestingly, at recent Tea Party meeting, someone asked how many of us consider ourselves independents. 90% raised their hands.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's not a matter of "diversity". Where are your "independent" black and hispanics and asians? They certainly exist. What have the organisers done to bring them together with the white majority that frequents these events? Progessives look at the tea party and see nothing but angry white people and they are pretty much on the ball. You can't help but wonder why that is. If the tea party "movement" fails to make beneficial alliances they are just dead in the water.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Where are your "independent" black and hispanics and asians? They certainly exist.

I say this with all sincerity: Get 50 of them together and we'll welcome them with open arms. I can't seem to find them. The situation is too dire to make the color of one's skin a priority.

Can you find them on INGO?

Also, please consider that the IN TP is completely volunteer-driven. Please join and help us gather those folks. We would welcome them and you.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's not a matter of "diversity". Where are your "independent" black and hispanics and asians? They certainly exist. What have the organisers done to bring them together with the white majority that frequents these events? Progessives look at the tea party and see nothing but angry white people and they are pretty much on the ball. You can't help but wonder why that is. If the tea party "movement" fails to make beneficial alliances they are just dead in the water.

Why does it have to be a racial thing? If they felt the same way, they'd be out there with us. Unfortunately I only saw one hispanic family at the Tea Party, and a handful of blacks. What are we suppose to do? Go into their Neighborhoods and drag these people out into the streets? We try to appeal to everyone regardless of race, religion, or ethnic background. I'm sorry race plays such an important role in your life you must consider this to be a priority.

SirRealism said it best I think.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hate to break it to you, but to many of your fellow Americans (you know, the people you think of as "brain dead idiots,") YOU are the one who meets that description. To any of the people on the left who look at the fact you feel the need to carry a gun, you qualify by default.

Oh, well. At least you have something in common with our Dear Leader. You both have an extreme disdain for the American people, and you both think you should be allowed to decide who gets to be free, and who doesn't.

I guess our founders were just like Obama because they put the landowner requirement in. I don't have a disdain for AMERICANS. I have a disdain for the leaches in our society who think they are entitled to the property of others simply because they were born here.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I guess our founders were just like Obama because they put the landowner requirement in. I don't have a disdain for AMERICANS. I have a disdain for the leaches in our society who think they are entitled to the property of others simply because they were born here.

Can I suggest creating a new thread for this? It's outside the realm of the OP, for sure.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why does it have to be a racial thing? If they felt the same way, they'd be out there with us. Unfortunately I only saw one hispanic family at the Tea Party, and a handful of blacks. What are we suppose to do? Go into their Neighborhoods and drag these people out into the streets? We try to appeal to everyone regardless of race, religion, or ethnic background. I'm sorry race plays such an important role in your life you must consider this to be a priority.

SirRealism said it best I think.
    It's just a simple matter of the organisers doing outreach to the community at large. There are certainly black business leader organisations that hate high taxes. Ditto hispanic business owners and indians and asians. If the tea party groups won't go out of the way to even tender a hand and an invitiation why should these groups respond? All they see in the media is the white faces. It's yet another group that could easily be co-opted to the cause.
    The reason I even bring up race was that in the Nemerov article it was made clear that the lone black speaker was actually driven away by the other speakers at the Austin area tea party. I'd also suggest that organisers make the effort to recruit blue dog dems, as well. As long as the tea parties remain a sea of white, rather than the melting pot we are people are just going to see these things as anti-Obama, not anti-big government. And for many in the black community that's going to equate to being anti-black president. If an organisation won't do outreach to communities and organisations they're just whistling in the wind. Shoot, get some good speakers together and hit a hispanic radio station in town next time. Or get on with Abdul at 1430 or Amos Brown. Even small "volunteer" driven groups can do outreach.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It's just a simple matter of the organisers doing outreach to the community at large. There are certainly black business leader organisations that hate high taxes. Ditto hispanic business owners and indians and asians. If the tea party groups won't go out of the way to even tender a hand and an invitiation why should these groups respond? All they see in the media is the white faces. It's yet another group that could easily be co-opted to the cause.
    The reason I even bring up race was that in the Nemerov article it was made clear that the lone black speaker was actually driven away by the other speakers at the Austin area tea party. I'd also suggest that organisers make the effort to recruit blue dog dems, as well. As long as the tea parties remain a sea of white, rather than the melting pot we are people are just going to see these things as anti-Obama, not anti-big government. And for many in the black community that's going to equate to being anti-black president. If an organisation won't do outreach to communities and organisations they're just whistling in the wind. Shoot, get some good speakers together and hit a hispanic radio station in town next time. Or get on with Abdul at 1430 or Amos Brown. Even small "volunteer" driven groups can do outreach.

