• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Also...I fully expect my ad to be flagged and pulled. So, if anyone else wants to chip in, lets flood the classifieds and forums with honeypots.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    They leave any evidence of a break it??? My guess is someone you know or who happened to see all that you had at one point. That had to take some planning to move that much ammo exc unnoticed.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have some in a safe, but that is my next purchase... along with a camera system

Gunner

You might want to consider a lockable cabinet in lieu of a safe-- something designed to secure flammables. They are often pretty heavy duty and cost a good bit less.

A safe big enough to house a stash the size of what these jerks ganked from you is going to be a VERY large safe-- and cost a fortune.

Perhaps something like this?

894500_7.jpg

You can get some reasonable security from a heavy duty locker without going all the way up to a full-on vault. Just make sure you pick a quality padlock.

H

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. I have words to describe thieves that would probably get me banned. Will keep an eye out, up here, in Indy. Good luck in getting your stuff back.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Well that stinks. I had a small robbery 30 years ago that didn't amount to much and a robbery 20 years ago that cost me most of my hand tools. Both times it was just the idea of being robbed that really made me angry and sad. Your situation involves a lot more money but probably similar feelings. I am sorry it happened to you. The police will probably notify likely places for it to appear. It wouldn't hurt to do some thinking and calling on your own. The thief might or might not know what to do with it.

Possible places to warn (not saying they would buy):

Local gun shops (Clark, Floyd, maybe elsewhere depending on where you are in Clark)

Flea markets: Memphis (huge flea market by truck stops), Peddlers Mall on Eastern Blvd, Self Storage place in Henryville (flea market every weekend)

Reloaders Supply on 10th Street

I don't know where someone would try to unload that much stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gunner, I would bet you lunch at your favorite White Castle that you know the people involved. Someone had to know of you stash, planned to get it and executed it based on your schedule.
    Who do you know that has hit hard times lately....has a brother of questionable integrity that has been to your garage/house. Could have been a casual friend of one of your friends. possibly a neighbor. We all hate to think that people we know and have helped out over the years would do this but, someone knew your layout and schedule.

Nothing worse than a thief except for a child molester or brutalizer of woman. They all fall under the same umbrella with me.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    If the thief decided to sell all of this at one place, it will be pretty obvious. If they break it up though, and sell it a little at a time at different places, then it will be a lot harder to find. Won't be quick money for the thief though.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    OMG, that's a lot of ammo! I'll bet the LE's eyes opened real wide when you started listed what was missing.:(

Well it was really kind of funny, when the officer came over, he got out of his car and stated, well he has been taking lots of these types of calls today. I told him, well I bet you havent taken a call like this, and proceeded to tell him what was missing, and he was like, yea your right, I havent taken a call like this today... LOL As for the amount of ammo, I know that is what makes this so crazy, that would be enough where one would need the back end of a pickup truck to haul away. Or numerous small loads.

Gunner

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    That is a lot of ammo. I will keep an eye out in SW Indiana. Might be time to invest in some surveillance camera's. Are area pawn required to report serial numbers equipment to police? Evansville area pawn shops are required to input items into a data to see if stolen.

Good luck,

Top Bottom