• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can handle that at $3 a lb for steaks. It also depends how you have it cut. (Don't want certain cuts, then they get turned into burger.) And you need to make sure you have the freezer space.

Hey I pass the good stuff to the neighbor... Heart, tongue, liver and Ox tail.
    Yeah. We have a full size chest, full size upright then the one below the french doors all stuffed :) I like to keep hog, beef, lamb all in there and of course all sorts of whole fowl

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Yeah. We have a full size chest, full size upright then the one below the french doors all stuffed :) I like to keep hog, beef, lamb all in there and of course all sorts of whole fowl
    We keep one chest for beef the other for the rest. Biggest ones we can get in the basement. Temp sensors on them.
    I still have to figure out how they do steaks at the restaurants. (sounds like a way to hijack a thread)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We keep one chest for beef the other for the rest. Biggest ones we can get in the basement. Temp sensors on them.
    I still have to figure out how they do steaks at the restaurants. (sounds like a way to hijack a thread)
    Look into Sous Vide. Thats how a lot of them do it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yep. For sure. 100% bird flu and weather.

I seem to remember something about a startlingly coincidental burning down of multiple food production facilities around this country in a relatively short time period. Funny no one bothered to investigate that, it's not like a country like China would have any motivation to attack our food supply. We were too busy following parents home from PTA meetings.

I wonder what a gallon of gas might cost right now had we:
    A. Not emptied our petroleum reserves to cover up our incompetence.
    B. Not killed the Keystone pipeline within the first 15 seconds after the Chinese sympathizer and the communist took office?

Don't let me forget about how much more affordable health care is now that Obama fixed it.

Yeah, birds and weather did it. I'm ready for the next great depression, I just hope it comes before January so no one can shift the blame.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I wonder what a gallon of gas might cost right now had we:
    A. Not emptied our petroleum reserves to cover up our incompetence.
    B. Not killed the Keystone pipeline within the first 15 seconds after the Chinese sympathizer and the communist took office?
    With an attitude like that you must be rassist....

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    How bad is inflation?

My 72 year old dad, who is a retired master carpenter of 40 years in the union just asked me if he could come to work with me at my security company because “inflation is killing us.”

The mortgage is paid off, the car bills aren’t outlandish, and it’s just him and mom on his union pension.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How bad is inflation?

My 72 year old dad, who is a retired master carpenter of 40 years in the union just asked me if he could come to work with me at my security company because “inflation is killing us.”

The mortgage is paid off, the car bills aren’t outlandish, and it’s just him and mom on his union pension.
    Hasn't anyone told him he's supposed to go beg the government for help and vote democrat from now on as they intend?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In the 70s when the country got a jolt on energy costs it was in the price of all commodities as everything has to move between supplier and consumer. This was lumped on top of the deficit spending the government was doing so inflation suddenly became a political issue. Anybody remember the "WIN" buttons? The 80s were the decade where we first crashed the economy with interest rates to stop inflation, but not for long. The 90s were where inflation sandbagged the public. Manufacturing moving to mexico and later china reduced the cost of so many manufactured products that it looked like inflation was dead. It wasn't, and if you were putting kids through college you noticed it going up along with your health insurance and other government related items, while customers were asking you for cost reductions. This attitude persisted, bringing on things like $35 for tires that caused the big issue with the Ford Explorer crashing and killing families. Those days are gone and you won't get any further discounts from mexico or china so when the government goes on a spending tear to enrich it's friends and pick economic winners it's quickly showing up in inflation.

Top Bottom