I'm asking that you help us do that.

BTW, we most definitely were on with Abdul. Please ask what we have tried before assuming what we have not.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis

Anything that doesn't include large amounts of minorities are dead in the water?

I had to go back and look... because I honestly don't seek to categorize people that way... but here you go:

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

OK... we had a few minorities... not many, but a few. Seriously, though. Why do we need to worry about skin color or ethnicity? What exactly does having ethnic quotas do for us?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Now see, the problem here is that you think we should go out of our way to reach miniorities and other races. Why would we stoop to that level of racism just to gain support. We don't go out of our way to reach any certain race or ethnic background. You might mention the Gun Show that I went to to hand out flyers. Ok, if you went to the gun show or read the threads following, You'd have noticed that the gun show was just as diverse as walking around downtown Indy. I spoke with every person willing to listen. I didn't distinguish anyone because to me, we were all gun owners. New and old. Black and white. Hispanic and Asian. Red and Green. Blue and Purple.

I refuse to single out anyone based on race or religion. We are all human beings and there should be no distinction made except by Nationality. Period.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I've been sitting here for weeks banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why people on this site always talk about preserving freedom and standing up for our rights, but no one actually shows up when called upon for the Tea Party's. It's just mind boggling to me that only a handful of people here actually will show up to the Rally's and even fewer are getting their hands dirty by helping to organize and donate to make it happen.

So I'm asking how you feel about the Tea Party's. Don't be shy. I want to hear it. I want to know just exactly why you will not or will get involved and stand up for our freedoms and what's right.

Let's hear it. No excuses either. I have no job, no money, and 4 kids and a wife and still find time to devote to the cause. If I can do it under these circumstances they are void as an excuse.

:patriot::ingo:

EDIT: Good, my 6500 post was actually meaningful! :D :patriot: :rockwoot:.
    To answer your question. I love the Tea Parties ive meet some of the best people in the world at the tea parties. Here is my only concern. The Declaration of Independence gives us a blue print for seeing tyranny. With out a dought the Declaration of Independence clearly shows that we are being ran by a tyrannical government and peacful protests although wonderful indeed will never oust a tyrannical govermnent. I couldn't bring myself this year to celebrate a Declatation that we no longer follow. The nation has truly lost its independence and its freedom. We are no longer home of the brave and land of the free. Its more like home of the cowards and land of the slaves. Our money says In God We Trust, but it should read In Satin We Follow. Now I dont mean to make your blood boil and give you a heart attack, but it is what ive came to believe. The nation will crack and we will then be forced to choose to fight or die, when this happens I will be a defender of the constitution and our great nation. When the internet goes down it will be a good time to start loading. Big banks run this country and democrate or republican doesn't matter we would be in the exact same place if John Mccain would have won. What does Big Banks want total global control. How do they get that by the dissolution of the United States. Hillary Clinton gave China emminent domain over our land as colateral for our debt. The Goverment took over our water supply and is going to take over our food supply. This means that no matter who accupies the US they will still have power over the people. The north american union is real and you can even buy the amero online that is being minted in the Denver mint. There are now around 3 million foreign troops stationed in North America. All that needs to happen now is an event that will allow the government to shut down the internet and allow the us to be invaded. Our boarders have been wide open in preporation of this. Fema and DHS have ordered millions of coffins. They have also contacted cemetaries around that nation asking how many people they can hold with 960 bodies an acre they claim it is in case of a pandemic outbreak or other disasters. The Government is preparing for mass casualties. Something we didn't even do in any of the world wars. Our American troops are being flooded out of this country in preporation of this also. We won't have the luxury of our military to defend our nation. We will be rounded up and exterminated. Then and only then will the New World Order be able to be put into place. There is only one case in history when a tyrant didn't hurt his own people and that was germany so the best case scenario is we do have hitler at the wheel. Does the best case scenario look good at all hell no.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m7d6-Hot-times-at-the-Tea-PartyToo many Republicans and not enough "independents" and others are involved. And what about the black, hispanic and asian communities?

