• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Apparently the Enos thread got closed because someone called Adam an a-hole (but without the editing) which isn't how they roll over there. I'm cool with that getting closed, although I do miss some of the encouragement and positive comments!

The one thing about adjusting the sights - the sights on that gun are only adjustable for elevation, not windage. I had a sort of funny feeling that we'd be doing the hangman shot (I don't know why) but it made sense in the scope of the practice. So once I had windage doped, I wasn't really worried about elevation. Plus it helped that my gun shot a perfect "6 o'clock" hold type at the ladder.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Apparently the Enos thread got closed because someone called Adam an a-hole (but without the editing) which isn't how they roll over there. I'm cool with that getting closed, although I do miss some of the encouragement and positive comments!

The one thing about adjusting the sights - the sights on that gun are only adjustable for elevation, not windage. I had a sort of funny feeling that we'd be doing the hangman shot (I don't know why) but it made sense in the scope of the practice. So once I had windage doped, I wasn't really worried about elevation. Plus it helped that my gun shot a perfect "6 o'clock" hold type at the ladder.

Well son-of-a....I guess they don't like the truth over there much :)

Seriously it made me mad! I have great respect for all the branches of the Military and this dude just made himself look like a real horses ass on National TV and using the Coast Guard **** and your size was just his way of trying to look better because he knows he fubared it.

I'm sad you didn't make it farther Caleb, but I still would love to hang out and shoot with you some more :) Any guy who wears a shirt that says "The last great American Hero" can't even wash my sack.

My heros are the proud and humble service members who have gone before and after me. Like my little brother who will be heading back over for his third tour. Not a dbag former marine who's a backstabber. I hope Pete and Andre whoop his ass for crap like that as a former Marine and current AD Army guy.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I swear if he said "rat fink" one more time, I was going to look him up on the internet, find his address, and call the local exterminator and complain of a rat infestation at his house everyday for a month....

Caleb, you did great and I was sorry to see you get railroaded. A big +1 to you for exhibiting Hoosier values and being the better man. IF there was ever anybody who did a great job of encouraging people NOT to enlist for the Marines, it was Adam that episode.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone know where Adam la D**che lives (in general)?

I'm wondering if any of us will ever cross paths with his D**che Field at a match.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Yeah when confronted by a backstabber looking to frag his teamates you took the right path.

I couldn't believe how much spin and backpedalin Adam was trying. Weasel to say the least. Him and his 8 strategies can kiss ur dupa.lol
    The world saw him for what he is and anyone who thinks that he was just playin the game probably would be a backstabber as well.

Now as for peteey grinning like he just saw his first pair of panties while listening to Caleb, JJ and Blake was just as goofy. Talk about a whanker I seriously thought he was tossin one off by the look of glee on his face.

Funny how it works out.

I haven't rewatched the moment but it actually looked like Adam cranked the rear sight adjustment over when he was finished. Probably more poor sportsmanship to tweak Caleb.

Don't know how I would have dealt with Adam from jump but as far as you knew from what we saw it was his plan solo and he had not held court with those other taint tasters.

Good call Caleb. Sorry u didn't smoke him in the challenge. We were cheerin for ya.lol

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was really hoping that Adam dude would lose. I mean, come on. "Rat finking" is bad, but stabbing your own teammates in the back is okay?

The irony was thick. Every single time he said anything about ratting, all I could think was "backstabbing" and "whining crybabying."

Seriously? That backstabbing buddyf'er was a marine?

We were cheering for you, Caleb. I hate backstabbers with a passion.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Ahab, Question about the shooting in general, if you don't mind...

Were you told how to do the shooting? It seems all the contestants were shooting the same way, eg from kneeling with the kentucky rifle, standing with the AR and also in your shoot off.

I'm surprised no one has gamed it at all? Unless told otherwise, I'd have used the table for support w/ the AR and when shooting at the rope with the Winchester, and gone prone for the 125yd shot w/ the kentucky gun.

Thanks!
    -rvb

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Ahab, Question about the shooting in general, if you don't mind...

Were you told how to do the shooting? It seems all the contestants were shooting the same way, eg from kneeling with the kentucky rifle, standing with the AR and also in your shoot off.

I'm surprised no one has gamed it at all? Unless told otherwise, I'd have used the table for support w/ the AR and when shooting at the rope with the Winchester, and gone prone for the 125yd shot w/ the kentucky gun.

Thanks!
    -rvb

Ryan, yes we were instructed on which shooting positions to use during the actual competitions. The AR and Winchester challenges we were told to stand and engage the targets, and on the flintlock challenge the instructions were to use the "traditional" kneeling position that would have been common around the Revolution.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I wish the show would take the voting politics out and make it all about the shooting.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I wish the show would take the voting politics out and make it all about the shooting.

Honestly, I would have loved that! But then it wouldn't be on the History Channel and probably wouldn't have nearly the ratings it does. It's kind of a double edged sword - you can have an awesome show about shooting like 3-Gun Nation on Vs. and bring in a dedicated core audience, or you can have a show like Top Shot that doesn't necessarily bring the hard core but brings a lot more casual fans.

Top Bottom