• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I can’t afford fast food I have ammo to buy.

We have started buying the discounted meat then vacuum seal it and into the deep freezer. Also buying a complete ribeye and cutting it ourselves.

I think we could survive for about a year.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can’t afford fast food I have ammo to buy.

We have started buying the discounted meat then vacuum seal it and into the deep freezer. Also buying a complete ribeye and cutting it ourselves.

I think we could survive for about a year.
    We go to Cloverdale Value Market and load up on meat there then vacuum seal it. Can even Sous Vide it that way then finish on grill. Makes grilling amazingly easy and consistent

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Obviously they think we are ****ing stupid. I went to McDonalds last week and bought lunch, two adults, two little kids, no drinks. $45.00.

My excel spreadsheet (which was written by a real good accountanting type excel guru) has my expenses up 17.3 precent since 2022 at this time. Sure all expenses have a bit of waver like groceries include cleaning supplies ect.

Biggest increases are insurance gas and food. I see nothing down . I almost never eat outside of a kitchen normally attach to my or a friends house.

I believe the government 3 percent is special math and I did not go to special education in school.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Biggest expense that has increased is property tax. About 3 times what it was 20 years ago. Over double in the last 10 years. Ugh don't want to get me started.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Noticed that the tires on my truck are getting a bit bald and one is into the wear bars. Dug out the paperwork when I had them installed 8/2021, was $927 total. Went to the same place and asked to quote the exact same set... was just over 18% increase.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Noticed that the tires on my truck are getting a bit bald and one is into the wear bars. Dug out the paperwork when I had them installed 8/2021, was $927 total. Went to the same place and asked to quote the exact same set... was just over 18% increase.
    If you can put it off... I got some great black friday deals last year. I could use a few more tires this year and waiting until then. I think I looked at Amazon and Walmart (online).

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have had great luck with the Discount Tire Direct store on eBay.

I have also bought from https://www.ebay.com/str/ifixitzone That was my last set of truck tires. Nokian all terrains in 265/75R16 for under $500 with free shipping. Had a another $200 in mounting/balancing locally.

I'm sure now the days of a sub $1K set of truck tires are long gone though.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    We go to Cloverdale Value Market and load up on meat there then vacuum seal it. Can even Sous Vide it that way then finish on grill. Makes grilling amazingly easy and consistent
    Just looked them up. The prices seem to be pretty good. How's the quality?

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Me and buddy split a beef once a year. I grumble about paying about $1000 for it. (It comes out a little over $3 a lb.) Then I walk into the grocery store. Ugh. Happy to pay for the 1/2 beef.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So where we live is very isolated we have a IGA and Walmart as choices for groceries. So we are kinda out of the way on the supply chain.
    The stores are frequently out of items is that just down here or state wide?

Btw the IGA cuts meat fresh

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So where we live is very isolated we have a IGA and Walmart as choices for groceries. So we are kinda out of the way on the supply chain.

I am at the end of I74 before it runs into communist controlled chaos. Shortages happen here and even in the communist utopia I could not find pork chops last week.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Nothing I've seen locally, we're in the sticks but typically will drive 30-45 minutes and hit Meijer or Kroger on the weekends.

I'll have to check out the Cloverdale Market.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Earlier this year I was in Walmart for some odd reason, don't remember why. I avoid Walmart for various reasons.

Thought I'd pick up something different as far as fresh meat. I was amazed at Walmart's high pricing on meats I frequently use. Half again higher to double the price of Kroger, Aldi or Fresh Thyme sales.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just looked them up. The prices seem to be pretty good. How's the quality?
    Better than your average grocery store. They are known for meats and deli. Check the meat special page every week to get what you like. I have never been disappointed. We like to get freezer beef but there are never enough of steaks, roasts etc. They fill the gap nicely. And their pepper jack cheese.....taste like PEPPER jack cheese not pepper JACK cheese.

They cut all the meat as you wait or you can buy uncut steaks and do it yourself.

Stuff is often min 5 lb to get best deals.

They have 2 other locations somewheres....Morresvill maybe?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't know what i am doing wrong....meal deal is sand, 4pc nugget, small fry, and we got large drinks which is an upcharge.

1000017497.jpg

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Better than your average grocery store. They are known for meats and deli. Check the meat special page every week to get what you like. I have never been disappointed. We like to get freezer beef but there are never enough of steaks, roasts etc. They fill the gap nicely. And their pepper jack cheese.....taste like PEPPER jack cheese not pepper JACK cheese.

They cut all the meat as you wait or you can buy uncut steaks and do it yourself.

Stuff is often min 5 lb to get best deals.

They have 2 other locations somewheres....Morresvill maybe?
    Mooresville and Gosport, I think.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Me and buddy split a beef once a year. I grumble about paying about $1000 for it. (It comes out a little over $3 a lb.) Then I walk into the grocery store. Ugh. Happy to pay for the 1/2 beef.
    Yeah but you always run out of steaks before hamburger :)

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Yeah but you always run out of steaks before hamburger :)
    I can handle that at $3 a lb for steaks. It also depends how you have it cut. (Don't want certain cuts, then they get turned into burger.) And you need to make sure you have the freezer space.

Hey I pass the good stuff to the neighbor... Heart, tongue, liver and Ox tail.

Top Bottom