• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    That is a lot of ammo. I will keep an eye out in SW Indiana. Might be time to invest in some surveillance camera's. Are area pawn required to report serial numbers equipment to police? Evansville area pawn shops are required to input items into a data to see if stolen.

Good luck,

Yes they are required to report all serial numbers of items they take in pawn. The issue is not the nail gun or the multimeter or fishing equipment it is all the ammo...

Gunner

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What that I am waiting for the detectives to call me back?

I swear I wish people would stop saying to "protect and ..." The police do NOT protect people, they have NO Constitutional duty to protect ANYONE. The police are there to do 2 jobs, 1 to arrest someone for committing a crime, and 2 to generate revenue by arresting people. NOTHING MORE!!!!

Gunner

BTW, your loss makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I hope they are able to recover your property and catch the scum. I'll probably be thinking about this the rest of the day.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I'll keep an eye/ear out up here (Hancock County) for your stuff.

He!!, for a SportsMan, the only thing that could be worse would be to steal your DOG too..

PM inbound..Bill.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    Have you had any work done in your house or on your property in the past six months? Do you have groundskeepers taking care of your lawn or anyone work on your roof...? Ask your kids if they told anyone about the toys you keep at home. Also, have you shot the **** with someone about your ammo supply while in a gun store? It would have been really easy for them to follow you home and find out where you lived and track your movements from there. I saw a lot of this type of stuff when I lived down in Florida. Sorry to hear it happened to you, I hope they catch the fleabags.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    BTW, your loss makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I hope they are able to recover your property and catch the scum. I'll probably be thinking about this the rest of the day.

So are you attempting to say that by my reporting a robbery that the police are protecting me? I have never said that I hated the police or wish them ANY ill will. I have pointed out on numerous occasions that the police are there to do a job, and that is to arrest criminals, not to protect people as SCOTUS has affirmed.

I do appreciate your thoughts though about my loss, and believe me, my stomach has been ill since I found the items missing. My question is this, how come the police didnt arrest the dooshbag who ADMITTED to me, my wife AND the officer that he stole my multimeter and pawned it? I mean we are not talking about a K-Mart special, it was a really nice Fluke that costs around 350 bucks... I am still scratching my head about that one.

Gunner

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So are you attempting to say that by my reporting a robbery that the police are protecting me? I have never said that I hated the police or wish them ANY ill will. I have pointed out on numerous occasions that the police are there to do a job, and that is to arrest criminals, not to protect people as SCOTUS has affirmed.

I do appreciate your thoughts though about my loss, and believe me, my stomach has been ill since I found the items missing. My question is this, how come the police didnt arrest the dooshbag who ADMITTED to me, my wife AND the officer that he stole my multimeter and pawned it? I mean we are not talking about a K-Mart special, it was a really nice Fluke that costs around 350 bucks... I am still scratching my head about that one.

Gunner

My guess would be he is going to ask for a warrant

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    My guess would be he is going to ask for a warrant

Ahhh well ok, I can understand that. I have been told by a little tweety bird that this same dooshbag stole my neighbors generator, another person's xbox 360 and a bunch of games, and the list goes on and on... this cat is bad news, and it is all because of dope, plain and simple, this jackass wants dope and will do anything to get it... sad so so sad...

Gunner

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I will keep my eye out for any of this stuff in southern Indiana! I'll let some of the LGS know about it too. Sorry about the loss! Wow! Thats a lot of stuff!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Gunner, if you don't mind me asking, how did they get in, and how did it take so long to notice that much stuff missing..... If you don't want to post, PM me ....

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I live in Clark County also. Charlestown to be exact. I'll put out feelers and see what I can find. If it's around here anywhere, I'll hear about it. That Fluke is an expensive meter for sure. Check out the pawn shop on 10th street in Jeff. It's in the old McDonald's. The owner is straight up honest. He'll watch for you.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I have a friend who does the bowling alley thing and writes stolen from on his boxes of ammo. He doesn't sell any of his ammo but I always thought it was a good idea unless someone would actually put the effort of putting them in new boxes.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I have a friend who does the bowling alley thing and writes stolen from on his boxes of ammo. He doesn't sell any of his ammo but I always thought it was a good idea unless someone would actually put the effort of putting them in new boxes.

Doc, I have no idea of what you just said ^^^ means???..Bill.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

Uhhh maybe I am thick-headed but I cant make heads or tails about what you mean...

Gunner

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Sounds like his friend buys ammo with no intentions of ever selling it. By writing "Stolen from : Jim Bob" on the box.....a potential thief couldn't turn around and sell it on Armslist. Not sure about the bowling alley reference :dunno:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Sounds like his friend buys ammo with no intentions of ever selling it. By writing "Stolen from : Jim Bob" on the box.....a potential thief couldn't turn around and sell it on Armslist. Not sure about the bowling alley reference :dunno:

I believe he is referring to rental bowling shoes/balls some of which have "stolen from XXX lanes" permanently affixed.

Best,

Joe

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Some bowling alleys have "stolen from xyz bowling alley" on the balls, shoes, pins, ect.

Sorry to hear about the stuff. Did you ever find out how they got in?

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    This incident should serve as a reminder to all. Collecting the amount of stuff he had stolen was a huge financial investment. We should all be prepared with electronic surveillance equipment. If you can afford thousands for guns and ammo why not a few hundred for equipment that will allow identification of the bastichs that would do such a thing. Cameras and digital recording equipment will go along way. Last line of defense. A silent partner so to speak. Hopefully something breaks on this case.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I also have had digital recording of what goes on in my home. It has paid off once as they forgot to read the signs posted. They were caught 2 days later using the firearm during another holdup. It took some time to regain my firearms, but overall the home alarm digital protection was, and is worth the $39.99 @ month.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Certainly sorry to hear, had my van robbed a few years ago, really makes you want to castrate the axxhxxs that do this crap. I hope you have contacted your Homeowners insurance rep. They should cover everything but the deductible. You probably should get prices for "Reloads" for the reloaded ammo you lost - rest should be fairly easy to document at current prices + shipping & taxes. The BG may be "trading" the ammo for drugs.

Top Bottom