• ...and so much more!
  • Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I remember those good old days of price control at the pumps. If my license plate ended with and even number then I could get gas on even numbered days, but limited to 5 gallons. And the lines at the gas stations down the street and round the corner and by the time you got to the pump, sorry but we're outta gas and you'll have to come back tomorrow, but wait you can't because the number on your license plate number, you'll have to come back in the day after. Fortunately my dad had a business and the local gas station owner was one of his customers so we always got gas after the station closed. Locking gas caps as the Oklahoma Credit Card was all the rage as gas went from 19 cents a gallon to 35 to 50 cents. And let's not forget the National speed limit lowered to 55 mph took decades to get over that stupidity. The increase in fuel prices was reflected in the cost of everything and so inflation was the results. Thanks to old tricky Dick for that and since that worked so good the first time the peanut farmer tried it again. Then along came Reagan and Volker, boy that was a shocker. Thank God I had good marketable skills and kept working through all that and was able to pay my bills. Life was good back then. LOL

Top Bottom