How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

• Total voters

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One great thing about our Indiana Tea Party organization here in Indy is that we've got a very diverse group of volunteers. We've got medical professionals (Doc and Nurse) Working stiffs in the corporate world, private business owners, some gun owners, some republicans, some middle of the road-ers.

Even an ex journalist.

Our local movement is a diverse group of folk who came together around the idea of bringing our Constitution back to the forefront of our national government.

The next step is to find politicians that accept and support that idea... there are about 10 of those currently in the US Congress. So we need to actively work to get the rest voted out of office.

HOW do we do that?

It's not easy... it's a lot of work... and we won't always have success. BUT, every one we get out is one incumbent gone.

ICaucus is spreading across the nation, with the idea of driving the incumbents out of office by working in your local elections. Their website has a lot of great info on just what the incumbent party means to us. If you can spare an hour, watch their vids... yep, powerpoint slides with a voice over... not the best quality, but the info is good.

Oh, and the guys behind ICaucus, were the ones who ran Jason Chaffetz campaign where he defeated an incumbent repub in Utah in the primary, and is now in the US House.

Tea Parties are just a starting point, and a gathering refresh point... going beyond the tea party and getting involved in the other orgs is where the real work begins. Tea Parties are the snow ball rolling down hill. That snowball will gain momentum, and build mass the longer it rolls. We've got hundreds of those Tea Party snowballs rolling to gather more people.

Now those people need to get off their butts and get involved in where they can make the difference.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some of us think this is a great idea.
    Some of us can not join the movement.
    Dr. Bob Basso who portrayed Thomas Paine in the YouTube vids, and spoke at our Tax Day Rally here in Indy told us after the Tea Party that he didn't expect his little YouTube vids to take off the way they did.

Service men and women from overseas would call him at all hours of the night and morning (he's in LA, big time zone jump).

One particular call stuck with him. The caller said "The Marines have your back, sir"

All we ask is that you watch our backs.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Unfortunately, many people aren't motivated enough to do something for various reasons. There are an estimated 80 million guns owners in America. If all of them stood up and said enough is enough then most of our battles would not even have to be fought. A few have to pull weight for the rest. If Americans continue to sit idle and not make their voices heard our precious liberties will continue to be stripped away by power hungry politicians.
    That is why the tea parties are important. It may start small but it can grow with the right leadership and message. We just have to convince people that it is a worthy cause!

^^^^This

Some of us think this is a great idea.
    Some of us can not join the movement.

No worries we KNOW our Oath.

:patriot:
    The movement is great.
    I just do not see myself driving almost 1 1/2 - 2 hours for it.

You have friends all around you sir. Join the Indy Defenders of Liberty at Meetup.com. You will find you are not alone up there and those good ol boys have been known to carpool. You have some options if you would like to help support us.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    They bring down everything around them and yet we reward these people. This isn't by accident folks. It's by design. We are forever taking more from those who do and giving it to those who don't. As long as these people have the majority, our current system can't be fixed.

You're on to something here.

One way of looking at the political divide is to distinguish between the "Take Care of Me!" voters and the "Leave Me Alone, I'll Do It Myself" voters.

I think we have reached the tipping point where the "Take Care of Me!" voters outnumber the "Leave Me Alones."

This causes two MAJOR problems:

1) FISCAL - More people drawing on the system (health benefits, disability, social security, medicare, medicaid, food stamps ad nauseam) than people paying in to the system. This is the root of our national debt problem, which is reaching a critical, unsustainable level.

2) POLITICAL - Increasingly impossible to elect anyone who plans to cut back on government spending, because the majority of voters are recipients of that spending.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You're on to something here.

One way of looking at the political divide is to distinguish between the "Take Care of Me!" voters and the "Leave Me Alone, I'll Do It Myself" voters.

I think we have reached the tipping point where the "Take Care of Me!" voters outnumber the "Leave Me Alones."

This causes two MAJOR problems:

1) FISCAL - More people drawing on the system (health benefits, disability, social security, medicare, medicaid, food stamps ad nauseam) than people paying in to the system. This is the root of our national debt problem, which is reaching a critical, unsustainable level.

2) POLITICAL - Increasingly impossible to elect anyone who plans to cut back on government spending, because the majority of voters are recipients of that spending.

This is probably the best way I have heard it explained yet. This is an excellent analogy! ;)

Top Bottom