• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Most of the time when Christians speak against homosexuality they are automatically slapped with a religious fanatic label because they are speaking from the heart. I don't force my opinions on anyone, but as a Christian I have to stand for what I believe in just like everyone else.

It's not just homosexuality, but sex overall. Just turn on the TV, you cannot watch a show anymore that doesn't have some kind of sexual element thrown into it. It's appalling what they allow on regular network TV anymore.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Most of the time when Christians speak against homosexuality they are automatically slapped with a religious fanatic label because they are speaking from the heart. I don't force my opinions on anyone, but as a Christian I have to stand for what I believe in just like everyone else.

It's not just homosexuality, but sex overall. Just turn on the TV, you cannot watch a show anymore that doesn't have some kind of sexual element thrown into it. It's appalling what they allow on regular network TV anymore.

Again, not being able to call myself a Christian, I still empathize with the Christian position. After all, some of my best friends are Christians. It's when you use the phrase "what they allow" that a shiver runs up my spine. They should be "allowed" to make whatever kind of show they want, and other people should be "allowed" to watch it if they want, and if you think it's wrong, you should be "allowed" to speak out against it. The word "allowed" indicates that someone should have the authority to stop what other people want to show and see. That's where the freedom train derails.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Eatsnopaste I'm happy you overcame your adhesive consumption issues. No I'm not a homophobe.They don't scare me. I am an anti-homosexual-agenda-ite though. You can call me that all day long. And homophobe is a term the homosexual agenda wants folks to use( along with bigot and redneck) to villify people like me that don't think we should have to look at it and read about it and deal with it on a daily basis.
    I wonder how many of these people that feel the need to support the homosexual agenda in this post have actually went to the website and watched the movie.This post is about THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA IN OUR SCHOOLS AND GOVERNMENT! The real issue is rights and laws and the constitution folks. I dare you to watch it.
    I'm not askin anybody to take away someone's rights because they aren't of the same persuasion as me. I am saying ya'll need to wake up and see what they are doing. They are downgrading rights for everyone by elevating themselves with hate crime legislation.Watch the dern thing....

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Dross watch the video I linked to in the original post and see how the folks that were arrested in SF were allowed to stand amidst the homsexual parade with their bibles and sing a song. They were arrested for singing on a sidewalk!
    Should they be allowed to force us through legislation and laws to say that their lifestyle is normal?
    I CHALLENGE YOU ALL TO WATCH IT!!!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Dross watch the video I linked to in the original post and see how the folks that were arrested in SF were allowed to stand amidst the homsexual parade with their bibles and sing a song. They were arrested for singing on a sidewalk!
    Should they be allowed to force us through legislation and laws to say that their lifestyle is normal?

I watched it. Same kind of propaganda used by the other side. The individuals who where arrested for"singing" where actually wait for it... In the wrong. They parade had filed and received permission by the city fathers to march along that route.

Should "they" be allowed to force legislation and laws on us to say their lifestyle is normal. Absolutely not! I don't want hate-crime against me crap as much as I get tired of hearing people spew "this nation was founded on christian ideals" hardline crap.

Whatever happened to you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone...

:twocents: YMMV

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008

That's why we don't have broadcast TV (or cable or satellite) in our home.

Nowhere in scripture does it say we should expect the world to adhere to our values. In fact, it says the opposite.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I dont want sexuality force discussed in schools anymore than I want religion to dictate my views. To call homosexuality sick flies in the face of nature, however, it corresponds to ideals of particular religions. There are a percentage of animals in nature of each type that are gay, science has proven that. Humans are gay as well, that is proven as well.

Please explain how homosexuality is natural. Are you saying that because certain animals and certain humans practice it, it should be respected? Before you say yes, think of other things that certain animals and certain humans do that should be seen as natural "because certain animals and certain humans practice it."

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I CHALLENGE YOU ALL TO WATCH IT!!!

I watched it until I had technical difficulties. It wasn't illuminating. Yes, there is a gay agenda out there that uses persuasive techniques - some of them ethically unfair - to promote its agenda. Big deal. Some of the things homosexuals want are anti-freedom, like forcing it on kids in schools. Hate crime legislation is anti-freedom in my book, but at the same time, a fight with someone with whom you disagree might just be a simple assault, whereas beating someone up because they're gay is more sinister and should be taken into account in sentencing.

Bottom line - I don't mind all the persuasion in the world, and I'll point out the unethical persuasion when I see it, whether from Christains or homosexuals. I'll also fight against coercion, also against either group.

