• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yup

Oh heaven forbid we get any Muslim gun owners (they are all radical, violent, terrorists don't 'ya know) joining us, we'd probably have to start whole threads about how we need to . . . oh never mind!

canu.gif

I'm sorry, if I was a gay, or if you were gay, exactly which posts represent the non-radical quiet, "just leave us alone," gay point of view?

Sure that would happen in a civil way.

Yours, and some of these:

And I am man enough to let consenting adults do what is their business and freedom to do. This is one of those funny places where social conservatives and libertarians can break apart. Why? Because someone else's being gay is none of my business........

I don't care what people do behind closed doors. I don't care if people create legal unions for benefits.

When a group tries to impose its agenda on others by force - and it's usually through the government - freedom-loving people should stand against that. Freedom-loving homosexuals should stand against a government-enforced gay agenda, and freedom-loving Christians should stand against a government-enforced social agenda. The principle of freedom requires that you stand against forcing values on others, even if you might happen to agree with the values themselves.

I do not think there is any conspiracy by homosexuals to control the country. I have close family whom I love dearly that are gay. I grew up knowing what it was and never had a problem with it. I just what them to be happy, like the rest of my family. I will NEVER exclude them nor wish them ill. I have fellow officers that are openly gay that fight the good fight right along side with me. I will NEVER wish them ill. They bleed with me. I have little to fear with schools, my children have been introduced to it long before the school could "indoctrinate" them. My kids when to a private school where they had friends from many different countries, different religions, and different sexual orientations. Parents from Saudi Arabia, Dubai, China, Vietnam, Africa. Friends with from single parents. Friends with 2 moms and kids with 2 dads.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I think that the acceptance and tolerance of the homosexual movement is just one more example of the moral decay of our society as a whole. I don't hate gay people, I like them just as much as anyone else I meet. Caring for them as fellow image bearers of Christ means letting them know that their lifestyle is sinful and is ultimately going to lead them to eternal suffering.

Now, I happen to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. Gay rights are often compared to civil rights, women's rights, etc. but they are completely different things. There is nothing in the Bible that says it is wrong to be a woman or to be African American, but there is plenty to say about homosexuality being wrong.

Now, when people say this they automatically get slapped with a gay basher title and this message gets misinterpreted as anti-gay or gay-bashing, but to be completely honest it is much more about love than it is hate.

As always, just my opinion :)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    OK, wow who would have thought ;) I'm only going to refer to the OP because the thread has strayed all over the place. Public Education should be the Three R's + History. The educational system has become everything for everybody but education. The original post (my take anyway) was that our Government should be neutral and leave the sexual preferences out of the core curriculum but Government will not stop the social engineering of the population and the easiest way to do that is to indoctrinate the young. For argument sake, lets take homosexuality out of the equation and insert anti gun ownership, pro Obama rhetoric or insert your own pet peeve social agenda here.

Many were outraged when prior to the election many teachers and/or schools were singing the praises of Obama. I want fair but equal treatment for everyone. I am against hate crime legislation and any legislation that creates special classes within the population to further divide us. I will change no ones mind with whatever I type (and I'm tired of typing already) but I want it clear; I have eyes only for Evan :D and when he's not available I sleep with my sheepdog but alas she is female :rolleyes:

Religious beliefs and cultural values should be left to the individual families NOT the Public Schools :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I want fair but equal treatment for everyone. I am against hate crime legislation and any legislation that creates special classes within the population to further divide us. I will change no ones mind with whatever I type (and I'm tired of typing already) but I want it clear; I have eyes only for Evan :D and when he's not available I sleep with my sheepdog but alas she is female :rolleyes:

Rep for half of that post.

The rest of you can figure out which half. :D :dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When schools teach that homosexuality is a normal, acceptable lifestyle, they are preaching sin. They aren't being paid to do that, they are being paid, with my tax dollars, to teach reading, writing, and 'rithmatic. The liberal agenda being pushed on students today constitutes the government preaching the Humanist religion, and is unacceptable.
    I agree, it is not the school's job to teach tolerance...it is mine as the parent.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Sorry to voice my stance. I shall say this, it is America; people have the 'right' to act, think and do how they want. But, as was posted, as soon as the word 'homosexual' enters any public forum, that forum, whether law or political, has ceased to be a forum and has now transformed into a vehicle. The OP believed this to be wrong, so do I.
    Plus I am ashamed that early American values and morals are now considered extreme and un-normal. Amen.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Sorry to voice my stance. I shall say this, it is America; people have the 'right' to act, think and do how they want. But, as was posted, as soon as the word 'homosexual' enters any public forum, that forum, whether law or political, has ceased to be a forum and has now transformed into a vehicle. The OP believed this to be wrong, so do I.
    Plus I am ashamed that early American values and morals are now considered extreme and un-normal. Amen.

