How do i carry while swimming? I had a scare!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    So mods, what do you think? Should we have a sub-forum where we can all post racist/sexist/anti-cop jokes, especially ones where we talk about beating up minorities or women? Man that sounds great! As long as we post them all in purple text & make a point of saying it was just a joke it should be OK, Right? :rolleyes:

Dude, there's a big difference between good natured ribbing (or even sarcastic ribbing) & joking about beating up mexican's. Sorry you can't see the difference. :rolleyes:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sorry you can't see the difference. :rolleyes:
    Sorry my PC doesn't meet your high standards. If you really don't understand it was nothing more than a joke on my part...you probably take yourself too seriously. Hurting your feelings wasn't the intent. Some people are wrapped too tight. Relax and have a beer. :rolleyes:

Politically correct? Nope. Funny...probably not really. Do I care? Not at all.

This is probably the place for you.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hurt_here_s_your_thread_to_vent_about_it.html

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Sorry my PC doesn't meet your high standards. If you really don't understand it was nothing more than a joke on my part...you probably take yourself too seriously. Hurting your feelings wasn't the intent. Some people are wrapped too tight. Relax and have a beer. :rolleyes:

Politically correct? Nope. Funny...probably not really. Do I care? Not at all.

This is probably the place for you.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hurt_here_s_your_thread_to_vent_about_it.html

So i guess all you guys down at the station just sit around & "joke" about beating up mexicans, lynching blacks, proning out gun legal owners, slapping your wives around, sodomizing gays with your batons & all kinds of other fun non-PC stuff, huh? It's only joking around, right? No need to be overly PC now is there?

You're right. I guess I just don't have your sense of humor.

Oh, here's an idea. The next time you're in a predominantly hispanic part of town, go into the nearest bar (sans weapons, of course) & throw your mexican/cueball analogy joke out there. I'm sure everyone there will have a great laugh over it. They'll probably buy you a drink, too.

You didn't hurt my feelings. I'm not hispanic, but I didn't think this was the appropriate venue for your "joke". If you don't call out racism when you see it (even if it's thinly veiled as a "joke" - especially coming from a cop) then things never change for the better.

If you don't like getting called to the mat over it then don't say stupid stuff.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So i guess all you guys down at the station just sit around & "joke" about beating up mexicans, lynching blacks, proning out gun legal owners, slapping your wives around, sodomizing gays with your batons & all kinds of other fun non-PC stuff, huh?
    You may want to seek therapy. For the record...I NEVER joke about proning out legal gun owners! ;) (again...humor for those without a sense of it)

If you don't like getting called to the mat over it then don't say stupid stuff.
    Image+%3D+Panties+in+a+bunch.jpg

I don't mind getting called out over it. I just think you're over reacting. If I really felt that way...I could see your point. But I guess since you don't know me...you wouldn't know the difference. So I probably deserve it. But I'm equally not concerned about your perception.

But really...if I say I'm sorry will you still luv me? :):

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So i guess all you guys down at the station just sit around & "joke" about beating up mexicans, lynching blacks, proning out gun legal owners, slapping your wives around, sodomizing gays with your batons & all kinds of other fun non-PC stuff

Making a generalizations about a collective group of individuals is always wrong....unless you're talking about cops that is. Cop bashing is always acceptable and hysterical.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Get a Glock and install marine spring cups on it. Wear it while swimming... Might sound funny to some but you just had the perfect situation for it. As far as holsters, I've got a cheap-O fobus paddle holster with the red rubber backing that I wear with basketball shorts and it stays in place while I ride my bike. Also, you could try getting a Pitbull or German Shepard..:D Either of those work quite well too.

pro_7.jpg
    100_4790.jpg

Contrary to popular belief a pitbull may headbut you to get you attention before he licks you to death, but he's really not the best protection dog. I understand that the scumbags that fight pitbulls usually keep german shepards as guard dogs, because pitbulls like people too much to be effective guard dogs. They might be intimidating from a distance, but up close you just can't scare away bad guys by leaning against them hoping for a head rub.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    But really...if I say I'm sorry will you still luv me? :):

Oh all right...but only if you really mean it. :)

Making a generalizations about a collective group of individuals is always wrong....

Well, not always, but yes, generally. And that would be pertinent IF the "joke" was about some stereotype (i.e. liberals are all anti-gun, conservatives are all racists, etc) not a cop making a "joke" about beating up a minority for whatever reason.

Either way, point taken.

unless you're talking about cops that is. Cop bashing is always acceptable and hysterical.

Who's feelings are hurt now?

I'm not bashing on all cops. There is evidence to suggest that in some districts racism/sexism is a problem in LE. That is a serious problem in an occupation tasked with the equal administration of the JUSTICE system. I was merely suggesting that if Public Servant feels comfortable enough to come onto a public forum & make a fairly tasteless joke about violence toward minorities that there might be a more deep seated problem with the other LEO's he works with as well (see any report on the LA police force after the Rodney King fiasco).

I don't know PS personally. He says he doesn't really feel that way. That's good. He also says he doesn't really care what others perceptions of him are. As a cop, that's bad. If the non-LEO's that he has to work around think he is racist then that makes his job harder. Not only does it make his job harder it makes other LEO's jobs harder as well. There are some jobs that it is necessary to be PC & perception is everything, whether you like it or not.

broabc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    I have a stainless Seecamp .32 that I carry in my trunks while swimming. You need to be sure it is securly fastened with a strong cord so as not to loose it though.

That's a great idea. How do you do upkeep on it afterwords?

Top Bottom