Help me understand the distain for Donald Trump.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I do find it interesting that there is this perception that Trump isn't a politician. He might not have been one when he was elected but he sure as hell was one when he left. His stance on issues is 100% based on what garners him the most attention. If that isn't politics as usual, I'm not sure what is.
    I think it was the attention, not the stance that mattered to him. I think he enjoyed being outlandish and making hyperbolic statements just to watch liberals' heads explode as they tried to figure out how in the heck to respond to it. Of course the novelty eventually wore off but it was entertaining for a while.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I do find it interesting that there is this perception that Trump isn't a politician. He might not have been one when he was elected but he sure as hell was one when he left. His stance on issues is 100% based on what garners him the most attention. If that isn't politics as usual, I'm not sure what is.
    Maybe what garnished him the most attention was what the people paying attention wanted. Most Trump supporters wanted to be heard and not shouted down by the leftists. He was willing to go to the mat for them IMHO.

My recently departed mom didn't particularly care for him, but she asked me why I liked him. I said it was because he was an ***hole and I thought that America needed an ***hole after the grand apology tour that was the Obama presidency.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You do realize you comment on my post directly responding to another member’s question to me says otherwise….right?

Last I checked, HRC didn’t win and Indiana’s electoral college votes were never in play.

Feel free to be outraged by my votes, though.

I don't think that hand-washing thing plays out like you expect, but by all means consider your virtue intact

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    WdMxHuW.gif

≤ 4%

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The two main things I saw that turned republicans and conservatives against him:

1. Way too many self inflicted wounds by saying careless things a world leader should never say, even if it was true. Most of it spun to be even worse than he actually said but he never learned from his mistakes.

2. He stood against the swamp and career politicians who were in it for themselves. That included parts of the Republican establishment. He exposed them and angered them. Some of them wanted the days of establishment politics back at any cost, even if it meant the republicans lost the presidency.

I also think he lost a lot of voters in the first debate against Biden. He acted like grade school bully, it was embarrassing, and it put a lot of people off who had stuck with him up to that point. I don’t have anything to back that up, just a feeling that after watching that debate a lot of voters said “I’m done” realizing he’ll never learn to act presidential.
    OK what exactly is acting presidential.
    To smooth lip and slippery tongue, you base while you stone up a sharp knife behind our backs to carve away at our freedoms. No knock on your explanation but saw right through what he did to that weak minded simp that stole the election. He was rattling him and if allowed to continue I am sure or sniff the kids Joe's heads would explode.
    Joe was never made to actually answer a solid question from the right and weas dealt softball pitches. The debate was as big a farce as the alleged election was.
    You might be right that some simple minded voters were "OFFENDED" and stepped off, but I saw his tactics like them or not.
    This is not a knock on you or your opinions as they seem to be sound. My thing is what the actual hell is acting presidential. Bowing at the feet of our sworn enemy's or leaving hands at your side during the national anthem. Brother I can do this all night.
    End of rant and thank you for the time.....:):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because he threw us all under the bus to save his own skin, and hopped on the left bandwagon to peddle the "vaccine."

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    OK what exactly is acting presidential.
    To smooth lip and slippery tongue, you base while you stone up a sharp knife behind our backs to carve away at our freedoms. No knock on your explanation but saw right through what he did to that weak minded simp that stole the election. He was rattling him and if allowed to continue I am sure or sniff the kids Joe's heads would explode.
    Joe was never made to actually answer a solid question from the right and weas dealt softball pitches. The debate was as big a farce as the alleged election was.
    You might be right that some simple minded voters were "OFFENDED" and stepped off, but I saw his tactics like them or not.
    This is not a knock on you or your opinions as they seem to be sound. My thing is what the actual hell is acting presidential. Bowing at the feet of our sworn enemy's or leaving hands at your side during the national anthem. Brother I can do this all night.
    End of rant and thank you for the time.....:):
    CM, I get where you’re coming from and for most part I agree. I appreciated that Trump would rattle the cages. Cages needed rattled. For example, acting presidential isn’t needlessly calling other developing nations that we support $#%!holes. I’ve been to Haiti a couple times on missions and honestly even as much as I love the people there, it is a $#%!hole. But as the president of the United States it was wrong to say it the way he did. But Trump had a hard time toning it down and reigning it back when he needed to. That’s the kind of self inflicted wounds I talking about. As far as the debate, he took it to far in my opinion. Not that Joe didn’t deserve it, but Trump didn’t even give Joe the space to embarrass himself. In my opinion the left got freebie that night. I heard the former VP lie and claim that kids aren’t being sold into slavery and trafficked across our border. And most people missed it because Trump wouldn’t let him talk. Heck, Trump seemed to miss it. He was too focused on attacking Joe instead of attacking the issues.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    What a joke. He received more votes the 2nd time around. He didn't lose votes. He gained.
    The whole narrative of losing votes/supporters turned against him are fabricated ********
    His total votes increased yes. But he lost votes in some surprising demographics like among white moderates and suburban women. On the other hand he gained votes in surprising demographics like among many minority groups. Having said that I’m still not convinced 81 million individual citizens actually voted for Joe.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I’ll give this a go, and ill catch hell. For a bit.

He’s an egotisitical sociopath. He’s a flip flopper on many different subjects, including gun ownership. He’s a wall street fatcat that doesnt give a flying **** about what the “blue collar” wants. He’s been raised and groomed by the elite, another do as i say, not as i do type.

In other words. He’s a typical run of the mill swamp politician. He just hasnt been at it his entire life, but he would have fit right in.

With all that said.

I would vote for him, 100% of the time, against any dimocrat walking this earth. Period.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’ll give this a go, and ill catch hell. For a bit.

He’s an egotisitical sociopath. He’s a flip flopper on many different subjects, including gun ownership. He’s a wall street fatcat that doesnt give a flying **** about what the “blue collar” wants. He’s been raised and groomed by the elite, another do as i say, not as i do type.

In other words. He’s a typical run of the mill swamp politician. He just hasnt been at it his entire life, but he would have fit right in.

With all that said.

I would vote for him, 100% of the time, against any dimocrat walking this earth. Period.
    All I’m seeing here and the only thing that counts is your last sentence. If you’re still voting for Trump after all that then that other stuff doesn’t matter.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Well sadly the state of politics in this country isnt, vote for the most qualified based on your ideals, anymore.

Its vote for who you hate the least, or who’s going to bend you over the least.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Anyone who is smart enough, or qualified enough, or centrist enough, or sane enough to pull this :poop: wagon and back on track, is damn well smart enough to stay out of politics.

I dare say its going to be a good long while before anyone decent enough runs for president, and at that point itll be like a glass of water after a handful of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don’t think it matters who the president is. I don’t think it matters who has the majority in Congress anymore. I’ve been on this rock long enough to know the jubilation of seeing my preferred party swept into power only to disappoint me and everyone who thought it would be different this time. More than once.

The cancer in DC is metastatic and killing the patient. Believe me, I hope I’m wrong.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I do not know why some folks have distain.

I do not know why some folks want a leader.

I do not know why some folks want a king.

Top Bottom