• ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Caleb:

(not sure what is still active with the NDA you had to sign, so I'll try to stick to general questions about the behind the scenes stuff)

What was the procedure with the show, once you were out?

Did you immediately get stuck on a plane and back home, or did they have a cooling off house for all of the past competitors to chill at until the production was over?

Did you have to haul your pack through 30 miles of desert with only one firearm and single bottle of water?

And, did you get to keep your totally awesome Blue Team shirts?

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Once eliminated, they set me up in a hotel for a day and then I flew home.

Yes, I did get to keep the shirt, in fact I wear them to matches occasionally because they're really nice shirts!

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Caleb:

Just listened to your gunnuts.net show on your experience at Top Shot. Nice show!
    I'd recommend to those monitoring this thread to check it out. Caleb has a lot more to say. www.gunnets.net

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    did adam and the Lady get their shirts mixed up since they both have breast?

Adam posted bragging on his facebook page he was still on the show at episode six just a couple days ago.

I'm thinking it seems like that would be a violation of his contract agreement in leeking info about episodes to come.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I'm surprised that FB hasn't broken seeing it's got the largest.....what was the word used earlier in this thread......

oh yea Douche Field man I love that term. I need to go back to the original post and rep the dude!

I'm not good with photoshop, but anyone who is could change Adam's shirt in the pic to "The last great American Douche Field"

Oh the possiblities!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    So i guess this thread isn't locked yet... I don't know if anybody actually watched it tonight, but it could have been my favorite one yet. Mostly because i love single actions.

The challenge was the best/funniest one yet! I loved it! My friends and I where almost crying at their card choices. I'm not saying i could do better on the spot, but just watching, it was hilarious. They did shoot well though, so it does suck that kelly won just because andre was really really bad at poker. Of course, i think kelly is a much better shooter anyway, but he missed and andre didn't. And andre still went home.

I think next week's episode should be great. I wish caleb was there to clean house!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    How has no one posted about tonight's show yet? :D I'm usually the one tardy to the party...:laugh:

Anywho, I guess I'll get it started:

-Not surprised to see Denny have a hard time in the team challenge, due to the stress, but I was surprised by the elimination challenge.

-The winner of the elimination challenge had some strategy going in the end.

(Posted trying to avoid spoilers for the DVR folks.)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The challenge was the best/funniest one yet! I loved it! My friends and I where almost crying at their card choices.

I know, but both Kelly and Andre said that they were not poker players.

To his credit Andre did shoot straight (under pressure) during the challenge.

Question for INGO poker players: didn't Andre first hand, a royal flush in spades, beat Kelly's royal flush?

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I know, but both Kelly and Andre said that they were not poker players.

To his credit Andre did shoot straight (under pressure) during the challenge.

Question for INGO poker players: didn't Andre first hand, a royal flush in spades, beat Kelly's royal flush?

Yes in Hoyle Poker the suit of Spades is the highest suit, so if two players happened to have the same royal flush it goes by suit, I'm pretty sure that it goes Spades, Hearts, Diamonds then Clubs.

All Andre had to do to win was shoot two more spades, Kelly would not have been able to win, he wasted a shot on a spade and missed I belive, so his only 5 cards were the 3 5's. I was shocked that no one went for 4 of a kind, or a full house.

As for the team challenge, man the blue team looked good, loved seeing the douche field affect Adam I'm glad he was the only blue member who missed. Wished Red would have won so that Adam would be in the elimination challenge again. As soon as he started talking smack to Denny I got ticked again and said to my wife "oh yea I forgot, not all of us are the Last Great American Hero." Man I find that shirt offensive.....

What really suprised me was that Denny didn't listen to Pete after his second miss, Pete said and you could clearly see he was hitting left, great group left if I might add.

Was a great episode and I'm really looking forward to next week with all the trick shots. I think they are going to struggle with this because trick shooters only shoot those shots about how all the comp guys run through thousands of rounds in practice stages.

On one last side note, I think that the pressure was greater on Kelly and Andre because there was a lot of time between shots. After every shot someone had to go down range and post those big cards on the side of the range. Would have made it a very mental game. Plus there were two more royal flushes on the board still, Diamonds and Clubs. I think that's what Pete and Brad were shaking thier heads over.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I don't think that was a very good shooting competition, Andre never missed. I would have had a hard time with it also, because I would have went for a Flush, and probably got one, then still got beat by 4 of a kind. Kelly still had one card left, when Andre was drawing dead. Why Andre shot red when Kelly missed. Watching, still couldn't figure out what they were trying to do. And yes, they should have both started trying to get the other 2 Royals.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Pete, is the Marine on the red that shot the best right? I realy like that guy!!!

I was all for kelly, but he seems like he has a mangina to me. and lacks all around skill. but with time could be molded into a good all around shooter i believe.

i realy like JJ, and blake too. of coarse, who doesnt.

Andre, just totaly FAILED in my opinion in the challenge. i was shocked to be honest. i liked him. he deserved to stay there more than kelly in my opinion.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Surprised Denny didn't volunteer, but still think he should have told Adam to shut his mouth when Adam was grilling him about it. Denny seemed like the kid of guy that would have wanted to do the right thing.

I throw up a little in mouth whenever they interview Adam.

Only 4 episodes left? There's still 10 people left.

Top Bottom