Help me understand the distain for Donald Trump.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Although it's true that a lot of it was due to anti-Hillary because they loathed her as an individual for many reasons but at the same time it could also be said that many of those same votes also favored Trump's policy agenda and wanted a different direction.
    And the same could be of those that were anti-Trump.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    No Idea?

Dude loves Americans and truly wanted to give back to his country.

He is pro American (America First)
    1. Started Wall
    2. Economy was on fire
    3. Operation “Warp Speed”
    4. Actually set down with the crazy NK’s
    5. Acted like a American on the world stage
    6. Supported Police
    7. Was not afraid to fire people
    8. Talked to reporters
    9. Surrounded himself with experts
    10. Prison Reform
    11. Hot First Lady

Had a lot bosses that were a$$hats. Don’t care if you can manage and lead. It’s all good I have thick skin.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I disliked Trump before he got into politics.

In 2016 we faced a choice - a Narcissist or a Sociopath. I urged people to vote for the Narcissist because, in their drive to make everyone love them, they might just do the things that people will love them for. A Sociopath couldn't give two s**ts if you love them or not, only that you do what they want you to do for them.

After the election, I watched, for the first time in my lifetime, the politician roll up his sleeves and start working hard on the to-do list he promised to work on. That alone sealed it for me. The fact that I agreed with many of his goals was a big bonus!

Whether he served the country to get it's love, or served because he loved it, isn't as important to me as the fact that, in both cases, he served the people.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I confess that I have to watch myself and keep the right attitude toward Biden. Biden is working against God, but I have to make sure I don't have the same animosity toward God because of my feelings about Biden as those that have the wrong attitude toward Trump.

Edit: Obedience to commandment is always superior to a consensus of the majority.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The constant media barrage of fabricated BS is what drove the vast majority of people to lose their minds when he was elected. The vast majority of the people who weren't convinced by the fabricated media barrage were turned off by his inability to hold his tongue and simply get stuff done. I don't know a single person who likes him for who he is but you'd certainly never know that listening to the media.

He remained popular because he wasn't part of the machine and the enemy of my enemies is my friend. Same reason I'd vote for him again if his name is on the ballot even though I hope it isn't.

Ask yourself how much of that hate was bought. I remember the media's ideological animosity towards Nixon over the years of his career, it even went back to the Alger Hiss days. It was nothing compared to the nonstop shrill venom spewing directed at Trump. Big money went big to get rid of him in the election, I've often wondered how big the bill was and if they are still spending.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I still think Covid is what cost Trump the election. It enabled them to hide Biden through the election season, and it was the excuse for the ridiculous last minute election changes in so many places.

If they had had to trot Joe out to talk to people more and actually show up for debates, things may have been different.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    No Idea?

1. Started Wall
    2. Economy was on fire
    6. Supported Police
    8. Talked to reporters
    10. Prison Reform
    11. Hot First Lady

Had a lot bosses that were a$$hats. Don’t care if you can manage and lead. It’s all good I have thick skin.
    12. As a real estate guy he was all for borrowing and leverage.

What works in R.E. doesn't work for government. :(

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    12. As a real estate guy he was all for borrowing and leverage.

What works in R.E. does work for government. :(
    This an the bump stock thing were my two biggest policy gripes with the guy. I was really disappointed he didn't work with the Republican Congress he had for two years to work first on deficits and then debt. Time squandered.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    The premise is wrong because conservatives are not voting for Jesus, or Christian of the year, they are voting for a man. There are good men, bad men and in between, but make no mistake of it, they are all sinners in the sight of God.

Who made the requirement that the candidate a conservative votes for must be a professed Christian?
    I'll give you that. Also, please don't think me antagonist, I'm just usually very surprised by how much rationalization goes into the religious vote because you're right, it is not a requirement for a conservative candidate to be a professed Christian. It's maybe more an expectation ever since Jerry Falwell Sr and his Moral Majority movement tried to make it a requirement to secure the religious right's vote. People typically vote for candidates who most closely align with their values and issues and in 2016 that really was Cruz, not Trump, but Trump beat out Cruz more than 2-to-1 for the nomination in spite of his watery values. That leads me to believe that more than anything the best attribute Trump had going for him was that he wasn't a career politician or DC insider.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    When the money is no longer worth anything, they gladly give it away in exchange for real assets.
    Crazy housing market anyone? Or maybe they figured that if they're going to let millions of people come in at once, they all have to live somewhere. I really don't understand realestate, and don't know what I'm talking about, but the reasoning I've heard for the hot market hasn't made sense beyond the surface.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DJT has his faults but for me, the bottom line is he loves his country.
    More than I can say for most of the scum on the left

This is an important distinction between George Bush's New World Order and Americans. Leadership today sees itself not as a representative of the people that elected them but as players on a world stage.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No Idea?

1. Started Wall
    2. Economy was on fire
    6. Supported Police
    8. Talked to reporters
    10. Prison Reform
    11. Hot First Lady

Great post…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll give you that. Also, please don't think me antagonist, I'm just usually very surprised by how much rationalization goes into the religious vote because you're right, it is not a requirement for a conservative candidate to be a professed Christian. It's maybe more an expectation ever since Jerry Falwell Sr and his Moral Majority movement tried to make it a requirement to secure the religious right's vote. People typically vote for candidates who most closely align with their values and issues and in 2016 that really was Cruz, not Trump, but Trump beat out Cruz more than 2-to-1 for the nomination in spite of his watery values. That leads me to believe that more than anything the best attribute Trump had going for him was that he wasn't a career politician or DC insider.

Agree, and would add, Trump fought. In the primary he was and aggressive fighting machine. Willing to fight over and and everything no matter how small or petty.

Conservatives had supported a centrist war hero who was called every vile thing the left hurls, then they supported a gentleman, with a religion many didn’t like, that was just a democrat light and he too was maligned by the left.

They then sent a fighter to fight…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He may be rich, but he wasn't part of the political machine. The puppet masters had no strings for this one. So, the machine works against him and all followers simply repeat the mantra.
    And the "Machine" (Owned/operated/manned with the mindless minions) told the rest of the mindless nonthinkers to hate him and not unlike Nazi's rise to power if you tell the mindless the same lies and indoctrinations long enough it becomes the truth. And is dole out in copious amounts disguised as koolaid and consumed by the mindless to fuel the agenda.

Frank Zappa....."The slime oozing out from your TV set"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I urged people to vote for the Narcissist because, in their drive to make everyone love them, they might just do the things that people will love them for.
    This did not go as DJT expected it too. I sincerely believe what I about to explain is truly what he thought and planned. If you look at his actions post inauguration and filling his cabinet I believe they bear this out.

When DJT won the election, which I believe surprised even himself he was going to be the great moderate, the uniter of all, loved and adored. And had the MSM press treated him better and they hadn’t jumped on the phony Russia collusion he may just have become that Romney type moderate in the office.

But the press and dems pushed and pushed and pushed, he fought and fought and fought. He had to purge moderates he out in his staff, he had to find out just who was even on his team. And conservatives that he had success in working with to win became his only support. So the conservatives best President in decades probably would not have been that if the left had not created the DJT of today…

Top Bottom