• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Have ye not heard the Gay slogan? Gay by eight or its too late?

I have only heard that from straight people. BTW: most pedo's are not gay, they are just evil - try not to confuse the two.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I dont want sexuality force discussed in schools anymore than I want religion to dictate my views. To call homosexuality sick flies in the face of nature, however, it corresponds to ideals of particular religions. There are a percentage of animals in nature of each type that are gay, science has proven that. Humans are gay as well, that is proven as well. I have had many gay friends and I have never thought it necessary to call them sick or misguided as it never comes up. I have, unfortunately, been around people who have ridiculed them for being gay. The people ridiculing them are self proclaimed Christians. The same christians that claim they are loved by their god, but cuss, steal, cut people off in traffic and oppose causes that could save millions of lives each year (stem cell research). But, for every bad christian I met, I met about 500 good ones :) I went to a Catholic school and saw the most horrific apostacies and hipocracies known to Catholicism, in the place of learning.

Federal funding of gay situations is a little out there, however, children LEARNING about gays isn't terrible. If you train children to hate anything different from what they are taught, then they have little to no ability to cooperate and succeed in a modern world. If I stayed with my parent's teachings, I would be in a cave in Mars, with my fingers in my ears, my eyes shut and blaring music to drown out any sounds. This is not saying that folks will teach their children to be this way, but there are some folks that do teach thier children to hate ANYTHING different.

I guess I desire that people teach their children facts, but also teach children their views, sort of a way of letting the kids to sort them out. My parents eventually allowed me to do this and I came up an amoral crackpot. However, many others have led successful socially fulfilling lives. Dont be close minded to the world, have your views, share them with your kids, but teach your kids facts, not policies. Federal money should not be used to do the views part, just the facts.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have only heard that from straight people. BTW: most pedo's are not gay, they are just evil - try not to confuse the two.

That is 100% correct, something I hope we all can agree upon. Pedos are just sick, power mongers that have little to no ability to control their own lives, so they ruin other's by fear, molestation and controlling relationships.

Homosexuality isn't a choice, its a biological thing that can't be ruled by the affectations of man or god. Trying to "correct" a gay is madness IMHO. Like trying to make a person gay if they are hetero. Imagine trying to be gay, when you are not. Little difference, only in that the gays are a smaller percentage of the nation. But take into consideration the folks that think gays are wrong are similar in their low percentage, compared on whole with general society.

I would not group homosexuality into Decadence, as previously mentioned, particularly when the percentage of gay humans almost matches observed gay animal percentages.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

:+1:

Being gay has nothing to do with pedophilia. That's just an ignorant link that people try to make to lump homosexuality with behavior that is universally abhorrent.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    But some people, including myself, don't believe in your bible, so again how is it you want to enforce your sense of morality on me?

Absolutely. Teach facts, not opinion as fact.

Who says I'm forcing my sense of morality on you? I simply stated my opinion like everyone else. Whether you choose to believe in the Bible or not doesn't change what it is. ;)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Schools should worry about education, period. I dont care about anyones sexual or religious preference. Whatever floats your boat. Parents should teach kids values, not schools.:twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I watched most of the video. Much I knew. Things about forced learning in schools I had no idea about. If i find out my kids are learning this I will be going into school and talking to them. If I have to homeschool my kids for a year or two.

Being gay is wrong. Both sides, male and female. I don't mind that you are, just don't do your gay thing around me. I don't wanna see two dudes kiss. That's gross! Now two girls OTOH.... Yes, that's sexist. That's MY RIGHT. I have freedom of opinion and thought through GOD. Not some piece of paper and some guy telling me this is right and this is wrong.

Let them pass Hate Crime Laws. Just as with an AWB it won't make a damn bit of difference. Except to those of us like us who are on the verge of saying :fawk:.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't mean to sound like I am approving of this behavior. Correct me if I am wrong, is not our government trying to strip us of our rights more important than someones sexuality.

Personally I don't care what you do behind your doors. Nope not one little bit. You have to settle with the head of whatever religion you happen to believe in when you go to heaven or where ever. :twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The same people who gave us the amendents as in the second believed in that bible and that God does dictate morality!

Yes they did. And from that they hammered out a social contract that best protects each of our abilities to live out our religious freedoms. I am most thankful to them for it.

