• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

How much current flows through there? It would be easy to run two xm-l along with a driver that could be dimmable...need to see light fixture disasembled to figure out heatsinking

Correction:

You can three xm-l at 12 volts, and at 3amps you should get about 2400 lumens per light fixture... And will run you 36 watts an hour at full 3 amps.

Last edited:

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Seeking handymen in NW Indiana for major rehab jobs

Greetings: I have at least one position available immediately for a handyman skilled in all areas of construction/rehab. I am in the process of closing on a 13 unit building in East Chicago that needs everything re-done. This could be at least a 2-3 month project. Electrical/plumbing/all facets of remodeling/construction skills desired. Must be willing and able to work with a MINIMUM of supervision. I also have properties in Portage and Lake Station that need work as well until closing is complete on this property. Pay ranges from $12-20/hour based on your skillset. Seeking only those with a strong work ethic.

Contractors will be paid every Friday. We do not deduct taxes. You are responsible for filing your own tax return. We do not issue 1099's. You will be considered an "Independent Contractor". Must have own tools and reliable transportation and be willing to work until the job is done.

If you are interested, please PM me or call 219.364.6229.

Thanks,

Erick

Last edited:

blparker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Looking for a motorcycle mechanic to get a 1972 Honda Trail 90 running. It ran about 5 years ago but has been sitting since. Prefer Indianapolis but can take it to one of the surrounding counties.

I am interested in helping you out on your 90. I am located in Muncie. Not sure if that's to far or not. Probably just a carb cleaning if I had to take a guess. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Ben Parker
    765-635-4978
    blparker@anderson.edu

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I inherited a home on the south side of Indy. I'm looking for someone experienced who can install some laminated flooring and also someone who can do a basic bathroom remodel. Any recommendations would be very helpful.
    Thanks

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Truck Work Needed

Need the idler and pitman arms replaced on my 1992 Chevy K1500. I'll buy the parts, but need someone to install them that will be inexpensive and perhaps be willing to make payment arrangements. Live close to Columbus. Needs to be done soon, and will be buying the parts soon. Please PM me. Thanks!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Need the idler and pitman arms replaced on my 1992 Chevy K1500. I'll buy the parts, but need someone to install them that will be inexpensive and perhaps be willing to make payment arrangements. Live close to Columbus. Needs to be done soon, and will be buying the parts soon. Please PM me. Thanks!

Isn't that an easy job?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I know it requires dropping the gear box. We do not have a level driveway, lifts, or the knowhow to do it.

Level surfaces help... If I didn't start school tomorrow, I'd take a look at it but my schedule is pretty tight the next 16 weeks or so.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Possible job needed: My sister's fiance offered to change my oil not long ago but ended up rounding the oil pan plug to uselessness. Anybody with mechanical experience can help me? Let me know your price...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Possible job needed: My sister's fiance offered to change my oil not long ago but ended up rounding the oil pan plug to uselessness. Anybody with mechanical experience can help me? Let me know your price...

Good vice grips are your friend if you have the clearance... Will just need some muscle to clamp it down tight enough. I have done this on rounded laugh nuts before.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    not enough clearance IIRC...another option?

If you can get a wrench on it I bet you could at least get needle nose vice grips on it. You only need enough clearance to break it loose. Other option is drilling it and using an easy out....

Would baby vice grips work? Hopefully tis guy did not crab it down super tight.

Worse comes to worse if it is easy to pull the pan then that might be a good option.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    If you can get a wrench on it I bet you could at least get needle nose vice grips on it. You only need enough clearance to break it loose. Other option is drilling it and using an easy out....

Would baby vice grips work? Hopefully tis guy did not crab it down super tight.

Worse comes to worse if it is easy to pull the pan then that might be a good option.

I was thinking about those special sockets that bites down on the head as it tries to loosen the bolt

Top Bottom