It is too bad that you get to point where you say you are sorry to voice your stance. Generally I think these discussions accomplish nothing and create ill feelings amongst people that otherwise get along well. There are some of us that are deeply religious, that believe the Bible when it says that homosexuality is an abomination. Hardly a neutral word. There are others then that reject this and feel it is a normal and glorious alternative. Not much middle ground between those positions. Then you add the dimension of typing at your computer and posting for the most part anonymously. People tend to say things they wouldn't say otherwise. They say things in ways that come across differently than meant. It just makes it tough to have civil discussions.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I think that the acceptance and tolerance of the homosexual movement is just one more example of the moral decay of our society as a whole. I don't hate gay people, I like them just as much as anyone else I meet. Caring for them as fellow image bearers of Christ means letting them know that their lifestyle is sinful and is ultimately going to lead them to eternal suffering.

Now, I happen to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. Gay rights are often compared to civil rights, women's rights, etc. but they are completely different things. There is nothing in the Bible that says it is wrong to be a woman or to be African American, but there is plenty to say about homosexuality being wrong.

Now, when people say this they automatically get slapped with a gay basher title and this message gets misinterpreted as anti-gay or gay-bashing, but to be completely honest it is much more about love than it is hate.

As always, just my opinion :)
    But some people, including myself, don't believe in your bible, so again how is it you want to enforce your sense of morality on me?

I agree, it is not the school's job to teach tolerance...it is mine as the parent.
    Absolutely. Teach facts, not opinion as fact.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    But some people, including myself, don't believe in your bible, so again how is it you want to enforce your sense of morality on me?

Absolutely. Teach facts, not opinion as fact.

Absolutely. And it is not factual that homosexuality is a normal, acceptable alternative lifestyle. Don't teach it in schools. You have no more right to force your morals on my kid than I do to force mine on yours.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Agreed. You have your opinion I have mine, my kids will make their decision, not taught it in a public school. Keep it out of the educational system 100%

Absolutely. And it is not factual that homosexuality is a normal, acceptable alternative lifestyle. Don't teach it in schools. You have no more right to force your morals on my kid than I do to force mine on yours.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    You don't believe in the Torah either then?

I have my opinion of the Torah/old testament. I believe I live in a moral way that satisfies God. I just don't have a problem with consenting adults doing as they wish when it harms noone. I get frustrated when people think that their sense of morality should dictate others. If I think somethings immoral, fine, but I can't force others to see that also.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Well we will have to agree to disagree about BOTH points.

This thread is anti-gay. And INGO, while generally friendly and generally very civil, seems to take the occasional swerve into intolerance.

Roughly 1 in 2 are gun owners. Roughly 1 in 12 are gay. Stands to reason that some members here may be gay and gun owners. Of the gays I know, none participate in the radical 'gay agenda' and most want to be left alone, just like most straight people I know.

Its odd though how so many Christians here seem to be passing all sorts of judgments by using such broad brush comments, then claiming they are not judging :n00b: Maybe I'm just a little to old to participate in some of these forums, maybe I've just seen too much. I am very INTOLERANT of many things, but I sure don't come to INGO to see people bash whole groups of people.

I respectfully disagree that this thread is anti-gay. I think Christians (and I cannot consider myself such) are in a tough spot. The Bible is pretty clear on the subject, so many Christians feel they must condemn the behavior.

I have no issue with homosexuals, yet I do agree that the political and cultural agenda of some homosexuals flies in the face of freedom.

I think there's room for those who say they cannot approve of gay behavior, as well as for gay folks.

I hope both types would feel welcome here.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a good time on this forum. I really do. However, I have yet to find my niche. I am an avid gun lover. I love my country and work very hard everyday in public service, doing my part for the betterment of this great country. I am old fashion when it comes to my family. I work hard so my wife has the flexibility to adjust her work schedule to be home more. I also have no problem with gay marriage even though I'm not gay, been with my wife for 16yrs, 9 married. Never cheated, never strayed, never faltered. I believe that this country is strong enough to support my fellow countrymen and all their diversity. These differences have been around since the dawn of man. The difference now is that more people are refusing to hide it. I am conservative in my own relationship but have more liberal views concerning society in general. I engage this forum and my fellow members because we share the same love for our 2nd amendment rights...and the rest of course ;). However, I find that there the similarities stop. I am more Libertarian than anything else and I'm not totally that either. If we want to broaden our support base we need broaden our minds. The anti's label us as rednecks who clutch our guns and bibles. I clutch our Constitution and nothing else, I defend it as well as look to it for guidance, daily. I just think that we will never break the stereotypes that others have of our group without opening our own minds. Whewwwww, thanks for letting me vent ;). I feel better now.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Denny brings up a good point-- that although we all have the common tie of gun ownership, we are still very different people with different views. And that's OK. Sometimes a topic such as this comes up, and it just shows us how different we really can be. That too, is OK.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am old fashion when it comes to my family. I work hard so my wife has the flexibility to adjust her work schedule to be home more. I also have no problem with gay marriage even though I'm not gay, been with my wife for 16yrs, 9 married. Never cheated, never strayed, never faltered. I believe that this country is strong enough to support my fellow countrymen and all their diversity.

+1. And frankly, if I were to put in my morality into law the first thing we would get is adulterer's prisons. But whenever I have suggested that, I get "it's a private matter" and that is the correct answer.

Doesn't change that I would love to see jail time for people who break families...

Oh, and before the first Clinton joke/question - yes, he should have done time...in one of my adulterer's prisons...

Top Bottom