Another libertarian dismisses us.

Are you forgetting that we have Obama in office? He drew historic numbers of the Black demographic to the polls in the election. As if we are some sort of racists because there aren't equal distribution of all the races among the rallies. I'd like to know if anyone can name 10 black celebrities who oppose Obama. A social trend may emerge that causes the black demographic to gravitate to Obama. Just a hunch.

The rallies are open to all. Join us and don't write us off the same way the liberals do.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I support the tea parties as well. The way I see it is if you don't get involved to try to influence public opinion the only change that will occur is change that we don't want. Republican, Democrat, Black, White, whatever! The tea parties are just the spark and hopefully it continues to grow until our message is heard everywhere.
    To me it's similar to supporting gun rights and being involved with groups that try to influence public opinion (NRA, USCCA, ect.). A great man once said, "You got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything".

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I support the tea parties as well. The way I see it is if you don't get involved to try to influence public opinion the only change that will occur is change that we don't want. Republican, Democrat, Black, White, whatever! The tea parties are just the spark and hopefully it continues to grow until our message is heard everywhere.
    To me it's similar to supporting gun rights and being involved with groups that try to influence public opinion (NRA, USCCA, ect.). A great man once said, "You got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything".

You know, ask anyone on here how hard I tried to get the Tea Party style Rally going for Gun Rights.

I do believe that 75% of the forum said a Nationwide Rally for Gun Rights was impossible.

Uh, HELLO!!!!!!!!! If you still think that way, you aren't paying attention. We might not have had the numbers the Tea Parties had, but By God no lone gunman has been to any of the Tea Party's have they? There have been no ACORN idiots disrupt the Rallies have there?

I didn't think so.

Too many people on this forum would rather sit at their computers and critique others efforts than to join them and help them and guide them.

That's what's truly sad here.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I support the movement, I just wish they'd come up with a better name.

We're already portrayed as dinosaurs and this isn't just about taxes.

We need to show some originality.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    All they see in the media is the white faces. It's yet another group that could easily be co-opted to the cause.
    The reason I even bring up race was that in the Nemerov article it was made clear that the lone black speaker was actually driven away by the other speakers at the Austin area tea party. I'd also suggest that organisers make the effort to recruit blue dog dems, as well. As long as the tea parties remain a sea of white, rather than the melting pot we are people are just going to see these things as anti-Obama, not anti-big government.

Sorry, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the combat units in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've noticed those similarities there too...

They didn't run off this black man at the Tea Party

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Qr_gn6lqw]YouTube - Alfonzo Rachel (machosauce) speaking at the Sacramento Tea Party protest[/ame]

We do need to organize and reach out to all Americans who believe in the Constitution. Acorn did a good job corrupting many polling places and getting their people in positions such as Secretary of State in many states.

The left ran a perfect campaign, utilizing social networks, youtube and rallying many college kids to work for them... I think the Right just assumed people had common sense and would vote that way.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Too many people on this forum would rather sit at their computers and critique others efforts than to join them and help them and guide them.

That's what's truly sad here.

Unfortunately, many people aren't motivated enough to do something for various reasons. There are an estimated 80 million guns owners in America. If all of them stood up and said enough is enough then most of our battles would not even have to be fought. A few have to pull weight for the rest. If Americans continue to sit idle and not make their voices heard our precious liberties will continue to be stripped away by power hungry politicians.
    That is why the tea parties are important. It may start small but it can grow with the right leadership and message. We just have to convince people that it is a worthy cause!

Top Bottom