• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    I need a pool guy. A plumber I am not an my main circulation pump on my pool has failed. I don't want to get nailed by a random pool place and my wife will not "let me" just order one for the DIY.

PM please

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If anyone near Terre Haute has any cable tv expierence, I need ends put on cable tv rg6. I will run the rg6, I just need the main feed line split and ends puts on the split main feed line and then ends put on a line to my bedroom.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    If anyone near Terre Haute has any cable tv expierence, I need ends put on cable tv rg6. I will run the rg6, I just need the main feed line split and ends puts on the split main feed line and then ends put on a line to my bedroom.

Go to lowes and buy yourself quality crimpers

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Go to lowes and buy yourself quality crimpers

Get the red coax strippers, put it on the coax end with the arrow pointing to the end of the coax... Turn it a few time then pull it off in a wire striping motion. Use some side cuts to carefully remove the foil you will see. Carefully pull back the steel strands of wire, place the connecter on the coax, a twisting while pushing motion helps... Push into the white core substance is flush or near flush.... Use crimper to secure....

For the cost of the stripper and crimper you can do it yourself easily.

Oh try and stick with the same fittings with all the cables along with wall plates.... Mix matching them can sometimes cause issues.

I bet there is a YouTube video on doing it, i would do it for you but am in Indy.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I asked an engineer for the radio station (worked for the tv part to before we were separated) and he said he would, but I have yet to catch him. I need to drill a hole into the corner of my bedroom (which I hate to do because it is old hardwood!) and run the cable into the basement. I also need to get a three way splitter (one goes to continue to the front room and other bedroom, one goes to my bedroom and one goes to a tv in the basement). Another engineer that lives close to me is thinking about it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I asked an engineer for the radio station (worked for the tv part to before we were separated) and he said he would, but I have yet to catch him. I need to drill a hole into the corner of my bedroom (which I hate to do because it is old hardwood!) and run the cable into the basement. I also need to get a three way splitter (one goes to continue to the front room and other bedroom, one goes to my bedroom and one goes to a tv in the basement). Another engineer that lives close to me is thinking about it.

If the basement is not finished (ceiling) find the wall you want the coax to be in and drill into the wall from the basement, even on an outside wall there is usually enough room to do it at a slight angle then. The more splitters the more issues... Just about every cable provider system does not like more then 2.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Thanks you for being helpful tactical Dave...i only have done coaxial cables a couple times, I'm more into rj11 and rj45 as I'm into networking.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Thanks you for being helpful tactical Dave...i only have done coaxial cables a couple times, I'm more into rj11 and rj45 as I'm into networking.

I perfer the 45 and 11 myself... If you can make those ends get a compression tool and striper and do it yourself. Do yourself a favor and have only one splitter, even if you are using bunny ears it will save you headaches later.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I perfer the 45 and 11 myself... If you can make those ends get a compression tool and striper and do it yourself. Do yourself a favor and have only one splitter, even if you are using bunny ears it will save you headaches later.

Indeed...even if you have to run individual cable to each room to the one splitter box, this would be best.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    As far as I know, there is only one splitter on the line (to the living room and main bedroom). I want to run a three way, so that would make two splitters (granted once it gets to my room, it would be split again for my internet modem and the other one to my dvr>tv).

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Looking for a motorcycle mechanic to get a 1972 Honda Trail 90 running. It ran about 5 years ago but has been sitting since. Prefer Indianapolis but can take it to one of the surrounding counties.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    South Bend.

Need a pool light fixed. It's a 12 volt light that uses 2 halogen bulbs. The fixture is shot. I want it converted to a 12 vol LED. Basically I just need the fixture inside the lens changed to accept an led or two insted of the halogens.

Picture of said light?

Top Bottom