• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    You've read the bible right? These are commandments punishable by a horrible death and condemnation. Along with the fact that you aren't allowed to shave your beard, your wife is unclean for 33 days after giving birth (66 if it's a girl! go-go double standards) and that it's immoral to wear clothing made of more then one fabric type. Not to mention I'm assuming you aren't perfectly restful on the sabbath and you don't follow through the commanded animal sacrifices either do you?

The sacrifice is complete. John 19:30.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You refer to a passage where Paul is talking to Timothy telling him all scripture is inspired by God. Do you really think Paul is referring to his own letter? Or more logically, to the scripture that Paul had available to him at the time, which is the only thing that makes any sense. Otherwise, to paraphrase, Paul was saying, "All scripture, to include this letter, which will someday be scripture, is inspired by God."

Doesn't make sense in the way you're using it.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Caveman...dittos on our post and I am still with ya. I know gay people who don't push it. I know thieves who don't try to make me believe thievery is acceptable. Same for my doper friends. What they do is a result of a three letter word spawned in garden a long time ago. We kind of shy away from it today because knowing what it is makes one look in the mirror and judge one's self. When they do so they want to cast blame at someone other than themselves for guilt.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Wow. Though no longer a Christian, I was raised that way from a small child to a young man. I challenge you to read that again and ask yourself if you really stand by it.

You're wearing your belief like a badge of rank.

I ask you - based on your own belief system - did God give his Word only to believers, or to everyone? And if He gave it to everyone, didn't He intend for them to understand it?

They can understand if they choose to do so. If they choose to understand it, and still remain unbelievers, they have not chosen wisely, and surely have no standing to instruct believers in the Word.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
    Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

But nowhere does Jesus say those people are any more barred from the Kingdom of God than any of the rest of us. In fact, Jesus makes clear that none of us are worthy of the Kingdom, and that none of us can get there save through His grace. Nowhere can I find a reference that says homosexuals cannot receive Jesus' grace anymore than any of the rest of us sinners cannot. We can ALL receive the gift Jesus gave us, if we are willing. That doesn't make their actions right, they are still called out as sinners, and the actions as immoral. Schools have no right to take on the role of preaching that my kids religious morals are wrong, and forcing them to parrot that "alternative lifestyles" are somehow acceptable.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They can understand if they choose to do so. If they choose to understand it, and still remain unbelievers, they have not chosen wisely, and surely have no standing to instruct believers in the Word.

I think I get it now. Some people can use scripture to make their point, but others of us, deemed not "believers" which I didn't claim to be or not to be, cannot argue back in the context of scripture, because we have no standing to instruct you believers in the Word.

Outstanding trump card. Use the Bible to make your point, then determine who may argue in a biblical context.

Kind of like using it to ward off vampires. Just lift it up between us, to keep us "non-believers" as determined by you off of you.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    But nowhere does Jesus say those people are any more barred from the Kingdom of God than any of the rest of us. In fact, Jesus makes clear that none of us are worthy of the Kingdom, and that none of us can get there save through His grace. Nowhere can I find a reference that says homosexuals cannot receive Jesus' grace anymore than any of the rest of us sinners cannot. We can ALL receive the gift Jesus gave us, if we are willing. That doesn't make their actions right, they are still called out as sinners, and the actions as immoral. Schools have no right to take on the role of preaching that my kids religious morals are wrong, and forcing them to parrot that "alternative lifestyles" are somehow acceptable.

:+1:

I agree with this entirely.

Lots of good conversation here.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Lets cut this biblical debate right here folks. You wanna debate the bible send each other you re-mail addresses or PM the heck out of each other. Just stop doing it here on my thread.
    Who likes bacon?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Lets cut this biblical debate right here folks. You wanna debate the bible send each other you re-mail addresses or PM the heck out of each other. Just stop doing it here on my thread.
    Who likes bacon?

Oh... well then, doesn't that kind of leave bigotry as the only argument against the schools teaching the homosexual agenda? I, personally, would kinda like to have a little more to stand on to support my stance.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    doesn't that kind of leave bigotry as the only argument against the schools teaching the homosexual agenda?
    I don't think so, Joe. I have stated that I don't want the schools teaching a values agenda at all, even one that I do believe in. To me, that is the appropriate stand to take.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I don't think so, Joe. I have stated that I don't want the schools teaching a values agenda at all, even one that I do believe in. To me, that is the appropriate stand to take.

But without a moral background, what more reason is there to stand against teaching respect for a homosexual lifestyle than there is for teaching respect for other differences such as race, gender, age, family wealth, etc.? True, it's a parent's job to teach such things, but I do want teachers backing it up at school. If my boy bullies and makes fun of a mentally handicapped child, I want a teacher correcting the situation, and letting me know so I can drop the thunder of Joe upon his little world. That's a values agenda, too.

Course, Christian values or not, I won't tolerate my boy bullying and harrassing a homosexual either, so perhaps you have a point, and we are really just talking about treating folks with respect.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Exactly. It is "only" a sin, just like the rest, and should not have its own fan club, political action committee, and support for teaching it in our children's schools.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Who likes bacon?

I had an email about bacon here after I just had some nasty McD's bacon egg and cheese with extra bacon. Is the coincidence or a sign from God that we should all play nice and have some more BACON? :dunno:

:D :rockwoot:

Top Bottom