The video would have made a stronger case if it hadn't drawn an equivocal line between gay free speech and gay attempts at coercion through law. That makes it guilty of some of the things it criticized when coming from the other side.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I love how some people think a percentage of the population showing homosexual tendencies is somehow against nature when it's quite prevalent in the animal kingdom. Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at similar rates to humans.
    I love how some people thing a percentage of the population committing murder is somehow against nature when it's quite prevalent in the animal kingdom. If it's ok for animals of the same species to murder one another and eat their own young, why shouldn't it be ok for humans?
    I find it even more mind boggling that people believe it's a choice. Who would do that to themselves?
    what about those who mutilate themselves? gluttons? anorexic? do they have any choice? why would they do that to themselves?
    I would agree that the desire is not a choice. It is a temptation like any other. It's one of the first temptations to get it's own political action committee. Homosexual conduct is the choice.
    Why yes I want to purposefully make my life harder, **** off a large percentage of the world at me, and suffer through relationships with people I don't find attractive. Homosexuality doesn't become 'popular' or 'cool', unless you think acceptance and equal rights makes something popular. What kind of sheep do you think you are raising that you fear they'll suddenly decide they are gay just because someone says it isn't wrong.
    When people do the above, we call that a social disorder, except when they do it through homosexual conduct. then we call it 'civil rights'
    You could tell me all day long it's ok to be gay and I'm still not going to suddenly be attracted to guys.

Another interesting reading on the bible and homosexuality Does the Bible Condemn Homosexuality? An Interview with Dr Reverend Cheri DiNovo
    Why is it when faced with two equally reasonable readings of biblical verse that the people commanded to love thy neighbor and withhold judgement choose the reading that compels them to view other humans not harming anyone as vile and repugnant? I can't help but think if Homosexuality was such a hot button issue with god it would have rated in the top ten over swearing or jealousy. Or hell maybe when he had his son on earth he would have had him leave a message about it.
    Why do non-Bible believers try to tell believers what the Bible has to say about anything?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Please explain how homosexuality is natural. Are you saying that because certain animals and certain humans practice it, it should be respected? Before you say yes, think of other things that certain animals and certain humans do that should be seen as natural "because certain animals and certain humans practice it."

I think the argument was countering an argument that is often made, that "homosexuality is unnatural." By using that argument, it is implied that because of its relative rarity, it is also bad. Which is like saying red hair is unnatural and therefore bad, because it's so rare, or that ambidextrousness is unnatural and bad, both of which were once thought of as bad for that very reason.

When a behavior occurs in all mammals, and it has occurred in human mammals throughout history, it's hard to call it "unnatural" and then extend the meaning of unnatural to mean a negative.

I don't think something being natural or unnatural deserves respect or disrespect on the basis of how natural it is. Serial killers are unnatural and bad. World class sprinters are unnatural and good.

My toddler likes to hug the other kids sometimes - that's natural and good. She also likes to take their toys away from them - that's natural and bad.

In my opinion, homosexuality is natural and neutral.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why do non-Bible believers try to tell believers what the Bible has to say about anything?

Wow. Though no longer a Christian, I was raised that way from a small child to a young man. I challenge you to read that again and ask yourself if you really stand by it.

You're wearing your belief like a badge of rank.

I ask you - based on your own belief system - did God give his Word only to believers, or to everyone? And if He gave it to everyone, didn't He intend for them to understand it?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    OK folks I don't care what ya'll think about whether or not homosexuality is right or wrong.
    Do you think they should be allowed to legislate other people into condoning their behavior? Do you think they should have more rights than a straight person? These are the important points . Lets discuss these things.....

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Wow. Though no longer a Christian, I was raised that way from a small child to a young man. I challenge you to read that again and ask yourself if you really stand by it.
    yes, I stand by it. It was a question, not a statement. I would not presume to interpret the meaning behind what is found in the Book of Mormon, or the writings of Mohammed, or of Scientology, because I do not believe in their philosophy, religion, or deities. Why would someone who does not believe in the authority of the scripture or in its message attempt to explain said message.
    You're wearing your belief like a badge of rank.
    and you, your unbelief.
    But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
    I ask you - based on your own belief system - did God give his Word only to believers, or to everyone? And if He gave it to everyone, didn't He intend for them to understand it?
    And I ask you, who by the evidence of your own words do not have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, how you can define the intent of the Holy Spirit in His words?
    Where does understanding come from? And what is the end result of understanding? If the end result of understanding is absent, then can there be any understanding?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    That is 100% correct, something I hope we all can agree upon. Pedos are just sick, power mongers that have little to no ability to control their own lives, so they ruin other's by fear, molestation and controlling relationships.

So a pedo is then what you would consider a bi-sexual, as they don't care which sex the child is, they just want the child?
    Aren't there pedo's that only go for one sex?
    I don't think that it is as easily as you have stated that they don't belong in with the homosexuals.

They are simply taking the same feelings/desires and rather than find a consenting adult to share their choice in sex with, they attack Innocent children instead.