At the same time, they were the descendants of those who fled countries that had allowed religion to take over the body politic and end individual religious freedoms. That is the difference here: a full awareness of the centrality of morality, but acceptance that freedom requires each of us to resist the temptation of taking another's freedoms - even in the name of morality.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I love how some people think a percentage of the population showing homosexual tendencies is somehow against nature when it's quite prevalent in the animal kingdom. Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at similar rates to humans.

I find it even more mind boggling that people believe it's a choice. Who would do that to themselves? Why yes I want to purposefully make my life harder, **** off a large percentage of the world at me, and suffer through relationships with people I don't find attractive. Homosexuality doesn't become 'popular' or 'cool', unless you think acceptance and equal rights makes something popular. What kind of sheep do you think you are raising that you fear they'll suddenly decide they are gay just because someone says it isn't wrong.

You could tell me all day long it's ok to be gay and I'm still not going to suddenly be attracted to guys.

Another interesting reading on the bible and homosexuality Does the Bible Condemn Homosexuality? An Interview with Dr Reverend Cheri DiNovo
    Why is it when faced with two equally reasonable readings of biblical verse that the people commanded to love thy neighbor and withhold judgement choose the reading that compels them to view other humans not harming anyone as vile and repugnant? I can't help but think if Homosexuality was such a hot button issue with god it would have rated in the top ten over swearing or jealousy. Or hell maybe when he had his son on earth he would have had him leave a message about it.

Now you can argue against PC and indoctrination and other things, but frankly I think it's wasted effort. Raise your children with love and dedication and you don't have to live in fear that someone exposing them to ideas will somehow endanger them. Teach them to examine facts and make decisions for themselves, because no matter how hard you try most people reach the point where they make decisions on their own. How well have you prepared them to think for themselves? That is the important question not is someone teaching my child something I don't believe in. :soapbox: /off soapbox.

The same people who gave us the amendents as in the second believed in that bible and that God does dictate morality!
    Actually several of them including the main author of the amendments Madison were deists, so no they didn't.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I am friends with a couple of folks who are gay. They clearly did not make a "choice" to be gay. They don't ever remember feeling anything other than gay. They aren't confused. They don't have sexual identity issues.

They also don't try to push their lifestyle on me. I've met their "significant others". It just isn't that big of deal to me.

I'm not worried about my son becoming gay because he hangs out around a gay person. It isn't going to rub off. It's not a disease.

Just my humble opinion.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The issue isn't whether you think that homosexuality is wrong, it's perfectly okay to think so. That's a personal choice. You only cross the line when you use force - and laws are force - to prevent others from exercising their personal choices.

Schools should stay silent on the issue of whether homosexuality is right or wrong, just as they should stay silent on many other issues that should be dealt with at home.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    And yet this is the result of tying benefits and government involvement to a religious state of being. In so doing you invite in everyone. By allowing the government to be an agency that defines marriage, you let government (and all the people) be involved in that definition. Moreso when it determines benefits, etc.

You want to keep marriage "pure" or purely religious? Keep it out of the government's hands. Otherwise.... too bad.
    AMEN! (oops)

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    The thread started as help stop the homosexual agenda in our schools and government. If you don't see any reason to stop the homosexual agenda in our schools or our gov't then you shouldn't have read the post.
    I won't go through your post and disect it as that would turn this into a war and not a debate.
    I just wanted to get the word out Ya'll can do with it what you want. That being said , being a straight , christian, gun owning republican ( I'm not a racist) is the only cool way to be don't ya know?
    and you're not homophobic either...are you?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    and you're not homophobic either...are you?

Another word created by that agenda in their attempt to be-little people who stand against them. They like words that make them feel superior in their actions; but, the words are really meant to make their actions seem socially acceptable. Shame that you are using it...

it's like 'global warming' activists spending $40K on a electric car that STILL uses gas, and now uses electricity too. But, they are 'doing their part'... gasophobics?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Another word created by that agenda in their attempt to be-little people who stand against them. They like words that make them feel superior in their actions; but, the words are really meant to make their actions seem socially acceptable. Shame that you are using it...

it's like 'global warming' activists spending $40K on a electric car that STILL uses gas, and now uses electricity too. But, they are 'doing their part'... gasophobics?
    OK, how about, I don't fear what can't harm me. I can't be recruited into a homosexual (another made up word?)lifestyle and since I raised two sons who aren't bigots and who also allow others to excersise their rights AND whose wife has taught in public schools for over twenty years and hasn't seen any sign of a homosexual agenda, I have to put wonder what pamphlet did you get your ideas from?

Top Bottom