Homosexuality isn't a choice, its a biological thing that can't be ruled by the affectations of man or god. Trying to "correct" a gay is madness IMHO. Like trying to make a person gay if they are hetero. Imagine trying to be gay, when you are not. Little difference, only in that the gays are a smaller percentage of the nation. But take into consideration the folks that think gays are wrong are similar in their low percentage, compared on whole with general society.
    Can't the same thing be said for pedo's...take your gay or homo text and replace it with pedo and then answer your question.

what about those who mutilate themselves? gluttons? anorexic? do they have any choice? why would they do that to themselves?

They were born to be fat :D
    It just felt natural to over eat!

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I love how some people thing a percentage of the population committing murder is somehow against nature when it's quite prevalent in the animal kingdom. If it's ok for animals of the same species to murder one another and eat their own young, why shouldn't it be ok for humans?
    I agree, murder is perfectly natural. However you are now arguing what is right versus what is natural which I did not do because that's the naturalistic fallacy. I merely pointed out that it's perfectly natural. Murder is natural as can be easily observed. We consider it wrong because it infringes upon others rights (namely the right to life). Homosexuality is natural, and it fails to be considered wrong by the same standard as murder, because it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others.

Basic recognized mental illnesses?

I would agree that the desire is not a choice. It is a temptation like any other. It's one of the first temptations to get it's own political action committee. Homosexual conduct is the choice.
    Homosexuality is a desire no different then heterosexuality. Why is one a temptation and one is perfectly natural?

When people do the above, we call that a social disorder, except when they do it through homosexual conduct. then we call it 'civil rights'
    Because animals don't experience self mutilation, anorexia, or other mental disorders, but they do experience homosexuality.

Because I find that I've often read more, and researched more about the bible then most 'believers'. Did you read the link I posted which was written by a bible-believer? Do you see no confusion in the fact that most sects of Christianity can't even agree if homosexuality is wrong? How is it that every christian who doesn't believe your interpretation is obviously a non believer? When Luther nailed the Theses to the door he was returning religion to the lay people. Anyone who can read the bible has the ability to comment on it.

Do you think they should be allowed to legislate other people into condoning their behavior? Do you think they should have more rights than a straight person?
    Condoning their behavior? As if it was wrong? you'll need to prove it's wrong first, which hasn't been done. No one expects them to have more rights, they are still trying to the same rights. If I honestly felt my freedoms were at risk I'd agree with you, but it just hasn't been demonstrated, the video you linked is the same biased propaganda you see on both sides of any argument.

Why would someone who does not believe in the authority of the scripture or in its message attempt to explain said message.
    Because that was the entire point of Christs teachings and the christian faith? And where do you get to assume someone isn't a believer?

who by the evidence of your own words do not have the guidance of the Holy Spirit
    Really the "I'm holier then thou" undermines any argument you might make. Of course you think the 95% of the world who doesn't believe exactly what you do is wrong and is obviously not blessed with the divine guidance you have been. There's no arguing with that, it's circular logic and self sealing fallacies.

They are simply taking the same feelings/desires and rather than find a consenting adult to share their choice in sex with, they attack Innocent children instead.
    Actually not correct. Many male on male pedophiles are heterosexuals.
    Also, please stop making the homosexuality pedophilia comparisons. If you can't understand the difference between consenting adults and children you really shouldn't be bragging about it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So a pedo is then what you would consider a bi-sexual, as they don't care which sex the child is, they just want the child?
    Aren't there pedo's that only go for one sex?
    I don't think that it is as easily as you have stated that they don't belong in with the homosexuals.

Can't the same thing be said for pedo's...take your gay or homo text and replace it with pedo and then answer your question.

Most pedophiles have a particular sex and age they are attracted to. If you want to lump pedophiles who are attracted to children of the same sex with homosexuals who are attracted to adults of the same sex, then logic dictates you must make that link to heterosexuals as well. Once you do that, your point becomes meaningless.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why would someone who does not believe in the authority of the scripture or in its message attempt to explain said message. and you, your unbelief.
    But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

And I ask you, who by the evidence of your own words do not have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, how you can define the intent of the Holy Spirit in His words?

You make many assumptions. You don't know whether I'm an unbeliever or not, I haven't said either way, so how could I wear it like a badge?

I said I could no longer call myself a Christian. Now, do you believe I never was? Because if I was, couldn't I have had the guidance of the Holy Spirit as I read my Bible and prayed for understanding? Or do you believe once saved always saved? If so, might not I still be guided? Or do you have a lock on how God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus relate to me?

I defend your right to believe homosexuality is wrong. I don't think it makes you a homophobe, or a hater. It's your self-righteousness I object to.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

That is 100% why I do not have live TV anymore. And sadly, it is also why my kids are the only ones at school NOT dressed like whores or gangbangers (we got a thank you note for that from a teacher once).

Top Bottom